Fighters you secretly had high hopes for.

Actually i thought the same about Gouveia...glad i'am not alone lol.

When Melvin Guillard tore apart Evan Dunham, I thought for sure he was on the way the to a title shot. And... yeah...

Erick Silva

I had such high hopes but he has been nothing but a letdown
One more fight though...

Same.

I met him in Vegas during Anderson/Chael II and rode the tram with him to the expo. He was real cool and friendly, and when we got to the expo, he went to a booth while I waited in line to get a pic with him and Okami lol.

Afterwards, I told my buddy (who doesn't follow MMA, but also got his picture taken with Erick)to hang on to the picture because one day that man is gonna be a UFC champion.

Still waiting.

Gomi (UFC), Randleman, Terry Etim, Michael Bisping (at one point in time), Mac Danzig, Erick Silva (I still hold out hope), Gina Carano (sigh), etc.

oluwale-bamgbose_540747_left_stance_thumbnail.png

I want to believe

Lim, Thatch... Erick Silva looked potentially dominant for awhile... I still maintain that Cody Mckenzie had some sort of weird potential... Not championship level, but the dude squandered himself by being completely nuts. Him and Mayhem.

Has to be JDS for me. For a while it looked like he was gonna hold the HW title for a while. Those Cain beatings took a toll on his soul, let alone his body.

Erick Silva, Travis Browne (for some reason), Rua, CroCop

Has to be JDS for me. For a while it looked like he was gonna hold the HW title for a while. Those Cain beatings took a toll on his soul, let alone his body.

Troll post? He's the former champ and second or third best guy in the division. He was never a dark horse and why on earth would you be embarrassed to be a fan?

Jamie Varner's 2nd UFC stint- Especially after he destroyed Barboza.
Vinny Magalhaes 2nd UFC stint-Not after he got KO'd by Perosh.
Lavar Johnson-Exciting KO machine.....not much ground game.

Back