Florida Gov drafts bill to legally shoot suspected looters

How about recognizing the risk stealing and ruining people's property carries with it and warn people about that?

So if a kid TeePee my house I have the right to shoot them?

read the article, dummy

desantis is trying to make it legal to kill more people. flat out.
sounds like you need to read the article dumbass..... using the word suspected???? are you delusional???? oo wait i guess your simple mind cant understand the difference between looting and protesting, holy shit you are retarded lol

umm no stop using the word suspected.... its called stand your ground... you either looting or you're not... no one is just wanting to shoot innocent people......
if it is called stand your ground then why draft this bill?
Stand your ground already exists in Florida

lol bro look up any breonna taylor opinion on this website. that is flat out untrue.

Is Breonna Taylor a cut and dry case of murder? It was just an awful situation all around. The cops got shot at and they shot back and an extremely unfortunate thing happened as a result. It was not murder and it certainly wasn't a case of a white cop murdering a black woman due to racism.

if it is called stand your ground then why draft this bill?
Stand your ground already exists in Florida
Stand-your-ground laws cannot be invoked by someone who is the initial aggressor, or who is otherwise engaged in criminal activity. thats the reason why

definitely not just an excuse to genocide poor people. the GOP would never stand for that

A lot of "well they deserve it" comments. Nobody on the right here sees the risk this brings? How do you prove you shot someone because you "suspected" he was a looter? What's the criteria?

Oh jeez, like stealing sneakers or a cell phone should garner the death penalty? Are you kidding me?

If you guys are serious, it's an expansion of the Stand Your Ground Law in FL to apply it to businesses. It basically means that, if John and Jim Doe are doing damage to your business directly in front of you, you are allowed to use any force necessary to stop them. So if I say, own a local shop that sells natural African remedies like a very close friend of mine used to own, and I am in my shop when rioters come to destroy it, I'd be allowed to use force including a gun to defend it.

This is fair. It is easy for you to say "oh but they're shooting people for breaking their windows and stealing their products", but that is easy to preach from a high chair when you are not the one losing your business and livelihood over criminal actions.

Stand-your-ground laws cannot be invoked by someone who is the initial aggressor, or who is otherwise engaged in criminal activity. thats the reason why
So this bill is for the initial aggressor to be allowed to shoot?
That seems... odd.

If you guys are serious, it's an expansion of the Stand Your Ground Law in FL to apply it to businesses. It basically means that, if John and Jim Doe are doing damage to your business directly in front of you, you are allowed to use any force necessary to stop them. So if I say, own a local shop that sells natural African remedies like a very close friend of mine used to own, and I am in my shop when rioters come to destroy it, I'd be allowed to use force including a gun to defend it.

This is fair. It is easy for you to say "oh but they're shooting people for breaking their windows and stealing their products", but that is easy to preach from a high chair when you are not the one losing your business and livelihood over criminal actions.
Only issue I see is what constitutes damage. Someone is gonna get shot egging a business under this law which will cause a legal kerfuffle.

ACyHJHz.jpg
Just like we hate Dr. Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Collin Powell, Condaleezza Rice, Tim Scott, Sheriff Clarke and Mia Love.
What would you betas do with your time if identity politics went away tmrw? Imagine being you.

Is Breonna Taylor a cut and dry case of murder? It was just an awful situation all around. The cops got shot at and they shot back and an extremely unfortunate thing happened as a result. It was not murder and it certainly wasn't a case of a white cop murdering a black woman due to racism.
it was a negligent, premeditated death at the hands of police that they will face no charges for. one of them, however, will face charges for a bullet entering a neighbor's apartment. not the 5 bullets that entered an innocent black woman sleeping in her bedroom.

Have you noticed the main demographic of your Trump supporter?

I have a home on the gulf... Florida is packed full of low IQ, uneducated, ill-informed Trump-Trash. It's a good thing I have a 8 foot wall around my place and my beach is private. I also have a Ruger Mini-30 just in case they try to come in and try to steal all my Bud Light and Jack Links jerky...

I don't care about this garbage thread but QUESTION - is it true that those Mini-30s have firing pin issues?

Just like we hate Dr. Ben Carson, Herman Cain, Collin Powell, Condaleezza Rice, Tim Scott, Sheriff Clarke and Mia Love.
What would you betas do with your time if identity politics went away tmrw? Imagine being you.
if you watched django unchained and knew who samuel l jackson's character was, you wouldn't have posted this.

I'm guessing a shop owner defending his/her store would all ready be protected under existing laws. Not sure what additional value this brings other than to make it okay to shoot people for generally minor offenses.

since when do we, as a society, murder shoplifters and vandals? i've been arrested for destruction of public property, it was like 6 months probation and a $40 fine.

it was a negligent, premeditated death at the hands of police that they will face no charges for. one of them, however, will face charges for a bullet entering a neighbor's apartment. not the 5 bullets that entered an innocent black woman sleeping in her bedroom.

That's intellectually dishonest and you know it. Premeditated? The cops literally got shot at through the wall and returned fire. That is the complete opposite of premeditated.

There is a reason why Breonna's boyfriend isn't getting charged. Because you have the right to protect your home if you feel like someone has entered it without your permission.

Shit like this is why people will never take your side seriously.

Right, because "teepee"ing people's houses has been the reason for this action.

<LikeReally5>

Stop making excuses for shitty human beings that use politics as an excuse to destroy shit and steal.

Stop encouraging elected officials to allow citizens to become judge, jury, and executioner.

That's intellectually dishonest and you know it. Premeditated? The cops literally got shot at through the wall and returned fire. That is the complete opposite of premeditated.
they were there on a now-illegal warrant on the grounds of bad information. they're retards who killed someone in cold blood and will face no justice.

Back