Fighters you secretly had high hopes for.

Jimmy hettes...what happened to him?

seconded nover. probably one of my biggest disappointments after how much a fan he made me on TUF. interesting to see him back, but i'm not going to bet on him going very far.

Also as far as TUF grads go, I thought Jonathan Brookins was gonna be top 10 within a year or so.

316274-d446e89c-b7cb-11e4-89a7-658c9eaa89c0.jpg

He may still be in with a chance if he gets on a run.

I'm still pretty high on him. He talked about how he was getting overconfident and slipped up in the last fight. He didn't look bad in it and I'm expecting him to rebound. James Vick is also pretty underrated too imo. They're both good prospects and one of them had to lose.

Last edited:
i had high hopes for oliynyk. he had the skill and the experience to make a run at the title and started off 2-0. he's not really a disappointment, but it sounds like he's injured and may not be coming back, choosing to pursue a career as a chef.

Been a few for me. Charlie brenneman was one that I didn't admit to friends I thought was gonna be bad ass. I'll try and remember some more.

Every Japanese fighter ever in the UFC. Seriously though, Hatsu Hioki. Unlike the majority of the Japanese fighters that have come into the UFC hyped, Hioki was actually in his prime. Seemed like the skills were all there but he couldn't put it together, he always found a way to shit the bed.

Gonzaga

Thought he was gonna eat Randy alive & become HW king for a while

Drew mcfedries was fun to watch, I was really high on Dustin hazelett

Diego Brandao after winning TUF.

Feijao.

Paul Daley.

Sherman Pendergarst. Looked like a beast against Antoni Hardonk before the leg kick from hell. Silva came into the ring and you could hear him say on TV that he'd be called back up. Unfortunately that call never came. Sherman went on a long skid after that, and died of a heart attack I believe. RIP "The Tank."

Chris Horodecki. Started out really well, but hasn't put together a good run in a while. He's only 27, so still has time.

Lim Hyun-Gyu
Matt Mitrione
Dustin Poirier
Alexander Gus (until he started trying to duck fights)

Back