Finally a HW champ that's the best

That was a grueling fight. I don't know why you act like these fighters aren't allowed to get tired, especially at that weight.

They can get tired. Just don't act like they're the "baddest man on the planet" or unbeatable.

I don't see Overeem doing it though, unless he caught him early behind the ear like JDS did.

Because thats the only way right? Alistair could choke him out. Hurt him early with a knee when he shoots his sloppy double and guillotine him. Or he could just get ktfo.

Lucky behind the ear shots aren't the only way to beat him. People say he purposely made the fight sloppy vs Jds, against a counter striker like Overeem that might not be the best idea

Wreckless striking?? Do you need a graph to show you Cain's striking accuracy?

We already know that Cain can whip up on JDS 9 times out of 10. But TS knows nothing about Overeem. Overeem will get that UFC HW belt. Guaranteed.

It's so sad how far back into a fight you need to go in order to make ignorant, blind fans understand the point you are trying to make.

The point wasn't that he beat Kongo, it was that like presently, he was being touted as the second coming of christ coming off of wins against titans like Brad Morris and Jake O Brien and he almost had his head taken off the two times Kongo was actually able to mount an offense. To his credit he was still pretty green to the UFC, but his fans seem to act like he's straight unbeatable even though he's shown weakness on more than one occasion. He's 1-1 now against JDS, let him get through some more quality opposition and close the trilogy with JDS before we call the man the baddest.

JDS had defended his title once and the JDS fanboys proclaimed him HW GOAT and baddest man on the planet. They are a ridiculous bunch. Cain beat JDS down from top to bottom with such a dominant victory that a 3rd match is really not needed as JDS was obviously out of his league against Cain.

JDS had defended his title once and the JDS fanboys proclaimed him HW GOAT and baddest man on the planet. They are a ridiculous bunch. Cain beat JDS down from top to bottom with such a dominant victory that a 3rd match is really not needed as JDS was obviously out of his league against Cain.

And Brock Lesnar was ALSO the baddest man on the planet, the title is fucking retarded in general, especially in the HW division where the belt changes every other defense.

Meh.

I'd take Cormier over him and he's a natural 205lber, I'd take Jones over him too if he moves up.

The heavyweight division is garbage. No one fighting there deserves to be mentioned in any P4P discussion.
in general, yes. thats why p4p was invented, so people could discuss how good fighters are when size isnt a factor. of course the HW champ is considered the 'best' fighter, just not 'p4p' best which is much more subjective. very few hw fighters are ever high on the p4p list because there arent a whole lot of people in the world so big they would fight at HW so of course the talent pool is smaller

Weren't we just saying JDS had no known weaknesses a couple days ago? Cain's the top fighter right now. But you're saying he's well-rounded when he's not. Yes he has wrestling and striking and the ability to mix it up. But his defense is lacking, he's never used bjj and he fights virtually the same every fight. If JDS is one-dimensional for maintaining range and looking for power punches in every fight, Cain is also one-dimensional for overwhelming with reckless striking and ground n pound. He also doesn't seem to have very good top control, as most of his opponents have been able to get back up.

I think Cain will outwork anyone on the planet on any given night, but I don't think his skill set is well-rounded enough to keep him from being hurt or finished by other opponents. I can picture him gassing Overeem out with his pace and putting on another beatdown. I can also picture Overeem stuffing his sloppy takedown and punishing him with a brutal knee to the face. We'll see what happens, but I wouldn't count on his weaknesses not being exploited eventually.

Never used bjj? That's bullshit. He used a butterfly guard getting Brock off him. Bjj is not just submissions

JBJ is the best, he can beat any fighter including Cain and Anderson

Really good post, man. HW needed this, it's a great time for the division, more so for the UFC as it will finally have most of the best HWs under one banner, when traditionally the UFC HW division has been a little lacklustre. Cain won a great fight, showed he could go away from a bad loss and improve and really took it to JDS in a way many folks didn't think was possible. If JDS can do the same then as the fans we are the biggest winners here.

Thanks, same to you. At the end of the day, and of each respective meeting, the winner will be the fighter who prepared better in training AND made less errors in the execution of their strategy (or recovering from mistakes). Cain deserved it, and I can't imagine how many grueling hours of work he dedicated to getting that belt back. I hope JDS can do the same. Hunger is an amazing force, but it's those that stay the hungriest even at the top of the food chain who will remain champions for a long time.

I have no doubt both of these guys will cement that legacy during their careers and, judging by their current records, the feat is already well underway. Given their accomplishments, how anyone can bash or discredit either fighter is beyond me.

fighter in the world. The HW champ should always be the baddest man on the planet with no other fighters in lower weight classes being able to threaten the champ. P4P is all good but clearly as everyone knows, P4P is just a nice way of saying that the smaller guy has the most skills per pound. So here's my take on Cain. I always felt that his loss to JDS the first time was a fluke. Especially because it only took one minute and he got caught. That being said, I think Cain has the "it" factor like JBJ, GSP and AS and will stay on top for a very very long time. He's clearly the most well rounded of the HW's with no known weakness. And don't give me the BS of him having a suspect chin. He got hit behind the ear by JDS the first time not the chin. He also has the best cardio in the HW division and in the top 5 of all UFC fighters. He's also very focused. Doesn't seem like a glory hog or someone seeking the spotlight. I have no question in my mind that if JDS and Cain rematch it will look exactly like their second fight. The only true threat to Cain is Overeem and that's only because of the unknown. We don't know how Overeem is going to look in his next fight but I will say that Cain will beat Overeem by pressuring him and tiring him out. He'll either TKO him to UD. Like him or not, Cain is here to stay on top for a while.

And by the way, I'm a huge JDS fan but I put money on Cain in that fight.

Doesn't have great power, can be rocked with a good shot, and cannot/does not take advantage of superior ground positions to secure subs.

Best HW in the world... but he does have weaknesses... just like:

Anderson Silva: Decent, but not great, takedown defense, and an inability to get back to his feet when he is taken down.

GSP: No KO power, only an okay chin, let's guys hang around too long.

JJ is the closest to a guy without any weaknesses at this point, and he doesn't have very heavy hands or particularly accurate striking (which isn't exactly a weakness per se, but certainly provides an opening for opponents to wade in early and try for the KO... before the cumulative effect of getting thrown around and hit repeatedly from every angle imaginable kicks in).

Cain is still untested a bit imo. I wanna see him fight Overeem and Cormier before he gets crowned. Granted I would favor him in both fights and unlikely he will fight cormier but don't wanna get too hasty

JDS fans coronated that dude and we saw what happened

Exactly. JDS was completely untested who couldn't even KO a CC that anyone could KO..and that fight went deep into the 3rd with CC landing at will...

When will people learn? Cain may very well be THAT good, although he still has a lot to prove. It would be funny if the retards started calling him the p4p GOAT and better than Fedor like they did with JDS...

When will people learn? Cain may very well be THAT good, although he still has a lot to prove. It would be funny if the retards started calling him the p4p GOAT and better than Fedor like they did with JDS...

They already did and then this happened,

Dos-Santos-def-Velasquez.gif

Lol. That's it 'GSP Apologist', cling to that fight like your life depends on it. Because there is no more doubt who the vastly superior fighter is.

Tissue?

Back