Law Florida Restores Right To Vote For Felons

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by deadshot138, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Ice That Jaw

Ice That Jaw Red Belt

Oh yea, felons who serve their time aren't deplorables, they are upstanding citizens. Only half of the law abiding Republicans are deplorables. Lol

And yes, most felons in Florida are black and will vote for one party. After blacks, latinos make up the next largest demographic. They also vote for one party, aside from the Cuban subset. Why does that upset you?

2. andnowweknow

andnowweknow The Giant On Whose Shoulders You Stand

Why does what upset me?

Did you just try to get your tiny brain to reframe "you mad" into something not moronic?

I would imagine it only bothers you generally because you think it's some Democrat ploy to get more voters. This has been explained as a ridiculous position with logic, reasoning and objective facts repeatedly in this thread and you literally need nothing else to ditch your woeful opinion on the matter than to accept that it was a voter measure, passed 2 to 1.

Your other option is to mentally melt and suggest "fake newz"...I give you the benefit of the doubt with a 50/50 shot at the right answer .

3. Ice That Jaw

Ice That Jaw Red Belt

Bro you are truly mad. I said a joke and you are now explaining my policy stances to me. Lol

I don't give a shit if ex-cons vote, especially in a state I don't and will never plan to live in.

Drink a beer and lighten up.

4. PHATV

PHATV WHITEBELT Platinum Member

I have said this before, may be less liberal votes than they think. Possible those who continue to be felons/bums don't vote, and those who are reformed producers of society, are working and paying taxes, maybe attending church, probably lean more conservative.

<TheDonald>

irish_thug likes this.
  5. ferrisjso

ferrisjso Brown Belt

Thank god. About time. I do think the law should be tailored to create a distinction between non violent criminals most of whom shouldn't have in prison in the first place and violent ones, but hey this is better than allowing large swathes of the electorate to remain disenfranchised.

I'm not going to hide the fact I'm gleeful this can turn Florida can possibly turn Florida from a red to a purple state. Hopefully can also make Flordia dems more liberal cause some of those establishment Dems like DWS, Nelson and that guy who beat Grayson in the primary last time are the same of the shittiest Dems of the last several decades(DWS rigged yet another election that got no coverage).

It is motivated in part by us to get more voters same way Republican's treating Cubans warmly as refugees but not other groups is motivated by the way they are expected to vote. Obviously these sorts of things will have these sort of motivations, doesn't mean it's the only one.

grizzard2bid likes this.
  6. grizzard2bid

grizzard2bid Happy Camper Belt Yellow Card

I know you're being facetious, but people who did some time or at least got a taste of prison, are less likely to be democrat and more anti-government, so probably more pro-Trump, especially since he's the president who supported judicial system reform and frankly is under potential threat of indictment himself <Lmaoo>

Clippy likes this.
  7. grizzard2bid

You're kidding yourself if you think inmates who did time will come out as Democrats. Absolutely erroneous assumption.

8. grizzard2bid

Well, some end up walking out on parole conditions, other with probation terms and some have fully completed their sentence, but lost their right to own a firearm, vote, and be in the vicinity of fireworks or ammunition. Just because they walk out of prison, don't mean they're all that free.

9. ferrisjso

ferrisjso Brown Belt

Well don't really think it matters most of these guys were tag teamed by two conservatives parties to be put in prison. In the 90s being tough on soft crime was a bipartisan position. But yeah only way to find out and that's to see how they vote in the next election. I'm guessing their affiliation will depend on their one and who voted to give them the right to vote.

10. Bamboozled

Bamboozled Brown Belt

yes, the founding fathers had mother fuckers hung for this shit. Losing your right to vote is nothing.

Didn't watch because he's an unfunny hack and not someone you should be getting your political philosophy from

11. Bamboozled

Bamboozled Brown Belt

12. Makani

Makani Ain't Nobody Ever Been Free

That is one of the worst memes I've ever seen, I can't believe you reposted it. If you want a conflict of interest, you should probably enjoy that Florida has one of the highest private prison populations in the country, and also keeps setting records for inmate deaths.

13. andnowweknow

andnowweknow The Giant On Whose Shoulders You Stand

Wtf is this shit? Beer is for pussies.

"It is just the internet"

"I dont care"

Brochacho, fight me irl, dont start no shit wont be no shit.

[​IMG]

14. Kaybee

Kaybee C’est La Vie

Like I said when this first passed, there’s no guarantee that this results in a blue tide in Florida because hoodrats are never dependable voters and white trash typically are. Even if potential blue voters are jailed more frequently than potential red voters the ratio of people who end up actually voting being jailed may end up being pretty purple.

Both groups typically like their weed though, so at least that’ll help in regards to that in 2020
    <GinJuice>

15. jefferz

jefferz Gold Belt Platinum Member

If Alcee Hastings can be a congressman, Florida felons should get the right to vote.

In 1988, the Democratic-controlled United States House of Representatives took up the case, and Hastings was impeached for bribery and perjury by a vote of 413–3. He was then convicted on October 20, 1989, by the United States Senate, becoming the sixth federal judge in the history of the United States to be removed from office by the Senate.
    Hastings was elected to the United States House of Representatives in 1992, representing Florida's 23rd district. He has not faced a serious challenge for reelection since. After redistricting, Hastings has represented Florida's 20th district since January 2013

16. MrWallace

MrWallace [Coeur noir]

A moral one generally- If you aren't able to follow the law, then you shouldn't have a say in crafting it.

Most ex-cons can go through clemency procedures and have their civil rights restored (few do because the process is lengthy)

Bamboozled likes this.
  17. Bamboozled

Bamboozled Brown Belt

Good, fuck em.

I'm all for rehabilitation but I don't give a shit about their right to vote.

Agreed, shouldn't be able to be a political figure

18. dreden1982

dreden1982 White Belt

That's absolutely absurd. If I got a felony for selling weed weed or any other non violent felony when in college for example I shouldn't be able to vote for the rest of my life? Asinine.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
  19. dreden1982

dreden1982 White Belt

This is laughably stupid. One can make a mistake at 18 and yet you think this applies for the rest of their lives? You're a lunatic.

20. MrWallace

MrWallace [Coeur noir]

I don't think you understand the topic, or read op