Florida Gov drafts bill to legally shoot suspected looters

A lot of "well they deserve it" comments. Nobody on the right here sees the risk this brings? How do you prove you shot someone because you "suspected" he was a looter? What's the criteria?
Have you noticed the main demographic of your Trump supporter?
These are the same guys screaming injustice when there's calls for a fact checking thing or whatever. But not a peep when it's about shooting people on sight, not in self defense but because you "suspect" they're looters?

Isn't Florida full of swamp trash? Can they be trusted to make a clear distinction between looters and non looters?
I have a home on the gulf... Florida is packed full of low IQ, uneducated, ill-informed Trump-Trash. It's a good thing I have a 8 foot wall around my place and my beach is private. I also have a Ruger Mini-30 just in case they try to come in and try to steal all my Bud Light and Jack Links jerky...

ACyHJHz.jpg

No one gives a shit about her skin color. It's her abhorrent policies we hate. Joe's too.

Of course there are racists and extremists, but fack them too.

Have you noticed the main demographic of your Trump supporter?

I have a home on the gulf... Florida is packed full of low IQ, uneducated, ill-informed Trump-Trash. It's a good thing I have a 8 foot wall around my place and my beach is private. I also have a Ruger Mini-30 just in case they try to come in and try to steal all my Bud Light and Jack Links jerky...
How quickly do you think this law would turn into a huge mess?

If you guys stop pretending like most of these shootings are just black people going about their merry way and getting murdered by hate fueled cops, then maybe real conversations and real reform will start happening. Until then, more than half the country doesn't take you seriously.
no one says most. we read stats too. it does happen. it happens frequently and their families never get justice afterwards.

Oh jeez, like stealing sneakers or a cell phone should garner the death penalty? Are you kidding me?

Imagine actually thinking a person should not be allowed to defend their property from theft and destruction.
they are already allowed to do that, under florida law. this expands the law to include "suspected looters"

A lot of "well they deserve it" comments. Nobody on the right here sees the risk this brings? How do you prove you shot someone because you "suspected" he was a looter? What's the criteria?
How about recognizing the risk stealing and ruining people's property carries with it and warn people about that?

Hey don’t loot and you will minimize your chance of getting shot. People argued against Stand your ground also saying tons of people will be killed. That has not happened.

Florida has already passed the harshest rioting laws. Mandatory 6 months.

Guess this is just Florida Man saying, fuck around find out.

umm no stop using the word suspected.... its called stand your ground... you either looting or you're not... no one is just wanting to shoot innocent people......
read the article, dummy

The proposal would expand the list of “forcible felonies” under Florida’s self-defense law to justify the use of force against people who engage in criminal mischief that results in the “interruption or impairment” of a business, and looting, which the draft defines as a burglary within 500 feet of a “violent or disorderly assembly.”

Other key elements of DeSantis’ proposal would enhance criminal penalties for people involved in “violent or disorderly assemblies,” make it a third-degree felony to block traffic during a protest, offer immunity to drivers who claim to have unintentionally killed or injured protesters who block traffic, and withhold state funds from local governments that cut law enforcement budgets.

desantis is trying to make it legal to kill more people. flat out.

no one says most. we read stats too. it does happen. it happens frequently and their families never get justice afterwards.

You won't find many people who don't feel for the people and families that are innocently murdered by cops. I think basically everyone is in agreement on that. The guys that murder unjustifiably and then get paid leave and an early retirement....yeah fuck that.

What we aren't in agreement on is whether the public should have no recourse to protect their businesses and their personal property when people are protesting an "innocent man being gunned down for no reason" when he wrestled with cops and then went and reached inside his car for something.

You won't find many people who don't feel for the people and families that are innocently murdered by cops. I think basically everyone is in agreement on that.
lol bro look up any breonna taylor opinion on this website. that is flat out untrue.

Back