Media Firas Zahabi says O'Malley beats Merab with no time limit

if it weren’t for time limits, we might have seen the first rape in the octagon.

He's right, but people can't put their emotional bias and hate for O'Malley aside and admit it
Omalley gets rag dolled indefinitely till he passes out from exhaustion in a no time limit fight

For the shit that you're shoveling to be true O'Malley would have to not be dead exhausted by the end of the fight to convince me. Merab wasn't even breathing hard. There would come a point where O'Malley can no longer defend himself and either gets choked out or tkod

Throughout the years, many users on Sherdog have said the same things about the MMA fights that Nick Diaz and Nathan Diaz were in.

I guess that Firas Zahabi considers Sean O'Malley to be in that list.

"If the fight was completely different the other guy would have won"

Wow, this guy was lucky he got to hold onto GSPs coat tails

Sesn needed a motivational help book narrated to him while he was heaving every time in the corner, reminding him that the beat down was almost over lol. The guy was dying. Him landing a couple kicks doesn't change that, especially since the round ended with him getting put down easily for the 6th time.

That guy despite his claims of being an OG fan has some of the worst takes I’ve seen on here.

I genuinely try to be as cordial as possible with everyone here and treat them with respect…but damn bro has some out of pocket takes.

Lmao, With no time limits Merab is raping this clown

I mean as others have said, Merab can't finish a sandwich. This is something to think about, since the sport of MMA is supposed to be like a real fight. How many real fights have you witnessed where a guy laid on top of the other guy for 25 minutes while inflicting zero damage? I'm not a grappling hater but unlike normal sports, imo the goal in an MMA match should be to finish. It's called a fight and holding on, trying to win by control and not finish.... Well... Is that really even fighting?

I should clarify by not a grappling hater I mean I actually like grappling when fighters use it to pursue a submission or gnp. I just don't like the whole control and "position over submission!" Thing.

How many real fights have you witnessed where a guy laid on top of the other guy for 25 minutes while inflicting zero damage?

It's the go to tactic for my brother, he weghs 120kgs and he doesn't like violence. Worked for him.

This is something to think about, since the sport of MMA is supposed to be like a real fight. How many real fights have you witnessed where a guy laid on top of the other guy for 25 minutes while inflicting zero damage?
Why is this being constantly brought up in conversations? Mma is nothing even remotely like a real fight. It is just a ruleset that allows for more freedom than the majority of other combat rulesets.
How many fights have you witnessed where oponents were known 8 weeks in advance to prepare properly for the fight? How many where both were the exact same weight? Where both cut weight before and then rehydrate for a day and a half? Where a ref breaks it up every 5 minutes etc, etc.

Firas one of those guys who is on literally every other Caucasus´ fighters ballz but then hates on Merab...

Firas Zahabi is one of the few I take seriously as an MMA expert. Man doesn't talk nonsense or take advantage of the commercial company UFC like most. Respect for Mr. Zahabi🦾

Back