Fight Rumor: Joanne Calderwood vs. Michelle Waterson

Michelle Waterson or Joanne Calderwood

• Total voters
i find 'disrespectful' for the sport picking Jojo instead of KH.

Jojo is still a question mark to me, she never impressed even in victory and to be honest i can't understand how people here are so excited about her (speaking about fighting).

Michelle will be her absolute toughest opponent since Kankaanpaa. She may only have one loss, but continues to look unimpressive even in victory.

Michelle will have the experience, speed advantage, the cardio, and will have the important intangible of being coached by Greg Jackson. Jojo will walk out of the Octagon with a 2-2 record in the UFC.

Michelle is deceptively strong, but is also faster, won't gas, and will have a great game plan by Greg Jackson, who will have already picked apart Joanne's already known weaknesses, and probably find a few more.
shovel-keep-digging.jpg

Seems kind of nutty to me to be really sure of this fight being a wash in either direction. Both have fought good opposition, faced adversity, been finished, etc.

Waterson isn't that small, and Jojo wasn't going to get beat up by Paige Vanzant.

Strawweight KH looks rather built. Size difference could be less significant than anticipated. I mean, Jojo is taller and rangier but perhaps not markedly stronger.

Interesting. Today, Joanne and Michelle swapped places in the UFC rankings.

Michelle is now at #8 and Joanne is at #10. I'm not sure it really matters for anything except who gets to walkout last.

http://www.ufc.com/rankings

One thing we can all agree on is they finally did right by putting KK over Markos. Sorry, @Homeless Infant

Interesting. Today, Joanne and Michelle swapped places in the UFC rankings.

Michelle is now at #8 and Joanne is at #10. I'm not sure it really matters for anything except who gets to walkout last.

http://www.ufc.com/rankings

One thing we can all agree on is they finally did right by putting KK over Markos. Sorry, @Homeless Infant
Fucking hell, their rankings are awful...

But yes, they finally got it right by having KK over Randa.

Seems kind of nutty to me to be really sure of this fight being a wash in either direction. Both have fought good opposition, faced adversity, been finished, etc.

Waterson isn't that small, and Jojo wasn't going to get beat up by Paige Vanzant.

I don't think Jojo is all that much better than Herrig. Paige would've beat her.

I don't think Jojo is all that much better than Herrig. Paige would've beat her.

I tend to agree. As bad as her skills, or lack thereof, is, I think Paige would've out worked JoJo. She would've put on the pressure,mand not stopped. I would've cheered for JoJo had the fight gone down, though.

i find 'disrespectful' for the sport picking Jojo instead of KH.

Jojo is still a question mark to me, she never impressed even in victory and to be honest i can't understand how people here are so excited about her (speaking about fighting).

Jojo wrecked shit in Invicta. Never looked the same from TUF 20 onwards (her fight against Seo Heem Ham was very entertaining, though).

Jojo wrecked shit in Invicta. Never looked the same from TUF 20 onwards (her fight against Seo Heem Ham was very entertaining, though).
Her opponents started fighting back is her problem.

So many doubting the KO whisperer. How times have changed.

Michelle training like a beast, doing weighted sprints:

Looks like Michelle's hand is healing well, she might be ready to go when UFC 199 or 200 roll around.

Back