Forgetting your thoughts on Ronda pre Holly fight, how is her behavior post Holly fight wrong?

it's not wrong, it's just embarrassing. Ronda isn't a crazy, out of control person. therefore she planned on going on national tv to talk about her suicide thoughts. I don't think her emotions weren't real, but I think she went on a big stage to talk about them because she knows that generates attention. she had her feelings, and then used them to make a scene on Ellen.

if Aldo gained 10kg and started crying on national tv after losing to Conor, everyone would tell him to man up and stop being a crybaby. Ronda should've women'd up and stop being a crybaby as well. the woman is a fighter and a badass. her crying over a loss makes me cringe...
I think anytime a woman speaks emotionally they are labelled as 'making a scene'. She was being emotionally honest, nothing more. I don't get how being vulnerable is embarrassing but fair enough.

Like I said in the other thread, she didn't give all the little girls looking up to her a positive example of how to face adversity, she ran from it.

Say one of those little girls competes in something and loses, they're now more likely to go and sulk and lock themselves in their rooms.

Why is Ronda fucking Rousey responsible for teaching children these values?

These are things that should be taught to you by your parents, not some cage fighter that you will never meet.

What is wrong about it? Other than you getting some cheap joy at of seeing a human being at a low point...I don't understand what's wrong there?

Hiding behind the pillow WAS the low point. If she had walked through there with her head held high she would have gained some respect.

This display was way more embarrassing than any KO could ever be.

Last edited:
I think anytime a woman speaks emotionally they are labelled as 'making a scene'. She was being emotionally honest, nothing more. I don't get how being vulnerable is embarrassing but fair enough.
Not just women. People here have equally ripped Jones for his crocodile tears and sob story after pissing hot. Both should get over themselves. Hell, there's a Jones emoji on here.

<mma1>

These are things that should be taught to you by your parents, not some cage fighter that you will never meet.
Some people project trite sports cliches like "dust yourself off" "keep going" "get back on the horse" onto athletes who have gone through sporting adversity they themselves couldn't imagine.

Not just women. People here have equally ripped Jones for his crocodile tears and sob story after pissing hot. Both should get over themselves. Hell, there's a Jones emoji on here.

<mma1>
That's a fair example but I think it's probably the outlier given how hated Jones is for being 'fake' in the first place. I don't think anyone said he was making a scene though or being an attention whore. It's more the language than the message.

Children mimic those they look up to, they're not computers who can simply be programmed to act a certain way by their parents.

She has made a lot of money being that role model, she should carry the responsibility of it. She let them down. Undeniable.

Don't care about her either way, but she's a stud as an athlete, personality wise... i think she's a douche, honest one or whatever bro, don't care how many shits she took in the woods with Travis.

Children mimic those they look up to, they're not computers who can simply be programmed to act a certain way by their parents.

She has made a lot of money being that role model, she should carry the responsibility of it. She let them down. Undeniable.
I'd love to see a list of MMA fighters with character who didn't let children down then lol.

Bullshit.

She doesnt get paid to be a role model she gets paid to fight in a cage.

If Im a successful athlete but I also like to do coke through strippers assholes, I do that for me.

If little Jimmy wants to copy me thats not my concern. Hes not my kid, I have absolutely no responsibility towards him. I dont get paid to raise your shitty kids, I get paid to fight in a cage.

And how I carry myself outside of it is none of anybodys business.

If your kid grows up to sniff coke out of strippers assholes that has nothing to do with me, thats YOUR failure as a parent.

Irony- walking away from mma because of a beating. Shacks up with hapa.<mma4>

She acted like a bitch got KTFO then wanted us to feel bad for her. Nope

Because she and her manager and the ufc marketed her in that way. In American culture, athletes have always been held up as role models, and some try to take on that role more than others, as it makes them a lot more money.

ronda-rousey-knock-out-ko.gif

I'd love to see a list of MMA fighters with character who didn't let children down then lol.

There's never been another fighter that's occupied that space before. She crossed over like no other.

There are very few positive female role models out there. She filled a role that was pretty much vacant.

Mostly she disappeared after the fight. I appreciate that.

Because she and her manager and the ufc marketed her in that way. In American culture, athletes have always been held up as role models, and some try to take on that role more than others, as it makes them a lot more money.

who cares?

if your kid looks up to ronda rousey youve failed as a parent.

shes a piece of shit and so are you for letting your kids absorb values from her.

anyone crying on the ellen degeneres show is making a scene, essie. this isn't double standards because a woman did it. it's going on national tv and then crying, it's a scene. and sure, maybe it's not embarrassing to you, but my head was red like a tomato when I watched that clip. she is a badass judoka and one of the best female fighters in the world, the least I expect is some goddamn composure months after losing a fight. not taking anything away from her real depression and suicidal thoughts, but this is something you deal with in private if you don't want to make a mockery of yourself.

people get shit on for way less. when Ariel cried in his show, for a UFC decision that threatened his job and lifestyle, a bunch of people mocked him and still mock him for it. I think laughing at a man who was facing losing his whole career is extremely stupid. I have been in his spot where people tried taking what's mine and I felt hopeless, and I cried, and then I fought back and moved on. Ariel fought back and moved on. Aldo moved on. Ronda spent months feeling sorry for herself.

Back