Forgetting your thoughts on Ronda pre Holly fight, how is her behavior post Holly fight wrong?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Essie, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Essie

Essie fuck Platinum Member

Can someone explain why showing human emotion is something to be mocked? To me it is admirable that she would admit she was feeling suicidal and in a downward spiral. She hasn't made any excuses or said a bad word about Holly. I know everyone hates Ronda for some reason but her ability to let herself be vulnerable is a good trait and only makes me want to see her come back strong more.

And for all the immature, miserable people here:

- something something fat
    - *gif of holly koing her*
    - hahaha suicide is funny

I think I have it covered so please don't feel the need to fill this thread up with hate. I am just wanting to hear from reasonable fans why her actions post fight are bad.

2. csroster

csroster Silver Belt

I wouldn't say anything she's done has been 'wrong', but it was a little disappointing to me that she disappeared off the map and hasn't really displayed a strong desire to get back in there.

Of course she's put in her time in MMA and is free to whatever she wishes, but the turnaround from being the baddest person on the planet to a fragile wreck served to shatter the illusion that Holly cracked.

3. EGarrett

EGarrett Silver Belt

Because pretty much everyone knows that character means trying repeatedly, not giving up, overcoming adversity etc.

Not falling apart like wet toilet paper and disappearing from the sport.

YeahNo, krelianx, Paradigm and 6 others like this.
  4. Fincher7

Fincher7 Purple Belt

Like I said in the other thread, she didn't give all the little girls looking up to her a positive example of how to face adversity, she ran from it.

Say one of those little girls competes in something and loses, they're now more likely to go and sulk and lock themselves in their rooms.

5. loyalyolayal

loyalyolayal Steel Belt

I blame the greasy fries, to be honest.

6. Ar145984

Ar145984 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I really think a small acknowledgment over twitter could have gone a long way, look at how silva handled his first loss in the UFC.

analogfuzz likes this.
  7. Essie

Why do you care about her character though? Not everyone has the same definition of not giving up which is perfectly okay. She's still living and is self sufficient.

TrainInVain likes this.
  8. Fincher7

Fincher7 Purple Belt

We judge people based on their character.... lol

And you're right, not everyone does, but a lot do.

Paradigm, BAKM and analogfuzz like this.
  9. Jin Akutsu

Jin Akutsu Gengar Belt Platinum Member

I don't hate her for it, but it is disappointing she essentially dropped off of the map. Dust yourself up and get back on the horse. Conor talked 20 times the trash and still got himself back up and right back into camp.

10. Bagatur

Bagatur Red Belt

I dont know... hard to see her behavior from behind that purple pillow.

NicholasJBasile likes this.
  11. Essie

I guess I don't really understand why we are in any position to judge the character of someone we've never met. Furthermore, whose to say what defines character. You can speak for yourself, but to outright say Ronda doesn't have character is myopic. You can use societal expectations as a measurement if you wish but as you said not everyone does that.

TrainInVain and DaGenius like this.
  12. Death By Samson

Death By Samson Silver Belt

Exactly what is "right" about this?

[​IMG]

13. analogfuzz

analogfuzz White Belt

It doesn't really make sense to me, I understand being discouraged after a loss but to go from believing you're literally unbeatable (which is an unhealthy mindset in itself) to becoming instantly suicidal is such a vast shift in perspective it seems extremely unhealthy. And, tbh I don't even really understand how a person that has gotten so far in life could be this unfamiliar with the feeling of defeat, I figured that most people at that level of course wouldn't enjoy losing but be used to it by now and not let it ruin their life.

Flex Plexico, Paradigm and wellsdj1 like this.
  14. Fincher7

Fincher7 Purple Belt

Okay, let's shut the forum down then seeing as none of us have any right to express an opinion on anyone else.

Why would you need to have met someone to judge their character?

I never met Bin Laden but I'm pretty sure he was a fucking asshole.

15. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

All great fighters lose . Fedor , gsp , Ali , Tyson etc . I never seen any of them act the way Ronda did. Sure it's ok to be disappointed or sad that you lost, but suicidal ? That just means she puts all of her life's worth into what happens in the octagon which doesn't seem right .

That being said with her dad committing suicide it might be something that runs in the family so she should seek help.

NicholasJBasile likes this.
  16. Essie

What is wrong about it? Other than you getting some cheap joy at of seeing a human being at a low point...I don't understand what's wrong there?

17. Zax0r

Zax0r Fossa belt

She can't even say Holly's name. She refers to her as "that chick".

Plus she used suicide as a marketing tool.

18. basementdweller

basementdweller Black Belt

it's not wrong, it's just embarrassing. Ronda isn't a crazy, out of control person. therefore she planned on going on national tv to talk about her suicide thoughts. I don't think her emotions weren't real, but I think she went on a big stage to talk about them because she knows that generates attention. she had her feelings, and then used them to make a scene on Ellen.

if Aldo gained 10kg and started crying on national tv after losing to Conor, everyone would tell him to man up and stop being a crybaby. Ronda should've women'd up and stop being a crybaby as well. the woman is a fighter and a badass. her crying over a loss makes me cringe...

19. The Big Bang

The Big Bang Black Belt

She behaved in the most cringe-worthy way possible for a UFC champ who was trying to inspire little girls...

She went as far as to say that she can beat up anyone of the planet... O_O

In the end, she was merely a former wannabe bully in a former shit weight division (created just for her no less) ...then she got MURKED by a point fighter...

...she utterly deserves mockery.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  20. flyingscissorsheelhook

flyingscissorsheelhook Brown Belt

She didn't do anything wrong but she certainly didn't handle the loss well. At all.