Floyd Mayweather Jr. retires?

I'm glad we dont have to watch any more fights with ODLH or Hatton. If he decides to have a final fight, winner of Cotto/Marg would be nice.

He'll be back. He'll need the money. Then he will get beat up like Sugar Ray Leonard. Meanwhile, DLH can go avenge Trinidad and fight Cotto.

psssh, back to wrestling where the competition is a little bit easier.

He'll be back. He'll need the money. Then he will get beat up like Sugar Ray Leonard. Meanwhile, DLH can go avenge Trinidad and fight Cotto.

He'll need the money??? Is that a joke of some sort??? LoL... And there's NO WAY Cotto will fight DLH, he'd get slaughtered...

Dana white has big news, then Floyd retires from boxing? hummm.
rolleyes.gif

A lot of people are acting like Floyd never fought anyone. He did and he beat them. All I remember hearing around the internet before his fight with De La Hoya was "De La Hoya is gonna humble him," DLH lost. "Hatton's gonna humble him," Hatton got knocked out.

So what if he didn't fight Cotto? Like someone else posted on here, if he fought and beat Cotto, he would still have to fight some other up and comer to "prove his greatness."

He gets criticized for not standing there and banging? What should he do? Get his brains beat in even if he can evade shots I guess.

Floyd is about money, fame and staying a pretty boy. He didn't lose, he has stacks of cash and he still has all his teeth. Plus like it or not, he retired as the pound for pound best. Most hate him for it. I just call him smart.

But he'll probably be back, money talks. And boxing needs big ticket draws like DLH vs Floyd. I also could see him staying gone. To me, he always seemed like he wanted something else besides boxing, but he was good at it and was making cash. Kinda like boxing chose him but he didn't necessarily choose boxing growing up.

I'm glad for Mayweather. Nothing left to prove.

One of the best ever. It's time to go. Oscar can't say the same things.

I know most of us just think it's a ploy to sell tickets... but if Floyd really retires, does anyone think he's First Ballet hall of famer?

I know most of us just think it's a ploy to sell tickets... but if Floyd really retires, does anyone think he's First Ballet hall of famer?

Yes. He's first ballot.. but he's not as great as he could have potentially been when it's all said and done. He'll be more famous for his talk than his walk and that will be noted when his career is retold to future generations of boxing fans.

Except for Cav's grand children.. theyre going to hear how Mayweather could have dominated from 130-hvyweight all at the same time with one hand behind his back wearing a mink coat.

When will be the right time for Floyd to retire?

There is always going to be someone out there that fans want him to fight. If he took the Cotto fight and won, people would say that Hatton looks better than ever and really deserved the rematch or that some other WW has been really impressive and deserves a shot.

Thats not true this time, and you know it. Cotto is head and shoulders above the rest if he beats Margarito, and it would take at least a year or so for someone else to come close to that.
Floyd could fight and beat the winner of Cotto Margarito and step away with grace.
Instead hes gonna run and hide. Shame on him.

Thats not true this time, and you know it. Cotto is head and shoulders above the rest if he beats Margarito, and it would take at least a year or so for someone else to come close to that.
Floyd could fight and beat the winner of Cotto Margarito and step away with grace.
Instead hes gonna run and hide. Shame on him.

Well, I think MArgarito will beat Cotto.

Theres always been guys people wanted Floyd to fight instead of who he was. Tszyu, Mosley, Margarito...

Cotto beating Marg is > Floyd beating DLH or Hatton.

I dont think Cotto will beat Marg, but the winner of that fight would have been foaming at the mouth to get to PBF. I think PBF knows its going to be Marg, and he's too chicken shit to risk his 0 for the greatness he claims to desire.

Floyd's just running away from the talented WW division. Once Cotto makes a name for himself by cleaning out the division... he'll lure Floyd back.

MMA forum is saying Dana Whites big announcement is Floyd Mayweather.

Cotto beating Marg is > Floyd beating DLH or Hatton.

I dont think Cotto will beat Marg, but the winner of that fight would have been foaming at the mouth to get to PBF. I think PBF knows its going to be Marg, and he's too chicken shit to risk his 0 for the greatness he claims to desire.

You are dead wrong. They are both already foaming at the mouth to fight De La Hoya.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ufc925
Back