Floyd Mayweather Jr. hopes Anderson rebounds from loss to Weidman

All of a sudden he's saying good things about mma and some fighters after he announces he wants to manage mma fighters like there isn't any ulterior motive behind these kind of comments lately.

Remind you of any other promoters?

"EA said MMA isn't a real sport, DON"T BUY THEIR FUCKING GAME IF YOU ARE A REAL MMA FAN!"

INB4 - Mayweather is such a asshole.
-I cant believe he wishes someone the best. He is so cocky he probably prayed to himself instead of god.
-As MMA fans we should all stand against this evil man.

You're an unintelligent individual.

I noticed Floyd is slowly rehabbing his image. I don't know if it's age or him wanting to be liked by a more widespread audience, but he's coming across as almost likable recently. (I know he has ulterior motives for getting involved in MMA, but other things he's said are less abrasive than the PBF I'm familiar with).

He realizes that he doesn't need to piss people off anymore to make 50 million + a fight. He's slowly dropping the role of the antagonist. Like most boxers, he'll be appreciated far more about 10 years after he retires.

This could be very good.

I don't expect him to public disparage MMA or do anything that will turn off or alienate anyone in the MMA world ever. Maybe he'll start talking the sport up, his new found love and interest in it in all kinds of mainstrem interviews he does.

The only thing thats going to be bouncing back is Anderson's head off the fucking canvas again when Papa Weidman beats that ass. Strong island baby. One.

I noticed Floyd is slowly rehabbing his image. I don't know if it's age or him wanting to be liked by a more widespread audience, but he's coming across as almost likable recently. (I know he has ulterior motives for getting involved in MMA, but other things he's said are less abrasive than the PBF I'm familiar with).

this

its fake imo

Cracks me up that he said he heard silva just had a loss.

Tells you that he doesn't know much atall about the sport.

I saw him on the Colbert Report the other day, it was not good.

image.jpg

Quick! Someone show him an Alistar Overeem Highlight! We need him to bounce back too! :cool:

Nah, this was Floyd being very slick, bringing up the 'L' and all. You have to watch the videos where Silva took it way too serious when Floyd said, in a manner of speaking, that he doesn't know who Silva is (he was making a point about dominance in boxing). Silva took it as disrespect and said so afterwards.

Part of the argument Floyd was making is that he's the greatest, most dominant boxer ever, and when someone brought up Silva, he didn't want to hear it b/c MMA is a different sport. They were trying to say that Silva is as dominant in MMA as he is in boxing, but Floyd was having none of that.

Anyway, with Silva's recent loss, this is Floyd's way of re-asserting the point he was making earlier, especially since Silva got so salty afterwards.

This is exactly right. Floyd does this all the time.

Back