Fight Rumor: Joanne Calderwood vs. Michelle Waterson

Michelle Waterson or Joanne Calderwood

• Total voters
Cutie vs. Cutie. I hate to see this go down :-(

The UFC could have made Ham vs. Waterson and Calderwood vs. Rawlings: two fights that most fans have always wanted to see. Instead they made AW vs. Amazon part I and part II. Hmmm....

Jarl

dem heavy bones..

14274812424_769c718e9c_o.gif

Dude, you're wrong. Don't argue with me about this. Michelle is one of my best friends, (she favorited a Twitter post of mine in 2012) and that gif is like 6 years old, when she walked around about 10lbs less than she does now.

Her last few fights at 105 were HARD weight cuts. In fact, the last one probably played a huge part in her defeat.

Ham was never a big 105er, and she even avoided Waterson when offered a shot at the belt because she felt Michelle was too big.

At this point, honestly, I think you are trolling. Waterson is an average size 115er and Ham is a small one. Everyone who knows anything knows this.

Last edited:
The UFC could have made Ham vs. Waterson and Calderwood vs. Rawlings: two fights that most fans have always wanted to see. Instead they made AW vs. Amazon part I and part II. Hmmm....

Jarl

Michelle would be expected to murk the unranked, undersized Ham and get only a small boost if she won.

Pandering to us weirdo WMMA hardcores and our fantasy matchups isn't high on their list, unfortunately. :[

Maybe fortunately. I think the fights they made have a greater chance of being competitive.

Jarl
I agree with you, but at this point I'm just happy to see more 115 fights scheduled. And like SeverianB pointed out, Calderwood is a better fight for Michelle to take to work towards a title shot.

I'm not following your reasoning beyond 'Waterson is more well rounded', which is true.

She is almost exactly the same size as Ham. Same height, also moving up from AW.

A flying armbar isn't something I would wager on, and I really don't understand how you imagine Waterson even getting Calderwood down. There is a chance that Jojo blunders into something herself, but I'm guessing that she is wiser now, has her mind in the right place, and that her new trainers will instruct her to keep it standing all the way.

If Jojo follows the plan, this will be a standup fight and I just don't see what Michelle has in her arsenal to win there; even against Rose, who is long and very quick, she was not too troubled by the kicks. The only thing she has had trouble with (in spots) is good boxers, which Michelle is not.

Michelle beats Jojo and makes it look easy. Will bump afterwards to embarrass you.

Her last few fights at 105 were HARD weight cuts. In fact, the last one probably played a huge part in her defeat.

lol, come on. No shame in losing to Herica Tiburcio. She's tiny but took Gadelha to a decision.

Cutie vs. Cutie. I hate to see this go down :-(
I hope JoJo wins but at the same time I don't want to see Waterson lose. Should be a good fight nonetheless

Very, very interesting match up. Could be a fun back & forth battle. I think as long as Jojo keeps it standing(which I think she will) she has it. Especially with the help of Tristar! :p
Also, that size advantage.

Jojo UD

I feel like JoJo has lost her confidence to just attack and hasn't really shaken off some of the personal stuff either. She has not looked good in her fights but it has been at least partly due to being tentative and just not looking comfortable in there. She hasn't finished a fight in 3 years. I think if he doesn't have some success early Waterson is going to overwhelm her.

I hope JoJo has been training grappling. If so, she's got a UD

CPH is a JoJo ride or die bitch, setting himself up for further disappointment.

Waterson by submission or UD.

Waterson's going to maul JoJo.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back