Fight Rumor: Joanne Calderwood vs. Michelle Waterson

Michelle Waterson or Joanne Calderwood

• Total voters
Ham is a better striker than Waterson so unless Calderwood throws this fight away, it is hers. What are people expecting here?
Waterson is quite a bit larger than Ham and has shown a more well rounded skillset.

Let's put it this way: Michelle Waterson is basically a more experienced Rose Namajunas in a shorter but thicker body. She was finishing fighters in 15 seconds with flying armbars before Rose knew what one was.

Calderwood did not look good against Rose. That's what people are expecting here.

I got The Karate Hottie in this one...( Cant wait for the weigh in !! )

Hmm .. very interesting match up. JoJo will have the size advantage, but at this point I think Michelle is better everywhere, except the clinch where I think JoJo may have her greatest advantage besides her size.

Based on the last performance from each girl, I favor KH for this one, but not counting Tristar JoJo either. Good fight.

I was expecting great things from Tristar Markos, we saw how that went. Val and Randa left. Maybe Joanne clicks, but right now I'm wary of Tristar and female fighters.

Michelle is going to be even more of a cardio machine than ever for her next fight. I see her pushing a Condit like pace.... the whole fight.

Waterson walks thru Calderwood is my prediction in this, like others Ive not seen anything that impressive from Calderwood, she did not look good at all in her last fight even though she won

Fuck.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Damn it, I love both fighters but gotta give it to the champ Karate Hottie.

Heart says Jojo, mind says hottie. I so badly want to see Jojo back murking fools like she was, but I don't know. She's been inconsistent lately. Always a fan. Also hear she's single now, so... 'Sup?

Like both fighters, hopefully it comes to pass but it will be a long way away.

Waterson wins.

Like both fighters, hopefully it comes to pass but it will be a long way away.

Waterson wins.

The UFC wants Waterson on a big card. They tried to put her on 194.

Calderwood vs. Waterson on UFC 200. No doubt in my mind.

Unmotivated Calderwood is going to have tough time in the UFC. Michelle Waterson is much better.

I was expecting great things from Tristar Markos, we saw how that went. Val and Randa left. Maybe Joanne clicks, but right now I'm wary of Tristar and female fighters.

Michelle is going to be even more of a cardio machine than ever for her next fight. I see her pushing a Condit like pace.... the whole fight.

Well, I was trying not to go there, and remain a little optimistic because JoJo needed a new camp regardless, and Tristar at least cannot be any worse. But I thought Randa was technically still with Tristar, but only returned to Windsor because her fight was over, and to of course be with her husband?

This should be a good fight regardless .. hopefully we get an official announcement and date soon. :)

I really want JoJo to win this. I love her

I wish there was a way JoJo could be the champ without fighting Joanna. I love both

Last edited:
Two fighters who recently pulled out (Giggity) of their most recent fights.
29wtu3b_th.gif

Well, I was trying not to go there, and remain a little optimistic because JoJo needed a new camp regardless, and Tristar at least cannot be any worse. But I thought Randa was technically still with Tristar, but only returned to Windsor because her fight was over, and to of course be with her husband?

This should be a good fight regardless .. hopefully we get an official announcement and date soon. :)
i think if shes happy she fights well, and a lot depends on her corner, i think jojo wins......and severian jumps off the nearest building :D

Two overrated fighters getting by on looks fighting in a fake division.

If it ain't JJ or Claudia fighting, its hard taking it seriously. :confused:

Wow bro, you sure sound like a real fight fan :rolleyes:

i think if shes happy she fights well, and a lot depends on her corner, i think jojo wins......and severian jumps off the nearest building :D

I hope that happy, mentally clear JoJo does show up. She has clearly been through a lot, and I want to see her perform well, win or lose.

@SeverianB will break something if Michelle doesn't win though. :p

Back