Fight Rumor: Joanne Calderwood vs. Michelle Waterson

Michelle Waterson or Joanne Calderwood

• Total voters
I'd rather see Calderwood vs. Vanzant like it was originally planned, then see Michelle Waterson vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz

I would actually like these match ups as well, especially JoJo vs Paige since it would be an easy win for JoJo. But that is also why we will not see this fight. They will probably match up Paige with Angela Magana since she is one of the few fighters left that Paige can actually beat. :rolleyes:

I would actually like these match ups as well, especially JoJo vs Paige since it would be an easy win for JoJo. But that is also why we will not see this fight. They will probably match up Paige with Angela Magana since she is one of the few fighters left that Paige can actually beat. :rolleyes:
You're probably right, Paige hasn't got anything for any of the top 15.

Most adorable fight in the history of fighting if true.

You're probably right, Paige hasn't got anything for any of the top 15.

Agreed .. I have actually grown to respect Paige because she handled that ass whooping Rose gave her like a champ. But I could always see that she wasn't skilled enough to handle the top girls. She has time to improve, but it will be a minute before she can hang with the Top 10.

Agreed .. I have actually grown to respect Paige because she handled that ass whooping Rose gave her like a champ. But I could always see that she wasn't skilled enough to handle the top girls. She has time to improve, but it will be a minute before she can hang with the Top 10.
Rose is only 23 and she looked like a veteran against Paige, she will probably be champ in a couple of years.

You crazeeeeeee!

I like most of the fighters at 115 but I think Joanna, Claudia, and Val whoop anyone else on the roster.

I don't disagree, Train .. but OP said "in a few years". A lot can happen/change in a few years .. like JJ's retirement. ;)

I don't disagree, Train .. but OP said "in a few years". A lot can happen/change in a few years .. like JJ's retirement. ;)
tumblr_nz7ubtaaIw1u38djvo1_400.gif

Most adorable fight in the history of fighting if true.

They really do have two of the nicest voices in WMMA. Lots of female fighters sound like they have been taking lots of male hormones and washing them down with whiskey and a 3 pack a day habit. Not these ladies.

i think if shes happy she fights well, and a lot depends on her corner, i think jojo wins......and severian jumps off the nearest building :D

Wwy5uXJ.jpg

Waterson is quite a bit larger than Ham and has shown a more well rounded skillset.

Let's put it this way: Michelle Waterson is basically a more experienced Rose Namajunas in a shorter but thicker body. She was finishing fighters in 15 seconds with flying armbars before Rose knew what one was.

Calderwood did not look good against Rose. That's what people are expecting here.

I'm not following your reasoning beyond 'Waterson is more well rounded', which is true.

She is almost exactly the same size as Ham. Same height, also moving up from AW.

A flying armbar isn't something I would wager on, and I really don't understand how you imagine Waterson even getting Calderwood down. There is a chance that Jojo blunders into something herself, but I'm guessing that she is wiser now, has her mind in the right place, and that her new trainers will instruct her to keep it standing all the way.

If Jojo follows the plan, this will be a standup fight and I just don't see what Michelle has in her arsenal to win there; even against Rose, who is long and very quick, she was not too troubled by the kicks. The only thing she has had trouble with (in spots) is good boxers, which Michelle is not.

She is almost exactly the same size as Ham. Same height, also moving up from AW.

No.

A flying armbar isn't something I would wager on,

Uh, nobody is wagering on a flying armbar, what are you talking about?

and I really don't understand how you imagine Waterson even getting Calderwood down. There is a chance that Jojo blunders into something herself, but I'm guessing that she is wiser now, has her mind in the right place, and that her new trainers will instruct her to keep it standing all the way.

So, despite the fact she has been taken down and submitted before, it's not going to happen again because..... hope?

If Jojo follows the plan, this will be a standup fight and I just don't see what Michelle has in her arsenal to win there; even against Rose, who is long and very quick, she was not too troubled by the kicks. The only thing she has had trouble with (in spots) is good boxers, which Michelle is not.

Waterson only loses fights to people who are faster than her. JoJo is not. In any case, she's probably going for a magic Suplex ride.

If you can't even admit that Waterson and Ham are nearly identical in size (5'2'' vs 5'3'', both coming straight from the Atoms) then what's the point right? Let's just see how our predictions work out...

If you can't even admit that Waterson and Ham are nearly identical in size (5'2'' vs 5'3'', both coming straight from the Atoms) then what's the point right? Let's just see how our predictions work out...

Are you really using height and the fact that they both used to fight as AW as your marker for size comparisons? o_O

You are forgetting bone structure, and body mass index .. Severian is right, Michelle is considerably bigger than Ham and would have to amputate a limb to make AW again. Michelle has to legitimately cut weight (15 pds) to make SW, Ham most likely cuts no more than 5 pounds to make SW.

Are you really using height and the fact that they both used to fight as AW as your marker for size comparisons? o_O

You are forgetting bone structure, and body mass index .. Severian is right, Michelle is considerably bigger than Ham and would have to amputate a limb to make AW again. Michelle has to legitimately cut weight (15 pds) to make SW, Ham most likely cuts no more than 5 pounds to make SW.

LOL Yes really. What other facts are available? Where are your sources for "thicker bones"?

The are nearly identical in height and we're both eyeballing the "thickness". To any neutral observer, Michelle does not look naturally thicker. Again, the girls are listed at 5'2'' and 5'3'' - if you see a big difference in thickness here you are dreaming...

460316692-strawweight-seohee-ham-poses-for-a-portrait-gettyimages.jpg

480258490-michelle-waterson-poses-for-a-portrait-gettyimages.jpg

dem heavy bones..

14274812424_769c718e9c_o.gif

My brain says Waterson my heart says JoJo

LOL Yes really. What other facts are available? Where are your sources for "thicker bones"?

The are nearly identical in height and we're both eyeballing the "thickness". To any neutral observer, Michelle does not look naturally thicker. Again, the girls are listed at 5'2'' and 5'3'' - if you see a big difference in thickness here you are dreaming...

460316692-strawweight-seohee-ham-poses-for-a-portrait-gettyimages.jpg

480258490-michelle-waterson-poses-for-a-portrait-gettyimages.jpg

You can stay with your perception of reality (based on??), and I will stick to my perception of reality based on my professional experience .. it's fine, we can't all agree. :)

Back