Finally a HW champ that's the best

Nobody's saying anything about P4P. The "Baddest man on the planet" tag has always been given to heavyweights, because they are the ones who would likely win a fight against anyone else. You're the one that insists on making this a P4P thing.

nobody except the OP

Of course you can't blame a fan for hyping up their boy. But, it's hypocritical as fuck when you guys are doing the same thing JDS guys were doing to Cain after the first fight. How many times have we seen JDS gas that fast much less lose in the UFC. And Cain knows his chin is suspect too, you can see it in his gameplan, which is why I can't fathom why his fanboys are so in denial about it.

"You guys"? Who is "you guys"? I haven't done shit other than call facts. Such as JDS gassing because Cain was beating his ass.

since you have a Dec 2012 join date I am wondering if you saw him get dropped 3 times against Kongo and flash KO'd by JDS.

It says a lot about a a guy who takes punches from Kongo(and still gets up, and still wins the fight!!). Whenever Kongo hits someone and KO's them, it looks as if he does it with ease. In my opinion Kongo has heavier hands. Give Cain credit, he took good punches and hard elbows and barely even blinked.

nobody except the OP

You didn't actually read the OP then did you? He was dismissing the idea of P4P. "Baddest man on the planet" is not a P4P tag, it means who literally would beat up anybody else. Jose Aldo would not beat Cain Velasquez in a fight.

I seriously lol'd, my God this is a shit post.

JDS got clowned from bell to bell for 25 minutes straight in every facet of the game. Cain owned him standing. Cain owned him on the ground. Cain made him look like he was a victim of spouse abuse.

Deal with it, and move on.

JDS was done after that first huge punch landed. He could barely fucking stand for the rest of the fight, but he looked better in round 5 than in round 2.

Cain should have finished.

It's 1-1 now though. Stop acting as if Cain can't be beaten...cause he has been.

ive thought the same about Cain for a while. When he lost to JDS the first time i was annoyed because i thought i happened so fast we didnt get to see the real Cain in action. i think the second fight showed us the real Velasquez.

we'll see how overeem does with bog foot but i dont see anyone else beating cain in the near future. he just destroyed the guy that destroyed most of the top contenders in that division

You didn't actually read the OP then did you? He was dismissing the idea of P4P. "Baddest man on the planet" is not a P4P tag, it means who literally would beat up anybody else. Jose Aldo would not beat Cain Velasquez in a fight.

it's ludicrous to dismiss the idea of p4p when talking about the best fighter on the planet.

I seriously lol'd, my God this is a shit post.

JDS got clowned from bell to bell for 25 minutes straight in every facet of the game. Cain owned him standing. Cain owned him on the ground. Cain made him look like he was a victim of spouse abuse.

Deal with it, and move on.

Shit post??

SO he didnt get KO'd a year ago?? He didnt win a good fight vs Bigfoot? Your gonna tell me that JDS looked good in that fight?

No one is argueing that he didnt dominate the fight, but its very clear that he has to prove more to be on the level of guys like Jones, Aldo or Andesron.

TWo wins doesnt equate to what those guys have done.

Either your just trolling around, or a F$$KING MORON

JDS was done after that first huge punch landed. He could barely fucking stand for the rest of the fight, but he looked better in round 5 than in round 2.

Cain should have finished.

It's 1-1 now though. Stop acting as if Cain can't be beaten...cause he has been.

Nobody's acting as if he can't be beaten. But he definitely proved himself to be the far superior fighter to JDS.

Do you have Little Man's Syndrome Sherwolf?

Sounds like it.

jQxTA.gif

"You guys"? Who is "you guys"? I haven't done shit other than call facts. Such as JDS gassing because Cain was beating his ass.

Lol facts? You said he destroyed Kongo, you're a blind fanboy(you guys). JDS gassed within the opening minute, I don't think that was entirely Cain's fault but all props to him regardless because that's part of the game.

Yeah...he looked amazing.......gassing after 3 rounds.....slopping around, leaning on JDS' couldnt finish takedowns or strike with any technique.

Far from amazing my friend. He won, he won with heart, will and determination. But that was not the best we have seen Cain look. He is capable of better.

Excuse me for being critical, but i have a high standard for top level fighers peforming. And if you think im being critical of Cain? YOu dont want to hear what I have to say about Junior.
That was a grueling fight. I don't know why you act like these fighters aren't allowed to get tired, especially at that weight.

it's ludicrous to dismiss the idea of p4p when talking about the best fighter on the planet.

It's not ludicrous to dismiss the idea of p4p when we're talking about the "Baddest Man on the Planet", which has always been used to describe heavyweights, since they'd beat up the top guys in all the lighter divisions too.

P4P does not work in a discussion of who'd beat who. GSP wouldn't stand a chance against JDS. Aldo would be thrown around and beaten to a pulp by Cain. Do you understand what "Baddest man on the planet" literally means?

Based upon what?

They're 1 -1. But KO > Decision. So, there you have it.
And Junior didn't look like himself that night, even before the match started. Something was wrong, I'm sure.
lol at people saying they want to see Cormier fight Velasquez. We all know Cormier is better... the problem is: they will never fight each other.

TS, your bias is showing.

I like Cain. He earned and deserves to hold that title again. But there's nothing flukey about a punch from JDS. Some people act like getting punched behind the ear means it's not fair play. Besides, having a good chin is generally understood as the ability to take a punch period, not just square on the front portion of the jaw. And if you're still reaching, then come up with something to explain the GnP that actually put him away.

Cain doesn't need your excuses. He got his belt back with a vengeance. Stop making Cain fans look bad.

He's lost to one guy in the UFC, and that's JDS. And vice-versa for JDS losing only to Cain. These guys are phenomenal. Who's to say how a 3rd fight will look between them? They're 50/50, and finish or not, both won pretty damn convincingly. Writing off the proven ability for JDS to knock people out is kind of silly. That's a very real threat.

How about let's be excited these two are at the top of the division, and now we have Cormier in the mix and possibly some other Strikeforce names crossing over. When Jones eventually fills out and moves up in the next couple of years, HW is going to be more exciting than it has ever been in UFC history.

Last edited:
The fight where he ate a shot to the jaw that spun his entire head around and then proceeded to beat Kongo's ass for the rest of the fight? That fight?

I think I remember seeing that.

It's not ludicrous to dismiss the idea of p4p when we're talking about the "Baddest Man on the Planet", which has always been used to describe heavyweights, since they'd beat up the top guys in all the lighter divisions too.

well then it's also ludicrous to crown velasquez at this point.

let's see him go on a run approaching anything close to fedor's first.

Back