For people who complained about T-Woods title shot, why weren't u complaining about Carlos Condit's?

Condit has way more fans than Woodley does. Condit's a truly epic fighter and puts on the performance of his life in every single fight. I am not at all shocked that the more entertaining fighter with more fans will have less complaints than the less entertaining one with less fans. Woodley will have even less fans now when he's basically admitting he's ducking Wonderboy.

I agree with everything you said about NBK. But then again, you'd think a guy who just KO'd Robbie Lawler would have earned some fans.

& Woodley would rather fight the greatest WW of all time (GSP) for a bigger paycheck than fight another dangerous WW with less pay and recognition. I didn't know choosing GSP over Wonderboy was a step down in competition.

Wow... You're not giving Woodley any credit whatsoever. I've never heard the fighter lost because he wanted bonus money excuse. You really aren't worth having this discussion with man.
So you don't agree that Kim changed his style after getting the spinning back fist? Still a good fighter but he was best at grinding and smothering and tried to turn into a striker after getting that KO. I never said it was bad win but it was KIm at his worst. Never said Kim lost because of this but if he used his normal smothering game he would have had a better chance.

Pretty sure many said Condit's shot wasn't really deserved when it was first announced, by the time the fight arrived people were just excited about the fight.

Competing Bader's wins to what Wonderboy has done is laughable.

Woodley won a mediocre decision over a dude who had about as bad of weight cut as you could have, lost to Rory before that in a very uninspiring performance. Very weak resume.
Just starched and pressed the now former champion and holds the belt.

He arguably lost that fight. Did YOU watch that fight?
Whos arguing that he lost that fight lol ? He was banging Gastelum like a drum lol. Some of you guys speak on biasness instead of actually watching these fights lol. Aint nobody on earth arguing that Gastelum won that fight lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with everything you said about NBK. But then again, you'd think a guy who just KO'd Robbie Lawler would have earned some fans.

& Woodley would rather fight the greatest WW of all time (GSP) for a bigger paycheck than fight another dangerous WW with less pay and recognition. I didn't know choosing GSP over Wonderboy was a step down in competition.
When's the last time GSP fought? Are you saying he's more deserving than Wonderboy at the moment even though Wonderboy's been earning his way to the #1 spot very convincingly while GSP's been gone all this time? I'm all for GSP coming back, I think he's the UFC GOAT, but it doesn't even seem like GSP was ready for this anyway. One day he's talking about his comeback and the next there's still discussion to be had. The whole thing has been confusing tbh. Wonderboy deserves it.

I guess you missed the part where I said he lost the Gastelum fight. Also Condit ahnilated Stun Bum.

See, the difference here is that you're basing your opinion on emotion, and he's basing his on fact. No matter what way you slice it, Tyron beat Stun Gun and Gastelum, two fighters who at the time and even currently are ranked higher than Thiago Alves. Two top ten fighters, at the moment, even.

Better to be hated then ignored. T-Wood has a great chance to be a hill. If he knocks out Wonderboy then taunts the crowd ...pandemonium. If Wonderboy knocks out T-Wood then he will be loved like Holly. the 1 constant is that the loser will get p!ssed on. No pressure.

Because we are all Equinsu Ocha.

Here's one example if you really need it:
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/why-is-condit-deserving-of-a-title-fight.3138139/

Woodley deserved his shot more than Condit, but he got it at a time when there were even more deserving contenders.

That doesn't matter because he won it without any controversy.

Anyway, I'm hoping the Wonderboy fight happens, and that Woodley's just playing the heel. Acting like he's a superstar is creating buzz, even if he's not one yet.

I don't even remember why Condit got it? I think the reason was, they weren't any other top fighters available the time of the fight.

If there was some other GSP-esque guy tearing up the division & he got looked over for Condit, than people would be pissed...I just don't think that guy existed at the time.

Rory, Hendricks & Robbie would have been re-rematches. Woodley was on the sidelines, Lombard & Diaz had suspensions. Is someone else?

I do feel like there is some Social Justice imbued into the thread. But in the end, Woodley *did* got the shot. So even that doesn't make sense. Is it over Woodley's civil right to duck Wonderbread?

Woodley will almost certainly face Wonderboy if he stays the champ long enough. What's deserved or makes sense doesn't seem to matter in the UFC currently. You've got Connor fighting Diaz at 170 when he should be defending the 145 belt, then we've got Bisping vs Hendo coming up.

For the sake of the title, I never complained about Tyron nor Condit's title shots.

There was complaining. Don't act like there wasn't just because you're grasping at straws for your dumb agenda-fueled SJW thread.

To me Wonderboy was the #1 contender after the Ellenberger fight. No way Condit should have got the title shot after him.

Carlos Condit lost to Tyron Woodley march 2014. He was injured in that fight and out almost a year as his next fight would be against Thiago Alves May 2015. Carlos would beat Thiago Alves and with that one win over Thiago, Carlos Condit got a title shot against Lawler. I repeat, Carlos Condit got a title shot against Lawler for a win over Thiago Alves. I'm just curious why there weren't any complaints about Carlos Condit's title shot, his was way more undeserved than Woodley's.

& if it is about what fighters deserve the title shot, for those of you who are campaigning for Wonderboy's deserved title shot (Which I can agree with), where were you guys when the unpopular LHW Ryan Bader had a 5 fight LHW win streak over (Perrosh, Calvacante, OSP, Davis, Evans)?

Carlos is a long-time and well established WW fighter who went 5 rounds with the WW GOAT. He proved that he was still Carlos Condit against Alves and that was enough. Woodley does not have anywhere near the resume that condit does. Not comparable.

A lot of people did complain about Condits title shot you mook. Like, a fuckload.

Let's be honest if we had a 5rd Condit vs Woodley right now I would bet on Condit all day.

Carlos is a long-time and well established WW fighter who went 5 rounds with the WW GOAT. He proved that he was still Carlos Condit against Alves and that was enough. Woodley does not have anywhere near the resume that condit does. Not comparable.

Many fighters have went 5 rounds with GSP. Literally 8 out of 9 of GSP's last opponents went the distance with him, including Dan Hardy. Many of them are WW vets too. That doesn't mean they deserve a title shot. Condit's overall resume doesn't matter in terms of title shots, its all about what have you done lately. Carlos Condit got a title shot basically for one win over today's Alves. Undeserved, like many UFC title shots as they rarely go to who deserves the shot.

Woodley's resume is starting to look pretty good. He has a win over Condit in 2 rounds and Lawler in 1.

Back