Who even wants to see Jones vs Miocic? Who is Dana talking about?

I guess mainstream fans are more likely to tune in when they see those two names paired up

Not sure about that. Seems like when I get a news notification on YouTube about this fight, a lot commenters are starting to point out Jones ducking Pav/Aspinall.

I just saw an espn notification on YT about Stipe saying he never got the offer to fight Pav. Either him or Dana is lying. The comments have been hilarious.

imagine if Pav/Aspinall wins in impressive fashion and everyone is impressed by it. We’ll be hearing “Jon should fight this guy” for 8 months and it would make Jones/Stipe less appetizing.

No one. Stipe vs a cheating can who ducks everyone isn't that interesting.

Enjoy the actual fights tonight.

tyson-fury-vs-francis-ngannou-promo_o7bpfxgm3xsb1118lufd0bpoq.png

Unfortunately true.

Casuals often lag significantly behind the current events of the UFC.

I recall people who didn't follow the sport closely thinking Chuck Liddell and Brock were champs several years after each had lost their title.
We're about to enter the post-USADA era. I'd rather see Jones fight a juiced to the gills Lesnar than Stipe.

brock-lesnar-ufc.gif

HW GOAT vs ALL TIME GOAT

That fight sells itself. Whether or not the GOAT part is true doesn't matter when you are promoting it to your average Joe.

Not hard to understand what is going on here...

As a somewhat casual boxing and kickboxing fan I wouldn't be interested in seeing a dude I've never heard of fight because the promoter calls him the GOAT. Stipe is a no name.

Dana is a promoter. He lies all the time.

And this is the only fight either guy will take so what do you want him to do? Say it's garbage but we will make it anyway? It's a fight that sells.

This.

It’s the only fight he can make with these guys. End of story.

Do really need another stupid thread like this, repeating the same complaints? Who even wants to read this spam?

Unfortunately true.

Casuals often lag significantly behind the current events of the UFC.

I recall people who didn't follow the sport closely thinking Chuck Liddell and Brock were champs several years after each had lost their title.
When you're in the know.like.we.are, it's crazy to think that people actually thought that. As far as Stipe and Jones goes, I don't care to watch the "goat" fight and old man when there's real killer out there.

There was a time when Jones v Stipe would have been real legit, both from a competition standpoint and legacy.

I think we've gone past that point. Despite what they've said, I really don't think Jones or Stipe are interested in fighting huge guys in their late 20s like Aspinall or Pav.

HW GOAT vs ALL TIME GOAT

That fight sells itself. Whether or not the GOAT part is true doesn't matter when you are promoting it to your average Joe.

I'm not sure about that. Stipe was not a draw on his own and he has been absent for 3 years. If the winner of Pav vs Aspinall wins impressively and has the interim title I'm not sold that Stipe would be a bigger fight.

HW GOAT vs ALL TIME GOAT

Only if you believe that narrative.

Casuals know about Stipe, and unfortunately not so much about Pavlovich. There's the answer.
Dana should go full heel and market the fight with straight up jingoism.

Jones = drape that guy in an American flag, have him surrounded by his NFL brothers, and an eagle in his shoulder.

Pavlovich = Russian, was a member of the Russian military, superimpose a photo of Putin shaking his hand.

Have the fight in DC. It will sell

Jones vs Aspinall (once he wins UFC 295 ) at Wembley UK in May 2024

I don't want to see it. Don't want to see either one of them come back. Both have been boring for years.
It just became news this was off about 10 minutes ago, this crap popped up in feed.

They aren't too far beyond prime that I'm disinterested.
Maybe a year from now it would be... oh wait~ :p

Ufc panders to the casuals. That’s where the money is. Name value trumps all.

Everyone i know much rather see Jones face a real contender in a guy like Aspinall then a poor 42yr old man that got KO'ed in his last fight and hasn't fought for over 2 years.

So who is Dana talking about when he says everyone wants to see this fight?

Of course fans will watch it, i mean, we even watch Jessica Eye if she's on the card and we rather watch Jones vs Miocic then no Jones at at all, but i haven't seen one single person who wouldn't rather see Jones face someone who could potentially make it a fight than this gimmick fight vs a broken grandpa. If Jones had fans i'd say his fans because they know its an easy win, but the mma community from what i've seen think it's a joke fight...

No ones knows who Aspinall is. No one.
No ones knows who Pavinsky is. No one.

Stipe is the biggest name in HW outside of Jones and was ranked #2 when Jones became champ.

Theyre going to pit Jones against Fox-for-free fighters who've never been on PPV??

Look what people say about Gane after Jones choked him out. He went from Jones-killer to a can within minutes of the fight. Imagine what theyll say about Aspirnal

If you dont understand the basic logic of the fight. Look how many threads there are about Jones vs Stipe here to answer your own question.

- He's talking about the same people that wanted to see Charles vs Beneil so Beneil could be eliminated from contention
- He's talking about the same people that wanted to see Khamzat vs Nate so Nate could be released on a loss

Those "people" are him and TKO owners. It is the oldest rhetorical trick in the book: attribute your desires to "people" in order to justify them.

So yes, those "people" want HW to be put on hold forever so they can claim the result of a fight featuring a 40-something retired guy off a non-competitive KO loss where he looked terrible and who hasn't competed in the 3 years somehow determines their next 2 years of promotional bullshit regarding "HW GOAT" and "GOAT".

Casuals know about Stipe, and unfortunately not so much about Pavlovich. There's the answer.
Apparently casuals don't know about Stipe, based on the Thread Starting Turd who thinks Stipe is garbage somehow. Because he lost a fight against an all time knockout artist, after winning in a trilogy between all time greats? Sheesh, kids are dumb.

Anybody that wanted to see the cheating lowlife Jones get KTFO wanted to see it. And that’s what would have happened.

Back