Finally a HW champ that's the best

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
fighter in the world. The HW champ should always be the baddest man on the planet with no other fighters in lower weight classes being able to threaten the champ. P4P is all good but clearly as everyone knows, P4P is just a nice way of saying that the smaller guy has the most skills per pound. So here's my take on Cain. I always felt that his loss to JDS the first time was a fluke. Especially because it only took one minute and he got caught. That being said, I think Cain has the "it" factor like JBJ, GSP and AS and will stay on top for a very very long time. He's clearly the most well rounded of the HW's with no known weakness. And don't give me the BS of him having a suspect chin. He got hit behind the ear by JDS the first time not the chin. He also has the best cardio in the HW division and in the top 5 of all UFC fighters. He's also very focused. Doesn't seem like a glory hog or someone seeking the spotlight. I have no question in my mind that if JDS and Cain rematch it will look exactly like their second fight. The only true threat to Cain is Overeem and that's only because of the unknown. We don't know how Overeem is going to look in his next fight but I will say that Cain will beat Overeem by pressuring him and tiring him out. He'll either TKO him to UD. Like him or not, Cain is here to stay on top for a while.

And by the way, I'm a huge JDS fan but I put money on Cain in that fight.

Cain is still untested a bit imo. I wanna see him fight Overeem and Cormier before he gets crowned. Granted I would favor him in both fights and unlikely he will fight cormier but don't wanna get too hasty

JDS fans coronated that dude and we saw what happened

fighter in the world. The HW champ should always be the baddest man on the planet with no other fighters in lower weight classes being able to threaten the champ. P4P is all good but clearly as everyone knows, P4P is just a nice way of saying that the smaller guy has the most skills per pound. So here's my take on Cain. I always felt that his loss to JDS the first time was a fluke. Especially because it only took one minute and he got caught. That being said, I think Cain has the "it" factor like JBJ, GSP and AS and will stay on top for a very very long time. He's clearly the most well rounded of the HW's with no known weakness. And don't give me the BS of him having a suspect chin. He got hit behind the ear by JDS the first time not the chin. He also has the best cardio in the HW division and in the top 5 of all UFC fighters. He's also very focused. Doesn't seem like a glory hog or someone seeking the spotlight. I have no question in my mind that if JDS and Cain rematch it will look exactly like their second fight. The only true threat to Cain is Overeem and that's only because of the unknown. We don't know how Overeem is going to look in his next fight but I will say that Cain will beat Overeem by pressuring him and tiring him out. He'll either TKO him to UD. Like him or not, Cain is here to stay on top for a while.

And by the way, I'm a huge JDS fan but I put money on Cain in that fight.

How much monye did you put? It will be interesting to see what happens with Cain how many times he can defend the belt this time but right now I agree he is the the badest dude on the planet.

Does anyone not remember Tim Sylvia?
Come on guys, lets atleast act like we know what the hell were talking about!

How much monye did you put? It will be interesting to see what happens with Cain how many times he can defend the belt this time but right now I agree he is the the badest dude on the planet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones or Cormier beat Valasquez. I don't see Overeem doing it though, unless he caught him early behind the ear like JDS did.

Cain is a great fighter but he needs to defend at least 3 times and finally cement himself as the best UFC Hw champ ever.

Agreed with the comment about him beating Cormier and Overeem before we call hime the 'best"...

IMO the unpredicatability factor is what makes the heavyweight division exciting.

Cain is awesome as hell but JDS is will be back. I believe we as fans are witnessing one of the best rivalries in MMA. Also,like everyone has and will say, Cain needs to get through Overeem. Those three guys are the top of the food chain and it's likely to stay that way for a little while. Cormier isn't going to fight Cain so he's sorta out of the convo. Fabricio Werdum is great but he isn't going to be able to beat any of those guys in my opinion.

I honestly don't think JDS will ever be the same after that beating that he took.

his glass jaw makes me question his credibility. He is a great fighter but if he can't take a punch his reign will be limited.

pretty sloppy performance against JDS, didn't go for the finish on multiple occasions, he had to do what he had to do to secure a decision win.

JDS proved he was better in the first fight.

i would take aldo, cruz, silva, gsp, and jones over a similiarly sized version of cain.

rugby0_3_2385124b.jpg

That much?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Jones or Cormier beat Valasquez. I don't see Overeem doing it though, unless he caught him early behind the ear like JDS did.

Or caught him on the jaw or got him with a knee it could be done but Cain would be favored I think.

Lol. No.

I had my reservations about the first fight being a fluke or not. Cain definitely proved that it was and that he is the far superior fighter.

No, his first hard punch was what made the rest of the fight what it was, if he didn't land that it would have played out much different

Getting punched and going face down, ass up, is not a fluke - It's a knock out

Cain is still untested a bit imo. I wanna see him fight Overeem and Cormier before he gets crowned. Granted I would favor him in both fights and unlikely he will fight cormier but don't wanna get too hasty

JDS fans coronated that dude and we saw what happened

Untested? He beat the crap out of a tough veteran in Ben Rothwell, he KO'd Big Nog, he absolutely destroyed Brock, he beat a very game Bigfoot Silva, and he just dominated the undefeated-in-the-UFC champ for 5 rounds. How can you possibly say that he's untested?

Oh wait, because he hasn't faced a f*ckin' roid freak that hid out in Japan for 3 years so he could roid up without having to take drug tests before his fights? Then when he finally had to fight in the US he pissed hot? Is that the guy he has to fight in your mind for him to be tested?

Back