Finally a HW champ that's the best

Lol facts? You said he destroyed Kongo, you're a blind fanboy(you guys). JDS gassed within the opening minute, I don't think that was entirely Cain's fault but all props to him regardless because that's part of the game.

Lol "fanboys". You are blatantly a JDS "fanboy" since you are still crying and can't bring yourself to give Cain his due credit. JDS gassed because he ate a couple of power punches in the first round that almost killed him. Why do "you people" not understand that getting beat up is taxing on your stamina?

The baddest man on the planet??? He decisioned a grappling dummy in JDS and won a good fight vs BF.......prior to that he got KO'd within 2mins.....remember that, he dopped like a sack of potatoes and rolled over like a dog.

You have to prove more then what he has to be that man. It belongs to Anderson, Bones and Aldo. Lets see Cain defend once, at the least Junior defended his belt once.

Baddest man on the planet status belongs to the guy who would win in a fight against anyone else. BDOTP does not equal p4p... and I'll take Cain over AS, Bones, and Aldo, and you probably would too.

How is Cain the baddest man of the plannet???

Anderson Silva and Jon Jones are just in another level. Sorry man, I just dont see anyone with a sane mind saying Cain is better than those two P4P

The baddest man on the planet??? He decisioned a grappling dummy in JDS and won a good fight vs BF.......prior to that he got KO'd within 2mins.....remember that, he dopped like a sack of potatoes and rolled over like a dog.

You have to prove more then what he has to be that man. It belongs to Anderson, Bones and Aldo. Lets see Cain defend once, at the least Junior defended his belt once.

I never claimed that Cain was a better fighter then Jones, Anderson or even GSP. I never thought JDS was a better fighter then Jones, GSP or Anderson.

What I claimed is that Cain is indeed the baddest man on the planet if JDS was the baddest man on the planet. You cant have it either way, if you never considered JDS the baddest man on the planet then you have plausible excuses.

JDS was proclaimed the baddest fighter on the planet with one title defense. JDS was the champion with less title defenses then any other champion but he was heralded over all the others with less of a track record.

Yet Cain beat that same self proclaimed baddest man on the planet and is not given his due. Most gave JDS his standing without him having two title defenses let alone a credible championship track record.

But now want Cain to have a credible HW championship track record, the issue is that JDS never had one.

It sounds like sour milk

Last edited:
Baddest man on the planet status belongs to the guy who would win in a fight against anyone else. BDOTP does not equal p4p... and I'll take Cain over AS, Bones, and Aldo, and you probably would too.
I'll take a guy with a gun over all of them.

They're 1 -1. But KO > Decision. So, there you have it.
And Junior didn't look like himself that night, even before the match started. Something was wrong, I'm sure.
lol at people saying they want to see Cormier fight Velasquez. We all know Cormier is better... the problem is: they will never fight each other.

No. An early KO from a heavyweight is in no way, shape, or form more telling than a bell to bell domination/tooling. In the first fight JDS proved that he hits like a mach truck. In the second fight Cain proved that he is far and away the better fighter.

TS, your bias is showing.

I like Cain. He earned and deserves to hold that title again. But there's nothing flukey about a punch from JDS. Some people act like getting punched behind the ear means it's not fair play. Besides, having a good chin is generally is understood as the ability to take a punch period, not just square on the front portion of the jaw. And if you're still reaching, then come up with something to explain the GnP that actually put him away.

Cain doesn't need your excuses. He got his belt back with a vengeance. Stop making Cain fans look bad.

He's lost to one guy in the UFC, and that's JDS. And vice-versa for JDS losing only to Cain. These guys are phenomenal. Who's to say how a 3rd fight will look between them? They're 50/50, and finish or not, both won pretty damn convincingly. Writing off the proven ability for JDS to knock people out is kind of silly. That's a very real threat.

How about let's be excited these two are at the top of the division, and now we have Cormier in the mix and possibly some other Strikeforce names crossing over. When Jones eventually fills out and moves up in the next couple of years, HW is going to be more exciting than it has ever been in UFC history.

Really good post, man. HW needed this, it's a great time for the division, more so for the UFC as it will finally have most of the best HWs under one banner, when traditionally the UFC HW division has been a little lacklustre. Cain won a great fight, showed he could go away from a bad loss and improve and really took it to JDS in a way many folks didn't think was possible. If JDS can do the same then as the fans we are the biggest winners here.

Yeah...he looked amazing.......gassing after 3 rounds.....slopping around, leaning on JDS' couldnt finish takedowns or strike with any technique.

Far from amazing my friend. He won, he won with heart, will and determination. But that was not the best we have seen Cain look. He is capable of better.

