Media Rampage made $7 million from PPV when he fought Liddell

Makes sense. Knowing this I'm shocked they had his first fight for the title.

At this point Liddell was trying to "avenge his losses". The Rampage loss was the last one and if Liddel had won he could have said he'd beaten everyone he'd ever fought. This is also why Jeremy Horn got a shot. At this point having an unavenged win over the champ gave you a title shot claim IE John Lober. Later on MMA would move away from this concept.

Rampage vs. Chuck weigh-in was on ESPNNEWS and that was big time. Rampage vs Henderson is probably THE most underrated UFC title fight ever, outside the first Couture vs. Rizzo, as I never see that fight brought up in great fights. When did Rampage lose that cut?
Rampage Hendo was Page's most complete MMA fight he ever put on. Maybe his best overall performance. Good times.

hes making alot of money but all soft men here cries

dude u shouldnt expect to get payed the same as doctors if your a janitor

everybody begins from the bottom

western people should be happy
ive seen alot of my countrymen that cant even eat atleast 2x a day

the world is cruel people should have figured this thing out along time ago

The next fight they put him on spike TV cus they didn’t wanna pay him LOL

I don’t see it like that. They needed to build both him and he do to their fans. Since those uk ppv were tape delay back then, it made more sense to put it on tv. And it helped in long run because that ppv peaked with 5.6 million viewers

Reactions: Sek
But UFC underpays fighters!¡¡! And we all know exactly how much they make!!

if that's true it's incredible they even put him on a PPV to begin with with those margins

I like Quinton but he was always bitter about pay. It didn't matter where he went. He was angry about it in Pride, UFC and Bellator.
Yes. It’s called knowing how much you’re worth . These companies have billions. Give him millions

Back in the day guys made more cash . The game was new and it was fun.

I was getting paid to talk about Mma in 2006. Nobody else was doing it yet

Rampage vs. Chuck weigh-in was on ESPNNEWS and that was big time. Rampage vs Henderson is probably THE most underrated UFC title fight ever, outside the first Couture vs. Rizzo, as I never see that fight brought up in great fights. When did Rampage lose that cut?

Rampage vs Forrest Griffin is one of my favorite fights ever.

I hold Rampage in such high regard, he's a bonafide legend.

That's awesome, thanks for sharing.

I feel Rampage and Shogun should join Wand in the HOF this year.

Both those fights were so good and underrated. Another one (non title but for legacy) was big nog vs randy

There’s a zero percent chance he made 7 million against Chuck …. Zero !

I’d actually be surprised if he made half of that … very surprised

Idk, I have a hard time believing they’d let him get that big of a cut. Seems like if he had that in his WFA contract they could have given him a couple more main card fights to run out the contract they had bought up, then resigned him to a normal deal.

I think Rampage and Hendo were both in top shape for their match.

I'm gonna need to listen to this podcast.

Reactions: HHJ
Back