Floyd Mayweather Jr. hopes Anderson rebounds from loss to Weidman

Charlie Sheen

Invisible Belt
@red
Reaction score

"I pray for him,' said Mayweather. "He's okay. I don't have nothing negative to say about the guy Anderson Silva. I've seen some highlights on him. I don't know him personally, but I've seen highlights of him fight, and hopefully he can bounce back. I heard he just took an ‘L,' so hopefully he can bounce back from that loss."

Full article & source

Nice to hear from Floyd

I noticed Floyd is slowly rehabbing his image. I don't know if it's age or him wanting to be liked by a more widespread audience, but he's coming across as almost likable recently. (I know he has ulterior motives for getting involved in MMA, but other things he's said are less abrasive than the PBF I'm familiar with).

All of a sudden he's saying good things about mma and some fighters after he announces he wants to manage mma fighters like there isn't any ulterior motive behind these kind of comments lately.

INB4 - Mayweather is such a asshole.
-I cant believe he wishes someone the best. He is so cocky he probably prayed to himself instead of god.
-As MMA fans we should all stand against this evil man.

Nah, this was Floyd being very slick, bringing up the 'L' and all. You have to watch the videos where Silva took it way too serious when Floyd said, in a manner of speaking, that he doesn't know who Silva is (he was making a point about dominance in boxing). Silva took it as disrespect and said so afterwards.

Part of the argument Floyd was making is that he's the greatest, most dominant boxer ever, and when someone brought up Silva, he didn't want to hear it b/c MMA is a different sport. They were trying to say that Silva is as dominant in MMA as he is in boxing, but Floyd was having none of that.

Anyway, with Silva's recent loss, this is Floyd's way of re-asserting the point he was making earlier, especially since Silva got so salty afterwards.

Floyd vs. Ed Soares 10 rounds for the "Anderson Silva's Manager" belt.

All of a sudden he's saying good things about mma and some fighters after he announces he wants to manage mma fighters like there isn't any ulterior motive behind these kind of comments lately.

Pretty sure the ulterior motive was to put down MMA as one of his heel tactics. Dana himself has said previously that Floyd is nothing but classy to him, saying he's doing a great job with the UFC. This is nothing recent.

How can you not love him after watching an Anderson highlight video.

But he probably never watched a single full fight. :p

didn't see this coming tbh.

Nice to read.

Back