3. wlad
4. gonzalez
5. rigo
6. froch
7. bradley
8. JMM
9. Danny Garcia
10. Uchiyama

five who could easily be here (no order): Inoue, Mikey Garcia (inactivity is what made me keep him off the top ten), Kovalev, Canelo, Golovkin

five for the future: Frampton, Walters, Stevenson (should be at least top 15, but poor matchmaking hurts him, and his biggest win in Dawson just keeps looking worse), Crawford, Brook

What do you think makes Uchiyama better than Yamanaka? Even though he is one of my current favourites (don't have a lot in today's game) I think he has legit arguments to be ranked above Uchiyama.

Also, why don't you think Estrada belongs there?

since when do we care about EPSN rankings ?

Boy, this is a tough group to rank. Klitschko, Marquez, Bradley and Gonzalez all make me scratch my head and resort that list several different ways. Just to take the first name on that list, has anyone (including Mayweather) been as dominant over competition as Klitschko? I don't think so, and you could probably add up rounds won versus rounds lost to prove that point. But on the flipped every fighter in the top 15 has been someone more impressive than Pulev over the past year and it's hard to imagine a 160 pound Klitschko doing anything with a 160 pound Mayweather or Bradley. SMH, I guess that list will do.

The list in the op is so shitty I don't know where to begin.

Roman should be top 5. I'm a big JMM fan but he isn't 3 anymore

A sad reminder of Andre Ward wasting his talent

These are ESPN's final top 10 p4p rankings. Voted by a panel of 10 writers//analyst/reporters

1. Floyd Mayweather Jr.

@FloydMayweather | RECORD: 47-0, 26 KOs

2. Manny Pacquiao

@MannyPacquiao | RECORD: 57-5-2, 38 KOs

3. Juan Manuel Marquez

@jmmarquez_1 | RECORD: 56-7-1, 40 KOs

4. Guillermo Rigondeaux

@RigoElChacal305 | RECORD: 15-0, 10 KOs

5. Timothy Bradley Jr.

@Timbradleyjr | RECORD: 31-1, 12 KOs

6. Gennady Golovkin

@gggboxing | RECORD: 31-0, 28 KOs

7. Roman Gonzalez

@ChocolatitoBox | RECORD: 41-0, 35 KOs

8. Wladimir Klitschko

@Klitschko | RECORD: 63-3, 54 KOs

9. Sergey Kovalev

@KrusherKovalev | RECORD: 26-0-1, 23 KOs

10. Carl Froch

@Carl_Froch | RECORD: 33-2, 24 KOs

espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12122979/rigondeaux-makes-move

wladimir should be number 2 he dominates hos division more then any chump in front of him

wladimir should be number 2 he dominates hos division more then any chump in front of him

Weak competition though.

I'm not sure I support Wlad in the P4P list. I'm not sure when the last time he fought someone that he wasn't a massive favorite against was.

Weak competition though.

I'm not sure I support Wlad in the P4P list. I'm not sure when the last time he fought someone that he wasn't a massive favorite against was.

why is ggg on the list then

he has dominated good hws for 10 years how could he not be on the p4p list

he fights top ten guys in his division and dominates clearly top 5 p4p

why is ggg on the list then

he has dominated good hws for 10 years how could he not be on the p4p list

he fights top ten guys in his division and dominates clearly top 5 p4p

Because he's popular and fights on hbo.

I don't really think Golovkin has the resume either, though I'd say its slightly better than Wlads.

I don't really think Golovkin has the resume either, though I'd say its slightly better than Wlads.

GGG has a certain eye test to him. I don't have him rated top ten (or even top fifteen IMO) until he gets the lineal belt or at least faces Quillin, but so far, there's no denying that he looks good.

but no, Wlad's resume > GGG's resume.
I think Byrd, Chagaev, Haye, Pulev, Povetkin, Peter, Thompson etc... are better than GGG's resume, if only on volume alone.

What do you think makes Uchiyama better than Yamanaka? Even though he is one of my current favourites (don't have a lot in today's game) I think he has legit arguments to be ranked above Uchiyama.

Also, why don't you think Estrada belongs there?

probably longevity and a bit of favoritism. Uchiyama is the man at SFW and has been for a while. Yamanaka's resume might be a bit better, but Uchi really impresses me every time he fights (not that Yamanaka doesn't). Plus, I don't think a win over Vic means quite what it used to (Tunacao is good though, and I like Rungvisai). uchiyama's comp (particularly Miura) seems to be getting better the more we see them too. I'll concede that there's a legit argument for Yamanaka though. Wish we could have seen Uchi/Mikey Garcia or Uchi/Gamboa.

Estrada is a bit overrated IMO. He's not lineal (and I think he loses to Gonzalez again), and I was never that high on Viloria to begin with, and Segura is shot IMO, or at least far from his best. I still rate him top 20ish. If he beats Somebody like Inoue, or Gonzalez, I'll give him top ten.

Top 5 are solid. Froch should be above Golovkin. Hopkins should not be on that list right now. Danny Garcia deserves to be on there more than Canelo does.

Yeah. I guess looking at 2014 in particular I shouldn't have Hopkins on there. lol

Because he's popular and fights on hbo.

Wlad's resume is far better than Golovkin's.

I think his competition has been subpar. I honestly don't see why everyone is ranking him so highly.

He is clearly the best HW in the world and has faced the names to justify the claim. While Golovkin likely is the best MW in the world, he hasn't faced the names to justify that claim. That's the difference I see.

1. Floyd Mayweather
2. Manny Pacquiao
3. Wladimir Klitschko
4. Andre Ward
5. Gennady Golovkin
6. Guillermo Rigondeaux
7. Carl Froch
8. Roman Gonzalez
9. Danny Garcia
10. Canelo Alvarez

Probably how I'd have it.

1. Floyd Mayweather
2. Manny Pacquiao
3. Wladimir Klitschko
4. Andre Ward
5. Gennady Golovkin
6. Guillermo Rigondeaux
7. Carl Froch
8. Roman Gonzalez
9. Danny Garcia
10. Canelo Alvarez

Probably how I'd have it.

Andre ward doesn't belong up there due to inactivity...

Pretty solid list however...I would include jmm.

He is clearly the best HW in the world and has faced the names to justify the claim. While Golovkin likely is the best MW in the world, he hasn't faced the names to justify that claim. That's the difference I see.

True Wlad should be rated higher than Gennady

Back