Media Rampage made $7 million from PPV when he fought Liddell

He was angry about everything in general. He was low key Chris Curtis,but outside the cage only. In it,he was RAMPAGE.
UjFyrUz.gif

Rampage's first fight in the UFC was against Marvin Eastman. The fight was decent enough I guess, but easily forgettable.
Yeah, it's sort of like Cro-cop's fight against Sanchez. It just sort of happened and then a bigger fight overshadowed it.

I like Quinton but he was always bitter about pay. It didn't matter where he went. He was angry about it in Pride, UFC and Bellator.
Wouldn't most in this current landscape say that was justified anger?

Didn't he claim it was 5 million not long ago? He's just adding an extra 2 million to the made up number he pulled out of his ass.

Member when Chael tried to claim he made 9 million vs Anderson and then court documents showed he was paid about 1 million? I member.
Five really isn't that far away from seven when you think about it. Zeros don't mean anything.

Idk, I have a hard time believing they’d let him get that big of a cut. Seems like if he had that in his WFA contract they could have given him a couple more main card fights to run out the contract they had bought up, then resigned him to a normal deal.
The UFC didn't have a choice because there wasn't anyone else to fight for the title in that timeframe.

Shogun had already fought three months prior and had a knee injury.
Henderson had already fought three months prior and was still in contract negotiations.
Wanderlei and Arona had both been knocked out.
Sokoudjou had already fought one month prior and was only 4-1.
Ortiz was Liddell's previous title defense.
Lil Nog had been knocked out by Sokoudjou.

The UFC didn't have a choice because there wasn't anyone else to fight for the title in that timeframe.

Shogun had already fought three months prior and had a knee injury.
Henderson had already fought three months prior and was still in contract negotiations.
Wanderlei and Arona had both been knocked out.
Sokoudjou had already fought one month prior and was only 4-1.
Ortiz was Liddell's previous title defense.
Lil Nog had been knocked out by Sokoudjou.
You’re saying they HAD to main event event the LHW title on that card, and it HAD to be Rampage because there was literally no one else? It don’t buy that there was literally NO other option. A better argument would be that Liddell and Dana were close and Chuck really wanted to avenge his losses so Rampage was brought specifically so Chuck could fight him. He campaigned pretty hard for the rematch with Horn, pretty sure he did the same thing with Rampage. Even still, it seems like a stretch to say that Dana was so committed to making Chuck happy that he was willing to give away over half the company’s PPV take.

Back