Fighters that should retire immediately

prime_lobov

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Who are some current fighters who you are worried will go on a James Vick style skid if they don’t quit fighting immediately? I’ll start:

1. Tony Ferguson - I’m actually concerned that his mental issues combined with CTE will cause him to commit suicide soon. He really needs to quit fighting now.

2. Justin Gaethje - He just got flatlined by a featherweight. His chin is now cracked and he’ll be KO’d every fight now.

3. Volkanovski - He made a big mistake getting KO’d by Islam then immediately coming back. Topuria soul crushed him and he probably won’t win another fight against a top 10 opponent. If he retires he can retain much of his legacy.

4. Max Holloway - he should pull out and retire before Topuri brutally KO’s him. His nine lives are up and Topuria will crack his chin and stiffen him. Max relies too much on his chin and will be knocked out repeatedly after Topuria cracks him.

5. Dominic Reyes - this guy should never have come back after Jiri annihilated him. Now he gets one win against a can and thinks he’s back? No, he need to retire or get massive CTE.

6. Izzy - doesn’t have anything left to prove and is now on a 2 fight losing streak, with the loss against Strickland being an embarrassment. If he hangs it up now, he can avoid extending his losing streak.

Volk and Izzy? They are still in their prime. Max looks better than before. If they feel they are not in it anymore they should retire but that could be at any age.

Who are some current fighters who you are worried will go on a James Vick style skid if they don’t quit fighting immediately? I’ll start:

1. Tony Ferguson - I’m actually concerned that his mental issues combined with CTE will cause him to commit suicide soon. He really needs to quit fighting now.

2. Justin Gaethje - He just got flatlined by a featherweight. His chin is now cracked and he’ll be KO’d every fight now.

3. Volkanovski - He made a big mistake getting KO’d by Islam then immediately coming back. Topuria soul crushed him and he probably won’t win another fight against a top 10 opponent. If he retires he can retain much of his legacy.

4. Max Holloway - he should pull out and retire before Topuri brutally KO’s him. His nine lives are up and Topuria will crack his chin and stiffen him. Max relies too much on his chin and will be knocked out repeatedly after Topuria cracks him.

5. Dominic Reyes - this guy should never have come back after Jiri annihilated him. Now he gets one win against a can and thinks he’s back? No, he need to retire or get massive CTE.

6. Izzy - doesn’t have anything left to prove and is now on a 2 fight losing streak, with the loss against Strickland being an embarrassment. If he hangs it up now, he can avoid extending his losing streak.
lol a bit dramatic,no? with this logic 50% of rhe roster should retire.

Out of this list, only Ferg should retire

Agree with Tony and Dom
disagree with Max and Izzy

Volk and Gaethje need to fight each other next then we can put them in the discussion.

Volk and Izzy? They are still in their prime. Max looks better than before. If they feel they are not in it anymore they should retire but that could be at any age.
Volk and Izzy definitely have some fight left, but they're clearly past their primes.

bait.gif

Try harder

You started strong with the obvious right answer and then immediately shit the bed. All of the rest are nonsense.

Back