Wlad
Rigo
Bradley
Jmm
Roman
Gennady
Sergei
Froch

No Danny for me, his 2014 was shit. If he would of beaten someone in the top 5 maybe even Lamont he could warrant 10. Canelo is almost there probably 12th on my list.

WTF. In 2014, Wlad fought Kubrat Pulev and Alex Lepai. You guys are crazy.

WTF. In 2014, Wlad fought Kubrat Pulev and Alex Lepai. You guys are crazy.

As much as I don't think much of Pulev, he's likely better relative to his division than anyone Golovkin has beaten this year at MW. There is also the fact that he has clearly been the best HW in the world for awhile whereas Golovkin doesn't have the wins to back up the claim that he is the best MW even if he is in reality.

Weak competition though.

I'm not sure I support Wlad in the P4P list. I'm not sure when the last time he fought someone that he wasn't a massive favorite against was.

I'm not sure when the last time pbf fought someone that he wasn't a massive favorite against was.

Talk about a weak argument. Just because Wlad is an all time great, he shouldn't be high on a p4p list? Give me a break. He has beat every top fighter available.

The competition hasn't been weak, let it go. Lepai, yes but he's just staying active.

1. Floyd Mayweather
2. Manny Pacquiao
3. Wladimir Klitschko
4. Andre Ward
5. Gennady Golovkin
6. Guillermo Rigondeaux
7. Carl Froch
8. Roman Gonzalez
9. Danny Garcia
10. Canelo Alvarez

Probably how I'd have it.

Shouldn't Canelo be higher than Garcia?

Talk about a weak argument. Just because Wlad is an all time great, he shouldn't be high on a p4p list? Give me a break. He has beat every top fighter available.
Yeah, no one said anything like that.

I don't believe beating Pulev and Lepai rockets him to number 3 on a p4p list. The notion is ridiculous.

Shouldn't Canelo be higher than Garcia?

I think it's 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other. Garcia beat Khan, Morales, Judah, Mathysse, Herrera. Canelo beat Mosley, Trout, Angulo, Lara. I would actually give Garcia the slight edge.

Even then. Who has he fought in the last 5 years that was special? Povetkin? lol

I agree with Seano here, I think having Wlad in the top 10 IS giving him credit for dominance and longevity. None of his individual wins warrant a top 10 p4p spot. I think he's ranked appropriately in the bottom half of the top 10.

Even then. Who has he fought in the last 5 years that was special? Povetkin? lol

So if beating Haye, Povetkin, Pulev etc isn't enough, how could he, by your standards be top three on a p4p list?

I swear, sometimes I think you are being provocative just to get attention.

The bottom line is - Wlad has beaten and keeps beating every top contender they put in front of him. That's enough for me. At least he's not avoiding anyone...

So if beating Haye, Povetkin, Pulev etc isn't enough, how could he, by your standards be top three on a p4p list?
He fought Haye over 3 years ago. Where were all of those guys ranked P4P, BTW?

I swear, sometimes I think you are being provocative just to get attention.
No one cares what you think. Support your argument with facts, not snide childish statements.

The bottom line is - Wlad has beaten and keeps beating every top contender they put in front of him. That's enough for me. At least he's not avoiding anyone...
Dominating shitty competition doesn't make a guy one of the top 10 fighters in the world for me. I don't think you can make a case for the quality of his competition being anywhere near P4P level and I'm sure you won't try either.

I guess my list would look like this, but it probably wouldn't be too difficult for someone to change my mind.

1. Floyd
2. Pac
3. Rigo
4. Gonzales
5. Wlad
6. Bradley
7. JMM
8. GGG
9. Froch
10. Garcia

I had Bradley above Wlad and Gonzales before he had that uninspired performance against Chaves.

Wlad over Bradley and Froch? Come on son. You're trolling me now.

I'm not even going to bother posting the Nic Cage gif for that one.

Wlad over Bradley and Froch? Come on son. You're trolling me now.

I'm not even going to bother posting the Nic Cage gif for that one.

lol I had Bradley well above Wlad up until a few weeks ago. But Bradley just lost to Pac and had a draw with unheralded Chaves, even if you think it was a bit of a robbery you HAVE to drop him some after going an entire year without a win.

Froch had 1 great win this year, but it was also his only fight in 2014. He's a very good fighter, but not a top 5 p4p guy. When he faced a true top 5 P4P guy he got thoroughly outboxed much like Canelo did against Floyd. Canelo ain't on this list.

In an hour I might feel differently. Shit, in 10 minutes I might feel differently. But right now I got Wlad above Froch and Bradley.

You are just too much Sean. Wlad obviously can't move between divisions. No brainer. Then what can he do? He can beat the best guys in the most dangerous division. Check!
What else can he do? He can win in style. Check!

And the fact that there is no big american HW doesn't mean they are shitty. Sure it's not the best through history but you (and some other guys) make is sound like the rest is pure shit and it's not.

Of course, p4p is subjective but I see Wlad as number three in the world behind Floyd and Ward (if you include him).

And you didn't answer me. What should he do to get some love from you? It's not like he could get a higher KO percentage for example.

Wlad wins in style? I think it'd be easier to make the argument that he has the least fan friendly style of any champion in boxing right now.

Seano did you write your top 10 list yet? You can't troll all of our lists without posting your own, fucker. lol.

Wlad wins in style? I think it'd be easier to make the argument that he has the least fan friendly style of any champion in boxing right now.

With style I mean, beating top competition by KO. Who has a better ratio than him against the best in their division? I'm not talking about how it looks.

With style I mean, beating top competition by KO. Who has a better ratio than him against the best in their division? I'm not talking about how it looks.

Yeah he does knock out the best guys in his division. I just think the guys in his division are the worst in boxing.

But being that he does knock them out, and rarely struggles to do so, I have him at #5 in the entire world. I think that's pretty high for a guy that hasn't had very talented opponents.

If Wilder goes out and beats the shit out of Stivirne, then Wlad knocks the shit out of Wilder, I'll be impressed.

Do you think Wilder vs Wlad would be a PPV fight?

You are just too much Sean. Wlad obviously can't move between divisions. No brainer. Then what can he do? He can beat the best guys in the most dangerous division. Check!

And the fact that there is no big american HW doesn't mean they are shitty. Sure it's not the best through history but you (and some other guys) make is sound like the rest is pure shit and it's not.

Of course, p4p is subjective but I see Wlad as number three in the world behind Floyd and Ward (if you include him).

And you didn't answer me. What should he do to get some love from you? It's not like he could get a higher KO percentage for example.

It doesn't matter what weight he's at. Shit competition is shit competition. Pound for pound ranks aren't based on how well you think a guy would do at other weights. Its based on accomplishments compared to other top fighters and I don't think Wlad has the resume to be #3 p4p. No way. Dominating arguably the worst HW division in history doesn't do it.

There's no way you could logically support Wlad at #3. I'm sorry, that just doesn't make sense. You have to break down his competition. Look at Leapai. Does the guy have a significant win on his resume? Pulevs best recent wins are perenniel loser Tony Thompson and Chris Arreola victim Joey Abbell. Going back further, Povetkin is a solid win but not in anyone's top 100 p4p. Then theres Pianeta, who had no business in the ring with Wlad at all and then we have to go back 3 and a half years to find another significant win.

Come on, there's no way Wlad is the #3 P4P fighter in the world. ESPECIALLY for 2014.

Back