Forgetting your thoughts on Ronda pre Holly fight, how is her behavior post Holly fight wrong?

Bullshit.

She doesnt get paid to be a role model she gets paid to fight in a cage.

If Im a successful athlete but I also like to do coke through strippers assholes, I do that for me.

If little Jimmy wants to copy me thats not my concern. Hes not my kid, I have absolutely no responsibility towards him. I dont get paid to raise your shitty kids, I get paid to fight in a cage.

And how I carry myself outside of it is none of anybodys business.

If your kid grows up to sniff coke out of strippers assholes that has nothing to do with me, thats YOUR failure as a parent.

Not the same thing, there are plenty of strong positive male role models out there.

Ronda occupied a space that was pretty much vacant.

No other fighter has ever been in that role before.

Link to her saying she wants people to feel bad for her?

When she went on a talk show and started crying and said she wanted to kill herself
maxresdefault.jpg

Ronda is directly responsible for turning thousands of innocent little girls into this:

20150604_FanGrabs_MizGirl.jpg

Bullshit.

She doesnt get paid to be a role model she gets paid to fight in a cage.

If Im a successful athlete but I also like to do coke through strippers assholes, I do that for me.

If little Jimmy wants to copy me thats not my concern. Hes not my kid, I have absolutely no responsibility towards him. I dont get paid to raise your shitty kids, I get paid to fight in a cage.

And how I carry myself outside of it is none of anybodys business.

That's a fair opinion to have, but the fact is that pro athletes face repercussions in their respective sports for stuff they do outside of the sport. E.g. NFL players get suspensions for domestic abuse charges which technically have nothing to do with how they perform on the field.

As a pro athlete, you become a public person, like it or not. If you get caught for hookers and blow, there will be repercussions outside of the obvious legal ramifications. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but that's how it is.

There's never been another fighter that's occupied that space before. She crossed over like no other.

There are very few positive female role models out there. She filled a role that was pretty much vacant.
There are an infinite amount of female role models. How about just a list of MMA fighters with character then?

When she went on a talk show and started crying and said she wanted to kill herself
maxresdefault.jpg
No, she was just expressing human emotion. It can be foreign to angry, miserable people on the internet but to me it wasn't so strange. I didn't think she wanted me to feel sorry for her because I interact with people who display emotion.

Not the same thing, there are plenty of strong positive male role models out there.

Ronda occupied a space that was pretty much vacant.

No other fighter has ever been in that role before.

so now its rondas fault that the 135 division was full of weak bitches that couldnt help but get armbarred in round 1?

ronda is good at throwing people on their head and submitting them.

she was never good at teaching kida good values.

it baffles me that people think that pro athletes, people who are CLEARLY more gifted at using their body than their brain, should be the ones teaching values to their children.

these things should be taught to you by your parents and teachers, not famous people on tv.

No, she was just expressing human emotion. It can be foreign to angry, miserable people on the internet but to me it wasn't so strange. I didn't think she wanted me to feel sorry for her because I interact with people who display emotion.

losing a fight shouldn't have you contemplating suicide.

There are an infinite amount of female role models. How about just a list of MMA fighters with character then?
I'd rate Teruto "I love my Bitches" Ishihara as a better role model than Ronda "Do Nothing Bitches" Rousey. ;)

The time off was planned and mentioned before the Holly fight. It's not even been a year since that either.
Nerds are just pissed off they don't know what she'll do next. It doesn't make sense to be that highly invested in someone they claim to hate.

"She ran away!!!" - OK, and how is that your problem and why does it bother you?

"It doesn't bother me!!" - Sure it does.

"She's not a good role model!!"
- Maybe you should let the teenage girls who are actually looking up to Ronda decide that for themselves.

"She was a bitch towards other fighters!!!" - Do you actually watch any fights or do you only post on here?

Not really. A lot of them look upto trash like the Kardashians etc.

Ronda broke the mould. There's more to life that posting pics of your ass and looking like a princess etc.

Ludicrous premise.

Forgetting that your girlfriend blew that dude at the concert last weekend, what about her behavior since warrants your current mood towards her?

so now its rondas fault that the 135 division was full of weak bitches that couldnt help but get armbarred in round 1?

ronda is good at throwing people on their head and submitting them.

she was never good at teaching kida good values.

it baffles me that people think that pro athletes, people who are CLEARLY more gifted at using their body than their brain, should be the ones teaching values to their children.

these things should be taught to you by your parents and teachers, not famous people on tv.

There's nothing more powerful and influential than a positive role model.

This idea you have of parents simply 'teaching' is flawed, kids don't listen to their parents, they mimic their heroes.

All great fighters lose . Fedor , gsp , Ali , Tyson etc . I never seen any of them act the way Ronda did. Sure it's ok to be disappointed or sad that you lost, but suicidal ? That just means she puts all of her life's worth into what happens in the octagon which doesn't seem right .

That being said with her dad committing suicide it might be something that runs in the family so she should seek help.
both cro cop and arlovski, just to name 2, admitted suicidal thoughts as well. top athletes can be fragile too.

That's a fair opinion to have, but the fact is that pro athletes face repercussions in their respective sports for stuff they do outside of the sport. E.g. NFL players get suspensions for domestic abuse charges which technically have nothing to do with how they perform on the field.

As a pro athlete, you become a public person, like it or not. If you get caught for hookers and blow, there will be repercussions outside of the obvious legal ramifications. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, but that's how it is.

i know thats how it is but i completely disagree.

just because my job is in the public eye doesnt mean i should be held to a higher standard as a human being.

the only people mad at athletes for doing "bad" things are the ones who cant take the responsibility of raising their kids themselves so they need celebrities to do it for them.

I guess I don't really understand why we are in any position to judge the character of someone we've never met. Furthermore, whose to say what defines character. You can speak for yourself, but to outright say Ronda doesn't have character is myopic. You can use societal expectations as a measurement if you wish but as you said not everyone does that.
*who's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back