Locked FEAR THE WALKING DEAD (Premiere Sets Cable Record)

i cant still believe some of the accolades this show gets, especially after last season

still a good show, but I wouldnt consider it great

They could just make it about a group not too dissimilar to the one on the original show. But they could set it in another country or part of the US like in LA. Instead of country bumpkins, and hill billies, they can make it about celebrities, gangbangers, Asian doctors, and every other stereotype I cannot think of.

Or it can be set in a country that is not affected with zombies because it is remote. Take Chile for example. You have the Atacama on one, Andes on one, Pacific Ocean on one, and the Great southern Ocean on one side. The nearest large population center is Buenos Aires, or Southern Peru, but there is a geo barrier protecting it.

Or what happened to the Hispanic people in that hospital with the old people who kidnapped the Asian? How come Rick doesn't just meet up with them? Does he not realize there is strength in numbers, and plus he handed over a large arsenal to them. Why does that fool Rick insist on being by himself and their small group.

Update: November 15, 2013

THE WALKING DEAD Spinoff May Be a Prequel Series

The-Walking-Dead-full-cast-image.jpg

A few months ago, AMC unveiled plans to develop a

Seems like that would be a short lived series considering how fast everything collapsed.

Seems like that would be a short lived series considering how fast everything collapsed.

Maybe season one will focus on the outbreak and they'll continue to jump time each season until it catches up to the main TWD show. Then the inevitable crossover special episodes.

Update: September 5, 2014

THE WALKING DEAD Companion Series Nabs Pilot Order

311kfly.jpg

It's official: AMC is moving forward with its companion series to mega-hit The Walking Dead. The network on Friday announced it has ordered a pilot episode of the project from Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman and producers Gale Anne Hurd and Dave Alpert. As previously announced, Dave Erickson, who co-created and co-wrote the pilot with Kirkman, will serve as exec producer and showrunner.

The pilot will begin production in late 2014, with few details about the location and casting released just yet. In a release, AMC touted that the premise

TWD improved a lot last season so this has potential to be good

A terminus how-to cooking show competition ala masterchef. Call it Materminus

They could dedicate a week (or two), here and there to other characters, locations, and times. It would actually make the show much better than sitting thru 3 episodes of answering an imaginary phone, sitting on the porch, making faces, stuff and things.

yup.

I've always thought they could do flashback type backstories for some of the journeys of some of the other characters.

Remember that solider group murdered by the Governor for their supplies. It would have been cool to give an episode after the fact showing some of their journey culminating with their deaths at the governors hands. If we saw them as a bunch of good guys, or a bunch of bad guys prior it would have added some additional meaning to the scene.

There is so much room to grow with this world I see no reason to hate this decision. It has the potential to be be great. I know I'll be tuning in.

Exactly. Survival in Georgia is not the same as survival in the PNW. Can't wait to see where the series is located.

They should have Lee and clementine in a different state

Update: September 28, 2014

Character Descriptions for THE WALKING DEAD Spinoff Pilot

The-Walking-Dead-Zaldaris-Dragonlord.jpg

The folks over at TV Line got their hands on these descriptions of the main characters that will appear in the pilot for The Walking Dead spinoff. There are two big things that are striking about these descriptions. One, there appears to be a heavy focus on familial relationships in this Walking Dead spinoff pilot, and two, the descriptions hint heavily that the story takes place in a pre-apocalyptic Walking Dead world. Moreover, as opposed to focusing on a group of lost souls like in The Walking Dead, the principal cast of this new show is made up primarily of two families. The character descriptions are as follows:

Sean Cabrera – A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.

Cody Cabrera – Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.
Nancy Tompkins – A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.

Nick Tompkins – Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay at home, too scared to flee.

Ashley Tompkins – Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.

Andrea Chapman – A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea—yep, another Andrea!—has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.

Character Descriptions for THE WALKING DEAD Spinoff Confirm Prequel Setting

Great news eventually they can have a walking dead episode every week of the year. :icon_lol:

Just had a WILD idea.

How about a "choose your adventure" kind of TV show?

At the end of each episode your left with a kind of "do this" or "do that" scenario. Like "we can stay on the farm" or "try and make it for the CDC". Then, at the end of each episode, callers ring in and vote for one or the other. You could film both options and play the option that wins.

I think this could work on a show like TWD.

YouTube might be the perfect medium for attempting this cool idea.

You can provide the "decision" links at the end of each clip.

yup.

I've always thought they could do flashback type backstories for some of the journeys of some of the other characters.

Remember that solider group murdered by the Governor for their supplies. It would have been cool to give an episode after the fact showing some of their journey culminating with their deaths at the governors hands. If we saw them as a bunch of good guys, or a bunch of bad guys prior it would have added some additional meaning to the scene.

If you havent checked out the webisodes of the walking dead give them a try. Show stories of how certain people died and became zombies. Some are good some are pretty crap.

[YT]kJoElLFkyk4[/YT]

Anyone been watching that z nation. Im finding it fun but fuck the acting is bad.

Back