Kevin Iole place Julianna Pena #1 on WMMA P4P List, Pereira Enters Top 10

I think #1 loses to #3 still despite both improving since their last fight.

RPr2qPr.gif

Iole is just a horned up sleazeball, no way you can legit claim Pena as P4P #1 solely off her fluky win over Nunes & ignoring the rematch as well as the time she got submitted by a kickboxer.

ahem.

Not only did she get choked out by a kickboxer, but she did it while she herself had said kickboxer basically mounted:

1701140991143.png

Absolutely embarrassing stuff.

MMA journalist Kevin Iole put out his MMA pound for pound list for Yahoo Sports recently. I know these lists are very subjective (and many Sherbros think they are quite useless), and each lists weighs different criteria differently. Still, I’m not sure how he came to the conclusion with Pena as #1. Based on any of the common criteria’s used (champion status, strength of schedule, wins, record etc) still can’t see how he came up with that conclusion. Off the top of my head, I can’t see Pena in the top 10 p4p currently with fighters like Zhang, Cyborg, Valentina and Grasso active.

He also dropped Israel out of the top 10.

Here’s his list:

1. Jon Jones (27-1), UFC heavyweight champion. Previous Ranking: 1.

2. Islam Makhachev (25-1), UFC lightweight champion. Previous Ranking: 2.

3. Alexander Volkanovski (25-3), UFC featherweight champion. Previous Ranking: 3.

4. Leon Edwards (21-3), UFC welterweight champion. Previous Ranking: 4.

5. Khamzat Chimaev (13-0), UFC middleweight contender. Previous Ranking: 5.

6. Sean O’Malley (17-1), UFC bantamweight champion. Previous Ranking: 6.

7. Charles Oliveira (33-9), former UFC lightweight champion. Previous Ranking: 7.

8. Kamaru Usman (20-4), former UFC welterweight champion. Previous Ranking: 8.

9. Justin Gaethje (25-4), UFC lightweight contender. Previous Ranking: 9.

10. Alex Pereira (9-2), UFC light heavyweight champion. Previous Ranking: NR.

Women’s MMA pound-for-pound rankings as of Nov. 27​

1. Julianna Peña (12-5), UFC bantamweight contender. Previous Ranking: 1.

2. Alexa Grasso (16-3), UFC flyweight champion. Previous Ranking: 2.

3. Valentina Shevchenko (23-4), former UFC flyweight champion. Previous Ranking: 3.

4. Zhang Weili (24-3), UFC strawweight champion. Previous Ranking: 4.

5. Cris "Cyborg" Justino (27-2), Bellator featherweight champion. Previous Ranking: 5.

6. Erin Blanchfield (11-1), UFC flyweight contender. Previous Ranking: 6.

7. Manon Fiorot (11-1), UFC flyweight contender. Previous Ranking: 7.

8. Tatiana Suarez (10-0), UFC strawweight contender. Previous Ranking: 8.

9. Raquel Pennington (15-8), UFC bantamweight contender. Previous Ranking: 9.

10. Larissa Pacheco (23-4), 2023 PFL lightweight champion. Previous Ranking: 10.

Source:

Kevin needs to retire, that dude is clearly too old to see what's right in front of him.

Pena?...GTFOH

Disgusting. Just because of a fluke, she got P4P #1 over Alexa or Shevchenko with lots more accomplishments? This jerk should retire. I guess, one fluke win over the WMMA GOAT makes the history of great wins by Alexa and Valentina irrelevant in this dumba**es mind.

Those flailing windmill punches really make for a P4P #1 ROFL What a joke!

Last edited:
Kevin needs to retire, that dude is clearly too old to see what's right in front of him.

Pena?...GTFOH
Usually on a pound for pound list I can see the argument for and against… this one was just wtf?

I think he thinks Pena is Nunes... it says his previous ranking for her was #1...
This is the only plausible explanation for me… though Nunes is retired so don’t think he’d put her on the list

Yikes, that list is terrible. He's got 3 lw's on there, including one who's never held a belt, he's got khamzat at 5 despite him never having beat a champ, yet no strickland who is the actual 185 champ?? Crazy. No flw at all there. And don't even want to begin to break down the female list.

What has Khamzat done to deserve n.5 p4p?

Pena probably isnt even top 10 p4p

Yikes, that list is terrible. He's got 3 lw's on there, including one who's never held a belt, he's got khamzat at 5 despite him never having beat a champ, yet no strickland who is the actual 185 champ?? Crazy. No flw at all there. And don't even want to begin to break down the female list.
That was my initial thought too…

Probably just some cheap trick so that people talk about him, it's otherwise hard to defend.

I have Zhang as #1 WMMA P4P. her last 3 fights were not very competitive and she has been champion for longer than Grasso and Pena isn't champion.

What the fuck is Khumsock doing on a p4p list?

Imagine being a fan of that doofus.

If you check his previous positions, they are all basically the same, apart from Pereira showing up at number 10. Clueless then, clueless now.

Khamzat #5 despite him literally only ever beating guys who were smaller than him? Yeah, okay. Literally the opposite of what pound for pound is supposed to mean.

Back