Forgetting your thoughts on Ronda pre Holly fight, how is her behavior post Holly fight wrong?

Well, its the same in the end. Hard to appreciate either outside of the cage in your eyes I would presume.
I don't really know if it's the same but that's besides the point. I don't really have much of an opinion on Ronda out of the cage. I relate to her because I have a history suicide in my family and have dealt with that my whole life. I think she comes across as extremely abrasive at times but she is a legit badass female and I respect that. Ishihara, I don't know anything about him.

I wouldn't say anything she's done has been 'wrong', but it was a little disappointing to me that she disappeared off the map and hasn't really displayed a strong desire to get back in there.

Of course she's put in her time in MMA and is free to whatever she wishes, but the turnaround from being the baddest person on the planet to a fragile wreck served to shatter the illusion that Holly cracked.
this.
And the fact she disappeared, and act like she doesn't understand how her actions brought so much hate the second she fell.
She was shielded before. But after seeing how people were relishing on her defeat, I would expect anyone who wants to improve, to take steps towards changing what made people hate her in the first place.

But instead, she simply chose to disappear and ignore.

Even now, as WMMA is on hold because of her, she can't simply come out and say "I will fight" or don't wait for me.

There's nothing more powerful and influential than a positive role model.

This idea you have of parents simply 'teaching' is flawed, kids don't listen to their parents, they mimic their heroes.

if ronda rousey is your kids hero youve already failed as a parent.

also kids mimic their parents/caregivers more than anyone else.

I don't really know if it's the same but that's besides the point. I don't really have much of an opinion on Ronda out of the cage. I relate to her because I have a history suicide in my family and have dealt with that my whole life. I think she comes across as extremely abrasive at times but she is a legit badass female and I respect that. Ishihara, I don't know anything about him.
I just remember your opinion on the Ishihara thread about you not thinking it was in good taste his use of the word but are in this thread defending Ronda when she coined and popularized that "Do Nothing Bitches" as a catchphrase and got it trending which is more harmful than a foreign prelim fighter using it in an interview. I think that is a bit of a double standard to be honest.

I just remember your opinion on the Ishihara thread about you not thinking it was in good taste his use of the word but are in this thread defending Ronda when she coined and popularized that "Do Nothing Bitches" as a catchphrase and got it trending. I think that is a bit of a double standard to be honest.
That's a fair point. I have said multiple times that I don't dislike Ishihara I just find his use of that word gross and offensive. That doesn't make me hate him wholly and judge him unworthy of sympathy for anything going forward. People are flawed, and you can't ever just write them off for one thing that upsets you. If he were in a situation like Ronda now I'd be defending him while still finding his use of that word wrong.

As for Ronda using DNB I too find it to be less than admirable. Of course, there is a double standard. Women using the word bitch is far less offensive or harmful in my eyes. I know that upsets a lot of people but that's how I personally feel. Again though I don't support it or defend it. I am defending her in a separate way here, for a separate thing.

if ronda rousey is your kids hero youve failed as a parent.

Parents don't get to decide who kids choose as their hero, they can merely make suggestions.

Did you parents approve of everything you liked? Everyone you looked up to? I doubt it.

And anyway, she was a positive role model in a lot of ways, yes her attitude wasn't always great but showing that girls can be successful as athletes and not have to be "do nothing bitches" etc was a strong and healthy message.

That's a fair point. I have said multiple times that I don't dislike Ishihara I just find his use of that word gross and offensive. That doesn't make me hate him wholly and judge him unworthy of sympathy for anything going forward. People are flawed, and you can't ever just write them off for one thing that upsets you. If he were in a situation like Ronda now I'd be defending him while still finding his use of that word wrong.

As for Ronda using DNB I too find it to be less than admirable. Of course, there is a double standard. Women using the word bitch is far less offensive or harmful in my eyes. I know that upsets a lot of people but that's how I personally feel. Again though I don't support it or defend it. I am defending her in a separate way here, for a separate thing.
Right, and this is part of the reason why there are gender inequalities and why you'll see less sympathy for some issues you feel strongly about. Having that double standard is intellectually dishonest.

I just remember your opinion on the Ishihara thread about you not thinking it was in good taste his use of the word but are in this thread defending Ronda when she coined and popularized that "Do Nothing Bitches" as a catchphrase and got it trending which is more harmful than a foreign prelim fighter using it in an interview. I think that is a bit of a double standard to be honest.
women shouldn't be do nothing bitches though. they should create and achieve things in life. no matter what kind of person you are, you shouldn't be a waste of space. some people misinterpret that kind of stuff and start criticizing houseviwes who are actually making a difference in the world by growing their kids right. but it's still good advice.

giphy.gif

Right, and this is part of the reason why there are gender inequalities and why you'll see less sympathy for some issues you feel strongly about. Having that double standard is intellectually dishonest.
It can be intellectually dishonest in your eyes but that's how it goes. To say that's part of the reason for gender inequalities is strange. I just said I don't support her use of the word and you ignored every other part of my post.

women shouldn't be do nothing bitches though. they should create and achieve things in life. no matter what kind of person you are, you shouldn't be a waste of space. some people misinterpret that kind of stuff and start criticizing houseviwes who are actually making a difference in the world by growing their kids right. but it's still good advice.
I'm fine with both saying it. I don't see a point in giving power to words so I was merely responding to her position on it.

It can be intellectually dishonest in your eyes but that's how it goes. To say that's part of the reason for gender inequalities is strange. I just said I don't support her use of the word and you ignored every other part of my post.

Right, and to me I stop caring about an intellectual discussion where intellectual dishonesty is present. Best of luck the rest of this thread.

I'm fine with both saying it. I don't see a point in giving power to words so I was merely responding to her position on it.

Right, and to me I stop caring about an intellectual discussion where intellectual dishonesty is present. Best of luck the rest of this thread.
It seems almost like you went out of your way to put me into some weird trap. I admit that I am flawed. If you think you have no intellectual dishonesty, or however you want to phrase it, you're lying to yourself. Oppressors don't get to turn around and act oppressed, that's generally how the world works. Do you think a black person saying the n word is the same as a white person, and etc? It's just a rabbit hole and yeah we disagree so moving on.

I don't see any issue with bitchihara calling a bitch a bitch. I don't think it's positive but it's definitely not negative. Ronda's example is positive IMO. she is a bad example in other stuff, but girls should definitely look up to someone who sets her mind to goals and achieves them. society has too many lazy, dumb people as it is.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back