Fighters you secretly had high hopes for.

Aljamain Sterling, John Lineker, Uriah Hall and Frankie Saenz.

316274-d446e89c-b7cb-11e4-89a7-658c9eaa89c0.jpg

He may still be in with a chance if he gets on a run.

Lol, he just turned 21 a week ago. Probably a decade away from even being in his prime as a fighter. What exactly were you expecting from him at this stage (keeping in mind that he's 8-1 overall, and 2-1 in the UFC so far)?

Nate Marquardt.

marquardt_misaki11_7_2004.jpg

I wouldn't call his career a disappointment by any means as he was a Pancrase champ, challenged for UFC gold, won SF gold and has an amazing highlight reel, but after his tekken finish of Gouveia:

ri4MpxE.gif

...and his one-timing of Demian Maia:

2v807b9.jpg

...I thought for sure he'd be the one whom Silva would eventually pass the torch to. Then he went 2-2 in his next four fights, losing one sided decisions to Sonnen and Okami and left for StrikeForce. He produced my personal favorite KO combo of all time on Tyron Woodley:

iM7kQiLCAcJ2j.gif

...and took his belt, rejuvenating my hope in him only for him to go 1-5 in his next six fights, getting badly KO'd multiple times. That armbar win over James Te-Huna had me cheering like a madman.

1396534360_emelianenko-aleksander.si.jpg

I still think he would have had an awesome career, if he was 50 % as disciplined as his brother.

riccorodriguez_twitter_62.jpg

The same.

Rack disciprine...

Backstrom and that Japanese guy with the mask who recently started losing, now it's Till.

Sergio Moraes - but he has been very inactive overall. He has won three straight since his loss in the TUF finale (which was outside of his normal weightclass), including a win over Neal Magny in 2013.

I wanted Phil Baroni to do well when he came back to the UFC, but I didn't tell a soul, because I didn't think it would happen.

Chieck Kongo and Josh Grispi.

One fights in Bellator and one fights with demons.

Back