For people who complained about T-Woods title shot, why weren't u complaining about Carlos Condit's?

Carlos Condit lost to Tyron Woodley march 2014. He was injured in that fight and out almost a year as his next fight would be against Thiago Alves May 2015. Carlos would beat Thiago Alves and with that one win over Thiago, Carlos Condit got a title shot against Lawler. I repeat, Carlos Condit got a title shot against Lawler for a win over Thiago Alves. I'm just curious why there weren't any complaints about Carlos Condit's title shot, his was way more undeserved than Woodley's.

& if it is about what fighters deserve the title shot, for those of you who are campaigning for Wonderboy's deserved title shot (Which I can agree with), where were you guys when the unpopular LHW Ryan Bader had a 5 fight LHW win streak over (Perrosh, Calvacante, OSP, Davis, Evans)?

Carlos also "lost" that fight against Robbie. He outlanded Robbie 176 to 92. Only round I thought for Robbie was 2. Was a clear 49-46 for Carlos in my book.

Carlos Condit lost to Tyron Woodley march 2014. He was injured in that fight and out almost a year as his next fight would be against Thiago Alves May 2015. Carlos would beat Thiago Alves and with that one win over Thiago, Carlos Condit got a title shot against Lawler. I repeat, Carlos Condit got a title shot against Lawler for a win over Thiago Alves. I'm just curious why there weren't any complaints about Carlos Condit's title shot, his was way more undeserved than Woodley's.

& if it is about what fighters deserve the title shot, for those of you who are campaigning for Wonderboy's deserved title shot (Which I can agree with), where were you guys when the unpopular LHW Ryan Bader had a 5 fight LHW win streak over (Perrosh, Calvacante, OSP, Davis, Evans)?

Just trying to remember but didn't Condit decimate Alves vs Woodley SDing an out of shape Gastelum?

I don't care about either title shot.

I don't even remember why Condit got it? I think the reason was, they weren't any other top fighters available the time of the fight.

If there was some other GSP-esque guy tearing up the division & he got looked over for Condit, than people would be pissed...I just don't think that guy existed at the time.

Rory, Hendricks & Robbie would have been re-rematches. Woodley was on the sidelines, Lombard & Diaz had suspensions. Is someone else?

I do feel like there is some Social Justice imbued into the thread. But in the end, Woodley *did* got the shot. So even that doesn't make sense. Is it over Woodley's civil right to duck Wonderbread?
Condit got the shot for the same reason as Dan Henderson and Gustafsson. A few more ppv buys or increase in ratings. By that I mean money, the finger thing means the money.

Because Condit had proven his skill level against the elite while Woodley lost to the elite. His one win over a top 5 guy came via injury. Gus had proven it too. Bader hadn't. Wonderboy has. So you get a sense of what will be a better fight.

Whos arguing that he lost that fight lol ? He was banging Gastelum like a drum lol. Some of you guys speak on biasness instead of actually watching these fights lol. Aint nobody on earth arguing that Gastelum won that fight lol.
You bet, I watched it. Woodley beat him so bad he got a split-decision. So, yeah, plenty of people on earth are arguing that Kelvin won.

I didn't like the Condit title shot. But there's a few reasons why it's superior to the Woodley shot.

1. There weren't any good alternative options. Wonderboy and Maia emerged as those good alternatives, but were passed over for Woodley.

2. The Lawler/Condit fight was made because it was the most fun fight possible in a time where there were no contenders. Predictably, it produced a FOTY contender. Woodley's been in some grindey fights.

3. Condit's claim was barely worse than Tyron's if at all. Condit had a more recent win, which was more decisive, and in an exciting fight. I'm of course comparing the Alves fight to the Gastelum fight.

4. If we're going back to Woodley's win over Condit, we have to compare it to other fights from around that time. Condit's loss was a fluke. Woodley's loss to Rory was decisive and dominant. Condit has never lost like that.

Also remember that it was originally supposed to happen earlier, in November in Melbourne. That information is relevant to some of points above.

How the the fuck is Woodley blasting Condit's leg with savage kicks (which I remember people talking about in the play by play) until it gave in a fluke?

If Condit was the one who kicked Woodley in the leg until it gave out, everyone would be praising his vicious leg kicks.

That's like saying Woodley only KOed Lawler because he got a concussion.

You bet, I watched it. Woodley beat him so bad he got a split-decision. So, yeah, plenty of people on earth are arguing that Kelvin won.
Yeah cause if you get a split decision that means the other guy wons lol. Noone is arguing that Kelvin is expect some salty Woodley haters like you. Noone was arguing the result of the fight.

Carlos Condit shouldnt have got a title shot when he did either.

But in fairness, Condit has already proven to be one of the 6 or 7 best welterweights in history.

Woodley had proved nothing by comparison. Very flakey career.

Sherdog is populated with hypocrites, just accept it TS.

Yeah cause if you get a split decision that means the other guy wons lol. Noone is arguing that Kelvin is expect some salty Woodley haters like you. Noone was arguing the result of the fight.
I, and several others, were. Not to mention, one of the official judges thought so, too. Therefore, it was not a clear beating, as you suggested. Do you follow?

it's the internet. People only bitch and complain when it's about somebody they don't like. And then logic or consistency goes out the window.

I, and several others, were. Not to mention, one of the official judges thought so, too. Therefore, it was not a clear beating, as you suggested. Do you follow?
Noone but Woodley haters that started hating him recently are saying this. I havent seen anyone say Gastelum won that fight. Just because a fight ends in a split doesnt mean its a controversial decision lol. Maybe you should go and watch the fight instead of basing your opinion on the fact that the fight ended in a splt decision.

Condit's title shot wasn'td erserved by any means much worse than Woodley's

Because Condit would have beaten Woodley were it not for that freak injury

Did you watch that fight ? he beat the fuck out of Gastelum.
He landed like a total of 25 strikes the whole fight out of 100 and something thrown. I remember thinking tyron won two of three but that is not beating the fuck out of someone.

Noone but Woodley haters that started hating him recently are saying this. I havent seen anyone say Gastelum won that fight. Just because a fight ends in a split doesnt mean its a controversial decision lol. Maybe you should go and watch the fight instead of basing your opinion on the fact that the fight ended in a splt decision.
I watched the fight and thought Gastelum won it. You said that no-one agrees with me, but I told you that there are others, who do, including one of the official judges.

Either you're just trolling, or you're having some sort of difficulty understanding what I'm saying.

People who are mad about Woodley winning the strap have only the UFC and Conor to blame.

Remember, the UFC had plans for Conor to fight Lawler for the WW belt at UFC 200 had Conor beaten Nate at 170 at UFC 196. Those plans were probably still in the works if Conor beat Nate next weekend. The UFC wanted to give Lawler a defense prior to the potential Conor scrap at MSG, so they gave him a "safer" opponent in Woodley. Lawler, seeing a red panty night payday with Conor, might have also wanted Woodley himself. The rest is history.

Back