Forgetting your thoughts on Ronda pre Holly fight, how is her behavior post Holly fight wrong?

i know thats how it is but i completely disagree.

just because my job is in the public eye doesnt mean i should be held to a higher standard as a human being.

the only people mad at athletes for doing "bad" things are the ones who cant take the responsibility of raising their kids themselves so they need celebrities to do it for them.

Again, it's a fair opinion to have. But I think it's a bit more complex:

Normal human beings do not get paid millions to wear Nike shoes. You need to be a pro athlete to get that kind of sponsorship cash. Is it really unreasonable for Nike to expect then that you should uphold a certain imagine, being paid millions to be the face of their brand?

Then there's the issue of criminal records and how they affect the average person's ability to find employment. Let's take the extreme example of Michael Vick. Convicted for dog fighting - a truly despicable activity - goes to jail and a after a couple of years downtime, gets more multi-million contracts. That's not how it works for the average human being unfortunately. After a couple of years in jail, you will have an extremely difficult time finding meaningful employment e.g. as an accountant.

Also, nobody needs sports. We need carpenters, street cleaners, bus drivers, etc. The point is, without fan interest, pro sports stop being profitable. The same can't be said of any profession outside of the entertainment business. These guys make millions (well, not in MMA...) and a large part of the reason why they get paid millions is because fans invest financially and emotionally in a sport. I.e. we pay for this with our disposable income. Let's say for arguments sake that an athlete is convicted of pedophilia. Would you really want to support that guy with the money you spend on season's tickets, beer and hotdogs at the stadium, jersey sales, etc.? I wouldn't want that guy to see even 1 dollar of my money, I don't care how well he performs at his sport.

She might be looking to drop MMA for acting, in the same way she dropped judo for MMA when she didn't win gold.

amazing she didn't continue to pursue a career in judo and wait the 4 years for the next olympics. opting for the easy way out in mma.

It seems almost like you went out of your way to put me into some weird trap. I admit that I am flawed. If you think you have no intellectual dishonesty, or however you want to phrase it, you're lying to yourself. Oppressors don't get to turn around and act oppressed, that's generally how the world works. Do you think a black person saying the n word is the same as a white person, and etc? It's just a rabbit hole and yeah we disagree so moving on.
I think it's frankly pathetic that I get a yellowcard for saying the N word in jest.

well, i don't know anything about that. i wasn't really making a point about any of that stuff.
I'm sorry, I mean the n word is just a word. I should be allowed to say it, everyone should be allowed to say it. I think it's the only word that's literally banned from the site, as you get censored if you type it. black people say it all the time, too. they love the sound of it.

It seems almost like you went out of your way to put me into some weird trap. I admit that I am flawed. If you think you have no intellectual dishonesty, or however you want to phrase it, you're lying to yourself. Oppressors don't get to turn around and act oppressed, that's generally how the world works. Do you think a black person saying the n word is the same as a white person, and etc? It's just a rabbit hole and yeah we disagree so moving on.
I meant that to be my last post but you did pose a direct question to me. So I'll humor it.

Teruto Ishihara got personally contacted by the UFC to never use Bitches in his promotions or interviews. They actively promoted Ronda doing so. Hah.

A white man and a black man should use the N word (Banned on here btw it shows up with just emojis) and face equal repercussion (which should be none, its just a word) if you truly want a fair, and equal society.

Lastly, you can be intellectually dishonest on a range of topics but there isn't point in discussing this particular intellectual dishonesty you have as it influences the decision of you making this very topic. Ronda is not a victim. She deserves a lot of the critique she gets due to her behavior akin to what Jones and McGregor have suffered. The ones who deal with it get made fun of a lot less. If Ronda went right back into camp and fought Holly again or another top girl this whole 'Ronda Pillow' thing wouldn't be a meme. She created it herself, and has only herself to blame for the criticism. That is all.

I meant that to be my last post but you did pose a direct question to me. So I'll humor it.

Teruto Ishihara got personally contacted by the UFC to never use Bitches in his promotions or interviews. They actively promoted Ronda doing so. Hah.

A white man and a black man should use the N word (Banned on here btw it shows up with just emojis) and face equal repercussion (which should be none, its just a word) if you truly want a fair, and equal society.

Lastly, you can be intellectually dishonest on a range of topics but there isn't point in discussing this particular intellectual dishonesty you have as it influences the decision of you making this very topic. Ronda is not a victim. She deserves a lot of the critique she gets due to her behavior akin to what Jones and McGregor have suffered. The ones who deal with it get made fun of a lot less. If Ronda went right back into camp and fought Holly again or another top girl this whole 'Ronda Pillow' thing wouldn't be a meme. She created it herself, and has only herself to blame for the criticism. That is all.
Agree to disagree and respect as always.

People are just petty and mean-spirited. Nothing she has done should warrant the kind of intense mass hatred she has received. People here would sooner let a serial killer off the hook than her.

Of course I must chime in.

There is no difference between a black person and a white person saying, for example, 'what's up, my nigg.a?' There is no difference between a black person and a white person using the hard r version in anger and hate. Always framing the situation in terms of 'oppressor vs oppressors' just fosters resentment and perpetuates 'bigotry'.

Of course I must chime in.

There is no difference between a black person and a white person saying, for example, 'what's up, my nigg.a?' There is no difference between a black person and a white person using the hard r version in anger and hate. Always framing the situation in terms of 'oppressor vs oppressors' just fosters resentment and perpetuates 'bigotry'.
yeah i guess so

Because only someone with clinical narcissism would be so "broken" by a loss. This is especially off-putting when observed alongside her complete lack of empathy for all of the opponents she defeated.

Her behavior points to the possibility that she's a real horrible human being.

Because only someone with clinical narcissism would be so "broken" by a loss. This is especially obvious due to her complete lack of empathy for all of the opponents she defeated.

Her behavior points to the possibility that she's a real horrible human being.
or clinical depression. how did she not show empathy towards cat? she actually consoled her in the cage.

Trying to look at it without the pre-fight stuff removes essential context. Kind of silly IMO

Back