Florida Gov drafts bill to legally shoot suspected looters

What kind of world are we living in where a mob can't jump on someone's car, smash their windows and drag them out to beat them unconscious, then burn their store down with impunity? Come on, Soros, Florida needs more of your judges to step in and destabilize society and encourage riots and political violence. How the hell are billionaires supposed to hoover up the rubble if there's a stable society with no rubble to hoover up?

<Ellaria01>

you mean like cops do to black people?

Which people would those be? I don't want to speak for @MoparOrNoCar , but not sure "working their whole lives towards something" means career criminals working towards more home invasions and violent felonies before attacking cops.

As long as they are on your property in the act of looting I don't have a problem with this.

It would have to be written carefully so as not to include just some kid shoplifting candy bars. I would need need to read the final draft.

you mean like cops do to black people?

anyways, in b4 this crowd shows up

m5BUUfN.jpg

Haaaa haaa most of the posters on here look exactly like these people lol

Only issue I see is what constitutes damage. Someone is gonna get shot egging a business under this law which will cause a legal kerfuffle.

Well there should be a clear difference. If it's referring to "rioting" and they build that in, then something has to has happened and it makes sense. Defense might fall flat if nothing actually happened that is provable, and there's a dead dude after an argument in the front or something like that. But if there's actual damage to the property or business, then yea dead dude might have a weak case. I'm okay with that given both knowing someone close to me who powerlessly lost their business to rioters, and the fact that I don't really see how else you can protect a business from a group of rioters without use of force.

I'm guessing a shop owner defending his/her store would all ready be protected under existing laws. Not sure what additional value this brings other than to make it okay to shoot people for generally minor offenses.

You'd think but no. Stand Your Ground is good protection, but it protects you as a person. So in FL if I go up to HomeCheese and start pushing you and punch you and rush you, you can legally shoot me to defend yourself. This will expand on that, so if HomeCheese owns a business and 6 rioters come there to smash it up, and HomeCheese tells them to leave but they curse out HomeCheese, then HomeCheese can use any force necessary including shooting them to stop them from smashing the business.

since when do we, as a society, murder shoplifters and vandals? i've been arrested for destruction of public property, it was like 6 months probation and a $40 fine.

That is the alternative though right? If you worked hard, saved your money, and it is Wednesday at 12:30 PM, and you are in your self-built store, but a group of rioters come to destroy it, what do you think your fair response should be? Calling the police? By the time they arrive it could be over already and you lost it all. So what is the most fair thing to do if not force in your opinion?

Which people would those be? I don't want to speak for @MoparOrNoCar , but not sure "working their whole lives towards something" means career criminals working towards more home invasions and violent felonies before attacking cops.
do i need to link you a list?

it was a negligent, premeditated death at the hands of police that they will face no charges for. one of them, however, will face charges for a bullet entering a neighbor's apartment. not the 5 bullets that entered an innocent black woman sleeping in her bedroom.

Yea you skipped the part where the drug dealing boyfriend started the shoot with the cops.

That is the alternative though right? If you worked hard, saved your money, and it is Wednesday at 12:30 PM, and you are in your self-built store, but a group of rioters come to destroy it, what do you think your fair response should be? Calling the police? By the time they arrive it could be over already and you lost it all. So what is the most fair thing to do if not force in your opinion?
then that's a problem with the police. make them better at their job.

they were there on a now-illegal warrant on the grounds of bad information. they're retards who killed someone in cold blood and will face no justice.

Again, dishonest.

Warrant was legal at the time and they didn't know it was on the grounds of bad information. They didn't kill anyone in cold blood. They got shot at through a wall and they shot back in defense through the wall. It was just a bad situation all around.

You read like CNN. Cop gets shot at through a wall and returns fire through the wall and you write the headline "Cop shoots innocent black woman in a premeditated murder in cold blood".

While this may be hard to believe, we used to shoot looters in times of crisis, but not on the regular and not citizens.. This is after the great quake in SF.

Proclamation-by-the-Mayor.jpg

I'd have to read the bill, but in general I'm not in favor of blanket shoot to kill orders in times of peace. Property can be replaced. Lives not so much.

As an economic stimulus lootings and burning isnt bad either. All those things must be rebuilt. I have a friend who just tracks natural disasters and riots with his crews - very rich friend.

Last edited:
it was a negligent, premeditated death at the hands of police that they will face no charges for. one of them, however, will face charges for a bullet entering a neighbor's apartment. not the 5 bullets that entered an innocent black woman sleeping in her bedroom.

Words have meaning. "Premeditated" has a meaning. You should learn what it means.

Yea you skipped the part where he drug dealing boyfriend started the shoot with the cops.
he wasn't a drug dealing boyfriend. the drug dealer was her ex who the pigs thought was living there.

they were there on a now-illegal warrant on the grounds of bad information. they're retards who killed someone in cold blood and will face no justice.

How was the warrant illegal now?

Have cops done it to black people before? Yep.

Have cops done it to black people that wield knives at them or resist arrest and then reach into their vehicles for something? Yep.

Are these the same scenarios? Nope.

If you guys stop pretending like most of these shootings are just black people going about their merry way and getting murdered by hate fueled cops, then maybe real conversations and real reform will start happening. Until then, more than half the country doesn't take you seriously.

The problem is that people like you probably didn't believe that SOME police have been doing crimes towards people in the communities for years.

Technology is just exposing them now. Can you imagine how many crimes they didn't get caught doing to citizens..

The problem is that people like you probably didn't believe that SOME police have been doing crimes towards people in the communities for years.

Technology is just exposing them now. Can you imagine how many crimes they didn't get caught doing to citizens..
Theres people like him raping black/minority women because they were afraid to speak out. How many havent been caught?

h5bixpqcyzldccfmrn36.gif

Back