Locked FEAR THE WALKING DEAD (Premiere Sets Cable Record)

It comes down to this.
More viewers = higher ad revenue = happy execs and stockholders (if the company is public).

Doesn't make one bit of difference if the show sucks or has the greatest characters and storyline ever created.

Ratings are what drives this industry.

And yes, AMC is milking the TWD cow for as long as possible, as well they should.

Hopefully, the new show will take place thousands of miles away from Georgia, to prevent any crossovers between the shows.

I'd want a new show to survive upon its own merit.

A think a viable spin off would be a military style group that goes around helping reestablish colonies against human and zombie enemies. Instead of the A-Team, you can call the Z-Team.

It might be awesome in theory to have different stories from different parts of the world, but I'm not sure if not having a permanent cast would be successful.

The spin off should follow around a group of Zombies. A show bAsed on the zombie perspective.

A think a viable spin off would be a military style group that goes around helping reestablish colonies against human and zombie enemies. Instead of the A-Team, you can call the Z-Team.

It might be awesome in theory to have different stories from different parts of the world, but I'm not sure if not having a permanent cast would be successful.

Zero Dark Zombie

I like it. The S.E.A.L. Team 6 entrusted as the last line of defense for the POTUS leads surviving members of the administration out of D.C. toward the Florida Keys.

Last edited:
Maybe they could make a new series to tell different stories in TWD universe. Sort of like an anthology series like Tales from the Dark side except it all takes place in the same world. So you could use one episode to tell one story with any number if characters. Or maybe two or three, doesn't matter. This way you could carry the storyline with a cools idea instead of having it drag on to fill out a certain number if episodes *cough*farm*cough*.

Also they might have more creative freedom since essentially every character would be expendable.

Seems like TWD has lot of cool ideas but also a lot of terrible filler. This could essentially remove the filler.

Personally I hope it is a comedy-horror like Shaun of the Dead.

They could make all the characters bizzarro versions and have them meet at different points but never actually join up because awkward.

Maybe they could make a new series to tell different stories in TWD universe. Sort of like an anthology series like Tales from the Dark side except it all takes place in the same world. So you could use one episode to tell one story with any number if characters. Or maybe two or three, doesn't matter. This way you could carry the storyline with a cools idea instead of having it drag on to fill out a certain number if episodes *cough*farm*cough*.

Also they might have more creative freedom since essentially every character would be expendable.

Seems like TWD has lot of cool ideas but also a lot of terrible filler. This could essentially remove the filler.

This would be cool. I like anthology series.

Press Release: AMC announced today that the network is in the initial stages of developing a companion series to its original drama series The Walking Dead, which premiered on AMC in October of 2010. The Walking Dead is currently the #1 show on television among adults 18-49. Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert are on board as executive producers, with AMC Studios set to produce. The companion series has a target on-air date of 2015.
Marty-McFly.gif

Last season of TWD has been pure sh*t.

Not sure how i feel about this.

Desperate House Wives of Woodbury

Last season of TWD has been pure sh*t.

Not sure how i feel about this.

Desperate House Wives of Woodbury
The first four episodes were great. I don't really regard anything after that as Tier 1 television, and yeah, the last season, especially the resolution, was almost Dexter-descending bad.

I was gonna say something like this. Take a platoon of special forces (Rangers, Green Berets, SEALs) and follow them from the initial onset of the outbreak. See how government breaks down, society deteriorates and the military falls. You could even do different countries if you have the platoon get sent to different places or initial encounters in other parts of the world, etc.

Hopefully you can start with a group that is well armed, well equiped and well disciplined and grind them down through the series. Introduce various civilians for story development too.

Rumor was that season two's opener was going to follow the soldier that Rick encountered in the tank from insertion with his team into Atlanta to his infection and holding up in the tank but wasn't done for budget reasons.

I was gonna say something like this. Take a platoon of special forces (Rangers, Green Berets, SEALs) and follow them from the initial onset of the outbreak. See how government breaks down, society deteriorates and the military falls. You could even do different countries if you have the platoon get sent to different places or initial encounters in other parts of the world, etc.

Hopefully you can start with a group that is well armed, well equiped and well disciplined and grind them down through the series. Introduce various civilians for story development too.

Rumor was that season two's opener was going to follow the soldier that Rick encountered in the tank from insertion with his team into Atlanta to his infection and holding up in the tank but wasn't done for budget reasons.

This I could get behind. No Governor or Martinez BS. I want to see Commandos! I think following a Ranger group would be awesome. Have them encounter small groups and assimilate them.

Not the stupid group like the one that the Gov merc'd in 2 seconds. I like your idea of dropping into into small outbreaks at the start of the viral spread. As they learn more about it and how everything breaks down. Much more interesting than eating cat food.

Damn, is this show really #1 like that? Of course they're gonna make a spin off, there's money to be made. But I have to say, this show is terrible imo and I stopped watching it in the second season. I realized all I did was complain about it, so I stopped watching it and have no regrets. I really don't understand how people enjoy this crappy show....I've never read the comics, but that video game was brilliant. If only the show were like that, hell hopefully the spin off is something similar

Damn, is this show really #1 like that? Of course they're gonna make a spin off, there's money to be made. But I have to say, this show is terrible imo and I stopped watching it in the second season. I realized all I did was complain about it, so I stopped watching it and have no regrets. I really don't understand how people enjoy this crappy show....I've never read the comics, but that video game was brilliant. If only the show were like that, hell hopefully the spin off is something similar

It's number 1 based on viewership numbers, which isn't surprising. There is a ton of young men who are obsessed with zombies and killing. I think the show sucks, so I stopped watching it too.

Just had a WILD idea.

How about a "choose your adventure" kind of TV show?

At the end of each episode your left with a kind of "do this" or "do that" scenario. Like "we can stay on the farm" or "try and make it for the CDC". Then, at the end of each episode, callers ring in and vote for one or the other. You could film both options and play the option that wins.

I think this could work on a show like TWD.

Just had a WILD idea.

How about a "choose your adventure" kind of TV show?

At the end of each episode your left with a kind of "do this" or "do that" scenario. Like "we can stay on the farm" or "try and make it for the CDC". Then, at the end of each episode, callers ring in and vote for one or the other. You could film both options and play the option that wins.

I think this could work on a show like TWD.
Do it bro:
http://www.youtube.com/yt/space/about-la.html

Just saw a CBS feature on this yesterday morning. If you have a good enough idea, then you get the studio for free. If you get enough viewers, then you get to keep coming back.

Check out the CBS coverage here:
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50154989n

The first four episodes were great. I don't really regard anything after that as Tier 1 television, and yeah, the last season, especially the resolution, was almost Dexter-descending bad.

Could not agree more.

And it's even worse when compared to the source material.

First episode was absolutely fantastic, some of my favorite TV in recent years. The next couple were great too. After that, aside from a couple high points, it has been all downhill.

Back