Fighters you secretly had high hopes for.

Sara McMann. Has great hands with real power but poor fighter IQ, poor gas tank and bad bottom game. Still hot though

Yeah this would've been mine. My older brothers got me on Thunder's hype train just a few fights before he got the title shot against Silva. I got all my friends into it, ordered the fights, came out dissapointed and embarrassed.

Marvin Eastman
Joe Doerkson
Mike Ricci
Michihiro Omigawa (his return to the UFC)
Brock Larson

I was always super high on Jamie Varner. One of my all time favs with all the skills, just couldn't seem to put it all together.

No one more than this.

2941569577_83eebfed37_medium.jpg

Swanson, Dustin Poiror , Johnathon Brookings , Diego Brandao ,Nate the Great .
I'm sure there are more but these are the fresh one's in my mind .

George Sots, but he got badly exposed for his low level striking and wrestling.

Had high hopes for Sots as well after watching him dominate Stevenson live at UFC 110. Thought he'd be able to take down and beat on Siver as well, but I don't think he was able to get a single takedown the entire fight. Siver made him look like a bum standing. It was all downhill after that fight.

I used to think Melvin Guillard was gonna be champ. Always found a way to get submitted in big fights.

Kimo Leopoldo
Tank Abbott
Kurt Pellegrino
Jason Macdonald
Wes sims
Brian ebersole
Kamal shalorus
Kendall grove
Goran reljic

There are so many but these probably are my tops that I don't think I've seen mentioned yet. Great question because it is fun reminiscing about fighters past.

I remember I thought Wilson Gouveia was going to make huge splashes in the UFC but was too embarassed to say it. Thank fucks though, as he turned out a disappointment..

Any "dark horses" you guys thought would be good but turned out meh?

Houston Alexander (KOd Keith Jardine and Alessio Sakara, then lost 3 in a row.)

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (KOd Big Nog and Arona in Pride, then went 1-2 in the UFC.)

Depends on how you define "high hopes". If you mean you thought they would be champ I'd go with Faber, the Reem, and wanderlei. If you mean you just thought they'd perform better than they have... Hall, Penn, T. Silva

Gurgel is one that comes to mind, he was rich franklins jj coach and when he came to the UFC I was expecting to see him show off his ground skills but instead he wanted to strike with everyone lol

I remember I thought Wilson Gouveia was going to make huge splashes in the UFC but was too embarassed to say it. Thank fucks though, as he turned out a disappointment..

Any "dark horses" you guys thought would be good but turned out meh?

Crocop

Comeback Vitor

Back