Excuse me for being critical, but i have a high standard for top level fighers peforming. And if you think im being critical of Cain? YOu dont want to hear what I have to say about Junior.

Who cares what you have to say or your horsesh!t "standard". If being the best HW in the world of mixed martial arts isn't a high enough standard for you, then by all means

jeremy-piven-gtfo.gif

JKS is a dreadful poster. He really doesn't get it.

What is this random gif supposed to prove? Cain fucking clowned JDS the night before last.

the supposed baddest man on the planet got destroyed recently and has more work to do to earn that distinction.

the supposed baddest man on the planet got destroyed recently and has more work to do to earn that distinction.

You probably would have accepted JDS as the baddest man on the planet before he got destroyed by Cain.

Lol "fanboys". You are blatantly a JDS "fanboy" since you are still crying and can't bring yourself to give Cain his due credit. JDS gassed because he ate a couple of power punches in the first round that almost killed him. Why do "you people" not understand that getting beat up is taxing on your stamina?

Like I said Cain gets his credit, he made JDS his prison bitch for 5 rounds. Does JDS get credit for the first fight and we can all agree the rubber match is where the better man will be decided? No of course not. All I've really stated is that considering what Cain has achieved he's overhyped right now and I'd bet that he won't survive the first defense again. Cain's got his own set of tools and he's a great fighter, but yeah I am a JDS fan and I don't agree with the way people are shitting on JDS the same way people shitted on Cain the first go around. And I'm only saying this in this thread because fuck... look at the ridiculous title?

Who cares what you have to say or your horsesh!t "standard". If being the best HW in the world of mixed martial arts isn't a high enough standard for you, then by all means

jeremy-piven-gtfo.gif

A gif from entourage...I can see im dealing with children here.

There is a standard to MMA my friend.....and that fight did not show that.

Cain won and his fans are happy, I get it. But to say he looked amazing or great or is the baddest man is ridiculous.

There is a lot more Cain has to prove at HW....out of the 5 best HWs in the world...Cain has shown to only beat 1 guy on that list.

I never claimed that Cain was a better fighter then Jones, Anderson or even GSP. I never thought JDS was a better fighter then Jones, GSP or Anderson.

What I claimed is that Cain is indeed the baddest man on the planet if JDS was the baddest man on the planet. You cant have it either way, if you never considered JDS the baddest man on the planet then you have plausible excuses.

JDS was proclaimed the baddest fighter on the planet with one title defense. JDS was the champion with less title defenses then any other champion but he was heralded over all the others with less of a track record.

Yet Cain beat that same self proclaimed baddest man on the planet and is not given his due. Most of you gave JDS his due without even him having two title defenses let alone a credible championship track record.

It sounds like sour milk since so many were proclaiming JDS the best HW ever and above the other champions with less title defenses then Bendo and now want a credible HW track record from Cain when JDS never had one.

Give Cain his due, if JDS was the baddest then Cain is now the baddest at least at HW.

Well at HW its no question now. He dominating Junior, I agree on that. Despite JDS KOing him a year ago...I go by the most recent peformance.

THey are both the 2 best HWs in the world now. But I didnt consider JDS the baddest man.....he was won off...now Cain is. They both are

They are gonna fight for a 3rd time at some point.....we'll see how its goes. With these two....it can be anything from both guys KO

cainkongoface.gif

It's Cheick Kongo, man... he couldn't put him away the same way he couldn't put away destroyed JDS last night and he almost paid for it with a couple big shots. Bigfoot? Dominated. Kongo? That was a blanket having a one sided pillowfight on the ground, and I'm a grappling guy so I can respect that, but I wouldn't call it a domination.

The heavyweight division is garbage. No one fighting there deserves to be mentioned in any P4P discussion.

He's clearly the most well rounded of the HW's with no known weakness.

Weren't we just saying JDS had no known weaknesses a couple days ago? Cain's the top fighter right now. But you're saying he's well-rounded when he's not. Yes he has wrestling and striking and the ability to mix it up. But his defense is lacking, he's never used bjj and he fights virtually the same every fight. If JDS is one-dimensional for maintaining range and looking for power punches in every fight, Cain is also one-dimensional for overwhelming with reckless striking and ground n pound. He also doesn't seem to have very good top control, as most of his opponents have been able to get back up.

I think Cain will outwork anyone on the planet on any given night, but I don't think his skill set is well-rounded enough to keep him from being hurt or finished by other opponents. I can picture him gassing Overeem out with his pace and putting on another beatdown. I can also picture Overeem stuffing his sloppy takedown and punishing him with a brutal knee to the face. We'll see what happens, but I wouldn't count on his weaknesses not being exploited eventually.

Back