For those who say GSP is too old to fight Khabib: What did you think about Jones VS Cormier?

You don’t remember because you didn’t watch MMA or frequent these forums back then. It was discussed ad nauseam on here. DC started his MMA career late. His run, especially at HW, has benefited from fighting guys who were mostly shopworn in Barnett, Nelson, Mir etc.

Not only that, but you’re comparing an active fighter to a guy who’s fought one time in 7 years, who’ll be 40 in a division lighter than he’s ever competed. This thread isn’t worth further explanation.
Wrong, fool. The narrative after DC lost was either that Jones was too good or he was a dirty PED cheat, no one gave a shit whether or not DC was too old for that fight
DC also fought Jones in the twilight of his career, stop pretending as he didn't have any milage on him.

As for GSP's in activity, everyone around him say he trains everyday and in great shape, he did come back and win a title after a period of inactivity too, and his fanboys never seem to shut up about this feat... But now that he is potentially facing a real threat they're pretending his inactivity will cripple him.

Wrong, fool. The narrative after DC lost was either that Jones was too good or he was a dirty PED cheat, no one gave a shit whether or not DC was too old for that fight
DC also fought Jones in the twilight of his career, stop pretending as he didn't have any milage on him.

As for GSP's in activity, everyone around him say he trains everyday and in great shape, he did come back and win a title after a period of inactivity too, and his fanboys never seem to shut up about this feat... But now that he is potentially facing a real threat they're pretending his inactivity will cripple him.
He’s fought once in 7 years. Stop.

Cormier’s age was discussed.

Cormier didn’t have a lot of mileage, he had like what, maybe 12-15 fights ? Nothing beats Father Time though.

This should not be the issue.

He just vacated a MW belt to bully a 155er?
How is that acceptable?

Daniel Cormier was 35 when he first fought Jones. Tell the truth. If you don’t remember the topics of discussion around age following the rematch, again, it’s because you weren’t on here. His age has been discussed extensively.

Daniel Cormier was 35 when he first fought Jones. Tell the truth. If you don’t remember the topics of discussion around age following the rematch, again, it’s because you weren’t on here. His age has been discussed extensively.
I'm talking about the last time they fought, stop being willfully obtuse.

Just because you made a thread about his age, doesn't mean it was wildly discussed. I've been there and his age wasn't a topic that dominated discussions. Certainly not to the extent GSP fans are doing these days. There is not a single GSP VS Khabib thread without them saying he is too frail and brittle to come back.

I'm talking about the last time they fought, stop being willfully obtuse.

Just because you made a thread about his age, doesn't mean it was wildly discussed. I've been there and his age wasn't a topic that dominated discussions. Certainly not to the extent GSP fans are doing these days. There is not a single GSP VS Khabib thread without them saying he is too frail and brittle to come back.
Willfully obtuse? It’s been clearly explained why GSP’s age has been more prevalent. You’re being dense and willing to die on your hill. Fine by me.

Oh, one of those longtime lurkers. Got it.

with age you lose speed but gain strenght. The only weight class i can see it work is in HW. DC started late and is a HW. Its apples and pears.

Its alot different actually.

DC started his career late,and overachieved early and kept right on truckin.

GSP already has had his long career at elite level and since 2013 has had one fight,on top of his age.

This, obviously. It's pretty obvious TS has no clue what he's talking about when it comes to mma or is just trying to stir the pot. Probably both.

Actually very embarassing when you realize Jones would have lost to a 40 year old man unless he came in with test 50x higher than the average male

Well that was debunked quick..

Reactions: HHJ
This should not be the issue.

He just vacated a MW belt to bully a 155er?
How is that acceptable?
Way to fast forward bud.
He won the title to add to his monolithic accomplishments collections in his palatial estate in northern Quebec (great fishin in Quebec) and then after a month decided it was too boring to defend it against the no names and bores currently occupying the div and promptly vacating it.

--- Radio Silence--

Khabib conquers Conor,besmirches him and his team singlehandedly,and bans Conor from the division.

GSP finally sees a worthy challenge,and is roused from the velvety plushness of his expensive silken sheets,and is anointed in the finest oils by his handmaidens before telling his agent to send Dana White a message.

Why are GSP fans scared shitless?
Pretty sure you are making up your own narrative. I don't believe any GSP fans believe he is too old. The people I have seen dismissing the potential match up between GSP and Khabib seem to be fans of Khabib. Saying Khabib would kill GSP as he is too old. I don't imagine any GSP fans declaring anyone kills GSP.

Khabib: 31
GSP: 39

8 years difference

Jones: 30
Cormier: 38

8 year difference

I don't remember any DC fans making preemptive excuses that DC is too old.

Why are GSP fans scared shitless?

A lot of us said DC is too old. We also said it for Anderson when he got close to 40. And Fedor. And Muhammad Ali. And Roy Jones Jr. Anyone who doesn't think 40 is old for a contact sport hasn't been paying attention. It can work a bit in a team sport, where younger guys can do a lot of the grunt work, but in individual sports its way-over-the-hill territory. If you seriously think GSP at 40 is still as good as ever (and with one fight in six years so lots of ring rust and loss of conditioning), then you're very naive.

Jones is roughly 15 times better than Khabib
Holy shit its a post where this guy ISNT gorfing down Conors man chowder,like the cure for his AIDS is contained therein

Back