Final Top Ten 2014 P4P Rankings Releaased

Don't let Cuban123 see this. He'll have an orgasm and lecture all of us about what proper judging is and what "Cuban School" is.

I actually didn't have a favorite in this fight. I didn't care who won one way or the other. I scored it based on what I saw between the two fighters. I never score with bias or feel the need to spin the scoring criteria to suit who I want to win, even when I have a favorite. Unlike some.

I thought Lara won clearly. Cleaner, crisper shots with superior ring control. He may have "ran" a bit more than he should have but Canelo was never able to do much more than land awkward body shots that appeared to be mostly blocked.

I think they definitely are, I'd rate Garcia higher than Canelo if i had to choose

with that said, while both have had moments of not looking great, Canelo has never looked bad against a guy like herrera. Not that herrera is bad, but Garcia shouldn't have been struggling with him like he did. At least when Canelo struggles, it's against Floyd, Lara, or Trout.

I might be the only one but I had Trout winning 115-112.

I might be the only one but I had Trout winning 115-112.

I had Trout outpointing him but there were like 4 or 5 rounds there that could have gone to either guy.

I actually didn't have a favorite in this fight. I didn't care who won one way or the other. I scored it based on what I saw between the two fighters. I never score with bias or feel the need to spin the scoring criteria to suit who I want to win, even when I have a favorite. Unlike some.

I thought Lara won clearly. Cleaner, crisper shots with superior ring control. He may have "ran" a bit more than he should have but Canelo was never able to do much more than land awkward body shots that appeared to be mostly blocked.

I thought the fight was a coin toss...

had Lara been a little "Busier", that would have been an easy victory for him.

or as Seano and many others would say, "had Lara fought smarter he would have had a guaranteed victory."

Yeah, no way Lara won that Canelo fight. Thats hipster boxing fan nonsense. Winning fights requires more than 3 or 4 punches per round and walking around the ring. Canelo was the aggressor, landed the better shots (yes he did, the body punches had more of an effect than Laras shots did), fought consistently in every round etc etc etc. Making an opponent look bad doesn't mean you won. It means you made a shitty fight.

Lara is the one of the most overrated fighters in boxing. Its weird a guy like Lara gets fights against big name opponents and shot after shot at titles, while a fighter like Rigondeaux, who actually wins his big fights, fights nobodies in Japan.

Yeah, no way Lara won that Canelo fight. Thats hipster boxing fan nonsense. Winning fights requires more than 3 or 4 punches per round and walking around the ring. Canelo was the aggressor, landed the better shots (yes he did, the body punches had more of an effect than Laras shots did), fought consistently in every round etc etc etc. Making an opponent look bad doesn't mean you won. It means you made a shitty fight.

Lara is the one of the most overrated fighters in boxing. Its weird a guy like Lara gets fights against big name opponents and shot after shot at titles, while a fighter like Rigondeaux, who actually wins his big fights, fights nobodies in Japan.

Just for the record I was giving you $hit in the above post...

but I see what you're saying...

personally, I don't think Canelo landed a lot on Lara..

my biggest criticism of either fighter in that fight was that Lara didn't throw enough. He wasn't active enough...

This was the same criticism I had of Canelo in his fight against Trout.

He made his opponent miss, but didn't capitalize on it.

I had Canelo by one in that fight...easily could have gone the other way.

Scored it a draw the first time viewing it. 114-114, 115-113 either way is okay. 117-111 Levi Martinez was a joke

Actually Lara and Rigondeaux are a prime example of a promoter doing a good job with his fighters vs a promoter who doesn't really try.

Imagine if Lara had beaten Canelo. No way would Golden Boy refuse to promote him, drop him and send him off to Japan.

Back