Final Top Ten 2014 P4P Rankings Releaased

Wanderlei4Life

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
These are ESPN's final top 10 p4p rankings. Voted by a panel of 10 writers//analyst/reporters

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

@FloydMayweather | RECORD: 47-0, 26 KOs

2. Manny Pacquiao

@MannyPacquiao | RECORD: 57-5-2, 38 KOs

3. Juan Manuel Marquez

@jmmarquez_1 | RECORD: 56-7-1, 40 KOs

4. Guillermo Rigondeaux

@RigoElChacal305 | RECORD: 15-0, 10 KOs

5. Timothy Bradley Jr.

@Timbradleyjr | RECORD: 31-1, 12 KOs

6. Gennady Golovkin

@gggboxing | RECORD: 31-0, 28 KOs

7. Roman Gonzalez

@ChocolatitoBox | RECORD: 41-0, 35 KOs

8. Wladimir Klitschko

@Klitschko | RECORD: 63-3, 54 KOs

9. Sergey Kovalev

@KrusherKovalev | RECORD: 26-0-1, 23 KOs

10. Carl Froch

@Carl_Froch | RECORD: 33-2, 24 KOs

ESPN Experts' Poll

THE PANEL: Dan Rafael, Brian Campbell, Nigel Collins, Teddy Atlas, Kieran Mulvaney, Bernardo Pilatti, Eric Raskin, Salvador Rodriguez, Carlos Narvaez and Rafe Bartholomew.

The rankings are based on a descending points system, with a first-place vote receiving 10 points, a second-place vote receiving 9 points and so on. A tie goes to the fighter with the highest submitted ranking and then the most votes at that ranking.

Others receiving votes: Miguel Cotto, Danny Garcia, Juan Francisco Estrada, Mikey Garcia, Naoya Inoue

Notes: Andre Ward is not being considered due to inactivity.

espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12122979/rigondeaux-makes-move

Its a pretty damn list. I have no major gripes other than to maybe move up or down some in the list.

No andre ward.

round_of_applause2.jpg

Figures its all top rank and HBO guys though aside from Floyd coming from Big Dan. Marquez probably really doesn't belong at #3 anymore, especially ranked over Tim Bradley.

No andre ward.

round_of_applause2.jpg

Figures its all top rank and HBO guys though aside from Floyd coming from Big Dan. Marquez probably really doesn't belong at #3 anymore, especially ranked over Tim Bradley.

Which showtime guy do you think should be on there?

Seriously, Andre Ward is pretty much retired now huh? Has he even done commentary lately? What a waste. We should be arguing whether he deserves the #1 spot, not trying to remember who he fought last.

Why is Bradley 5.

He lost to Pacquiao and should ve lost again to that Mexican guy (forgot his name)

Which showtime guy do you think should be on there?

Haven't given it a lot of thought. It just looks like theres a few names who are questionable. Like I said, Marquez probably shouldn't be up there at #3. Golovkin as the #6 P4P fighter in the world is questionable too. Wlad? I mean, yeah, he's dominant I guess but he's fighting in what I personally believe is the worst era of HWs in history.

I'd put Froch over Golovkin and Kovalev without question too. No way have either of those guys accomplished a fraction of what Froch has.

Why is Bradley 5.

He lost to Pacquiao and should ve lost again to that Mexican guy (forgot his name)

You thought Bradley lost the Chaves fight?

Why is Bradley 5.

Well, Pac is #2 and he held his own. That Mexican guy is Argentinian, and it was a bit of a robbery.

Haven't given it a lot of thought. It just looks like theres a few names who are questionable. Like I said, Marquez probably shouldn't be up there at #3. Golovkin as the #6 P4P fighter in the world is questionable too. Wlad? I mean, yeah, he's dominant I guess but he's fighting in what I personally believe is the worst era of HWs in history.

I'd put Froch over Golovkin and Kovalev without question too. No way have either of those guys accomplished a fraction of what Froch has.

I am a bit surprised they still have Marquez in the top five, I guess that is more of a legacy rating (which isn't really what this is about). I think Wlad makes sense at 8, I thought he was way overrated at #2 or #3 according to the Ring.

I think the issue with Showtime fighters is that they did not really put on any good fights this year. If Garcia had a big win I could see him in the top 10 over Kovalev, Who is a beast but his best fight this year was beating up a 50-year-old.

Yeah, I'm not big on Marquez at 3 either. Swap him with Gonzalez.

I think Ward is top 3 in quality, but he has barely fought. Still, if activity is an extremely important category, I don't think Marquez should be as high as #3. I'm shocked they rated Rigo as high as they did considering it's Fat Dan involved. Gonzalez should be a touch higher. Wlad should be higher, as well. Over all, not terrible, though. Inoue might deserve real consideration considering he was already #2 at worst at Junior Flyweight and then skipped a division and stopped the universal #1 at Super Flyweight. Probably more impressive than what the likes of Kovalev, Froch, and Golovkin have done.

I think Ward is top 3 in quality, but he has barely fought. Still, if activity is an extremely important category, I don't think Marquez should be as high as #3. I'm shocked they rated Rigo as high as they did considering it's Fat Dan involved. Gonzalez should be a touch higher. Wlad should be higher, as well. Over all, not terrible, though. Inoue might deserve real consideration considering he was already #2 at worst at Junior Flyweight and then skipped a division and stopped the universal #1 at Super Flyweight. Probably more impressive than what the likes of Kovalev, Froch, and Golovkin have done.

I'm a big Inoue fan, but I don't think it's more impressive than Froch. Kovalev and Golovkin though, you could definitely argue.

Dan is only one of the ten voters.

Marquez is a bit iffy at 3 but he's legit. He's 2-1 in his last 3 fights. A lot of ppl thought he was over the hill and that alvarado would beat him. Juan dominated him all 12 rounds. Sure Mike isn't elite but he's pretty solid and he's never been completely out classed like he was against Juan.

I like Inoue a lot but he isn't top 10 p4p yet. Him vs Roman would be sick shit though. Little guys don't draw too much but if your exciting you can make it on network tv like Donaire did on HBO.

Back