Floyd Mayweather Jr. retires?

Anyway... Whatever. Best of luck to him. Got to respect anyone who has been in boxing for that long and got to respect each and every time he gets into the ring.

But... Let's talk about Oscar. They said they are going to make an announcement next week as to who's Oscar opponent going to be in the fall. Guess?

Gawd, I hope he says the winner of Cotto and Margarito. Like him or not, De la hoya has rarely ducked anyone.

Anyway... Whatever. Best of luck to him. Got to respect anyone who has been in boxing for that long and got to respect each and every time he gets into the ring.

But... Let's talk about Oscar. They said they are going to make an announcement next week as to who's Oscar opponent going to be in the fall. Guess?

Floyd Joy Sinclair :icon_twis

At least we dont have to see De la Hoya get out boxed for 12 rounds again. I still think he'll come back for the winner of Cotto/Marg, wasnt he due for a mandatory sometime soon? I think this was to either get more money off Oscar or avoid fighting a mandatory.

If he doesnt come back I think hes a first ballot HOF'er, but he is lacking in the ATG status. Its a shame, hes almost a coulda been, shoulda been with all his talent.

Screw him. Anyways who ever takes a boxers retirement seriously. Probably holding out for more money. THats the problem with Mayweather he only boxes for the $ and always lets you know that.

No, screw you, your venom is unfairly directed. Maybe some day in the future, you can look back and appreciate one of the top 25 boxers of all-time. Until then, stick to guys wearing little gloves rolling around on a mat.

No, screw you, your venom is unfairly directed. Maybe some day in the future, you can look back and appreciate one of the top 25 boxers of all-time. Until then, stick to guys wearing little gloves rolling around on a mat.

Hate to say it, but I think he has a valid point.

I would be the same way, but Mayweather is a business man first, and warrior second.

As he says, "if it makes dollars, it makes sense" to justify a match against Gatti while loudly proclaiming to be the best ever.

But I do agree with you that is a tad not proper to appreciate his ability. He had an abundance. Top 25 boxer of all time................................................................................ subject for a lot of debate. :icon_chee

He will be back, he is just doing it so he can have a big "come back fight". More marketing.

Floyd hasn't even cleaned out half his division.

Oscar on the other hand, even though he is over the hill, never ducks anyone, and is a true warrior.

Hopefully he fights Cotto if Cotto gets the win.

I would be the same way, but Mayweather is a business man first, and warrior second.

As he says, "if it makes dollars, it makes sense" to justify a match against Gatti while loudly proclaiming to be the best ever.

But I do agree with you that is a tad not proper to appreciate his ability. He had an abundance. Top 25 boxer of all time.................................... ........................................ .... subject for a lot of debate.

We should be thanking Floyd actually, because Cotto/Margarito is the result of his "businessman" approach, and honestly that fight is DEFINITELY going to be a War, while it may not have been had he fought either.

If the man doesn't have passion, he doesn't have passion. I don't agree with his walking away right now, and think he's crazy for it. But then again I haven't been Boxing competitively since I was fuckin' 6 years old either. 26 years? Yeah, I could see not feeling it anymore. Honestly there were moments in the Hatton fight when he looked bored out of his mind between rounds.

If he wants to walk away, WW is fine without him. So is DLH, and everyone else.

I wouldn't even call it a consequence. More of a circumstance. And one I won't complain about.

good riddance.

Could have been the best p4p ever IMO.

I thought his best night was vs Chico

He's got his wits, smile and millions. If you're gonna walk away though. Stay away. Don't come back later when your skills have eroded and you'll be forced to take punishment and then possibly be punch drunk after.

Just enjoy the good life after fighting for two decades and a half.

We should be thanking Floyd actually, because Cotto/Margarito is the result of his "businessman" approach, and honestly that fight is DEFINITELY going to be a War, while it may not have been had he fought either.

If the man doesn't have passion, he doesn't have passion. I don't agree with his walking away right now, and think he's crazy for it. But then again I haven't been Boxing competitively since I was fuckin' 6 years old either. 26 years? Yeah, I could see not feeling it anymore. Honestly there were moments in the Hatton fight when he looked bored out of his mind between rounds.

If he wants to walk away, WW is fine without him. So is DLH, and everyone else.

All true, but do you really doubt that in 6 months or a year he won't have the itch to fight again? Not to mention collect a 15 million dollar payday. I am about 99% sure we will see Floyd in the ring again before the end of 2009, and wouldn't be shocked to see him again before the end of this year.

Dana white has big news, then Floyd retires from boxing? hummm.
rolleyes.gif

illumnghotti.jpg

Good for him.

This is his career, not ours.

There is always going to be that one last fight he needs to solidify himself in peoples eyes.

Though he will have a rather weak resume when its all said and done, he still is an all time great.

Come on though, this is not the last we see of Mayweather.

Come on though, this is not the last we see of Mayweather.

oh, no doubt.

and like others have said, if this stops the bullshit that is second oscar fight and especially a second hatton fight, then hell yea. Both of those fights would have been over hyped let downs.

Back