Locked FEAR THE WALKING DEAD (Premiere Sets Cable Record)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: August 24, 2015

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD Delivers Cable Record 10.1M Viewers

Fear-the-Walking-Dead-082415-Dragonlord.jpg

Following in some especially big footsteps, The Walking Dead spinoff Fear the Walking Dead launched Sunday night to equally auspicious ratings. Ahead of the time-shifting statistics that AMC will no doubt tout on Friday, same-day stats for Fear have the companion series' inaugural 90-minute outing averaging a boffo 10.1 million viewers.

The significance of that number cannot be overemphasized. Not only does it blow past any other series premiere previously aired on the network, it stands as the most-watched launch in cable history. The Walking Dead first set a high bar for AMC in 2010 with its 5.35-million haul, not outmatched until early 2015 by Breaking Bad spinoff Better Call Saul. That show nabbed 6.88 million viewers, after a lead-in from The Walking Dead, in its February season premiere. (After its strong start, Better Call Saul settled in live viewership and ended up averaging 5.9 million viewers in live-plus-three day stats.)

Fear's promising start furthers the positive AMC narrative of 2015. Despite a relatively bare cupboard of originals, and the exit of original network flagship Mad Men, its two spinoffs now mark the biggest cable launches of the year.

Fear's first season is emulating the original's short six-episode order. Unsurprisingly, AMC has already committed to a 15-episode sophomore follow-up, which (also like its parent) will be split in half. And, per usual, Talking Dead also benefited from the numbers. A special outing of the talk show, preceded Fear and focused sixth season of The Walking Dead, pulled 4.2 million viewers and 2.5 million adults 18-49.

TV Ratings: 'Fear the Walking Dead' Premiere Delivers Cable Record 10.1 Million Viewers

Update: July 10, 2015

First Full FEAR THE WALKING DEAD Trailer; August 23 Premiere

fo3ocm.jpg

AMC has just released the first full trailer for its upcoming series Fear the Walking Dead. During the Fear the Walking Dead panel at Comic-Con this weekend, AMC announced that the series would premiere on August 23, 2015 at 9 PM ET. AMC also revealed that a Fear The Talking Dead episode would air on October 4 after the first season finale.

Synopsis: A companion series to “The Walking Dead,” the #1 show on television among adults 18-49, “Fear the Walking Dead” takes us back to the beginning of the zombie apocalypse – a time when the world was changing rapidly for reasons unknown, before anyone understood exactly what was happening, when life as everyone knew it was upended and altered in ways no one could have ever imagined.

“Fear the Walking Dead” is executive produced by Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Greg Nicotero, David Alpert and showrunner David Erickson and produced by AMC Studios. The series, set in Los Angeles, stars Kim Dickens as Madison, Cliff Curtis as Travis, Frank Dillane as Nick, Alycia Debnam-Carey as Alicia, Elizabeth Rodriguez as Liza, Ruben Blades as Daniel, Mercedes Mason as Ofelia and Lorenzo James Henrie as Chris.

[YT]WDxew5SguVw[/YT]

[YT]s8HJVBrSpMs[/YT]

First Full FEAR THE WALKING DEAD Trailer; August 23 Premiere

Update: March 29, 2015

AMC Releases the First Trailer for FEAR THE WALKING DEAD

Fear-the-Walking-Dead-Logo-032915-Dragonlord.jpg

AMC used Sunday's season finales of The Walking Dead to unspool the first look at the spinoff of the flagship zombie drama, Fear The Walking Dead. The new series, called Fear The Walking Dead, is set to debut at a date to be determined in the late summer and is set in Los Angeles and stars Cliff Curtis (Gang Related) stars as Sean Cabrera, a teacher who shares a son with his ex-wife. Sons of Anarchy's Kim Dickens co-stars as Nancy, a guidance counselor who works at the school with Sean and is seeing him romantically.

Frank Dillane (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince) co-stars as Nancy's son Nick, who has battled a drug problem. And Alycia Debnam Carey (Into the Woods) is will play Nancy's ambitious daughter, Ashley, who is the polar opposite of Nick and dreams of leaving L.A. for Berkeley when the apocalypse strikes.

Fear The Walking Dead stands alone from the flagship and has been described as starting out as a prequel at the dawn of the apocalypse before catching up with the original series, based on Robert Kirkman's long-running comics. The short teaser confirms that the series does indeed start at the onset of the flu-like outbreak.

Fear the Walking Dead will debut in the summer with a six-episode freshman season that will lead into the already announced sixth season of TWD. Season two of FTWDhas already been greenlit for 2016.

[YT]unWdvWPmiPk[/YT]

AMC's 'The Walking Dead' Companion Series Debuts First Footage

Update: September 28, 2014

Character Descriptions for THE WALKING DEAD Spinoff Pilot

The-Walking-Dead-Zaldaris-Dragonlord.jpg

The folks over at TV Line got their hands on these descriptions of the main characters that will appear in the pilot for The Walking Dead spinoff. There are two big things that are striking about these descriptions. One, there appears to be a heavy focus on familial relationships in this Walking Dead spinoff pilot, and two, the descriptions hint heavily that the story takes place in a pre-apocalyptic Walking Dead world. Moreover, as opposed to focusing on a group of lost souls like in The Walking Dead, the principal cast of this new show is made up primarily of two families. The character descriptions are as follows:

Sean Cabrera – A Latino male in his early 40s, Sean is a good man trying to do right by everyone in his life.

Cody Cabrera – Sean’s whip-smart and rebellious teenage son. Known as the angriest kid in town.
Nancy Tompkins – A thirtysomething single mom to two kids, Nancy looks like the girl next door, but there’s an edge to her.

Nick Tompkins – Nancy’s screwed up teenage son. He’s too old to stay at home, too scared to flee.

Ashley Tompkins – Nancy’s mostly level-headed teenage daughter. Her ambition is in direct proportion to her older brother’s failures. She loves her mom but it’s time to get out of Dodge.

Andrea Chapman – A somewhat wilted flower child, fortysomething Andrea—yep, another Andrea!—has retreated to the outskirts of the city to recover after a horrible marriage.

Character Descriptions for THE WALKING DEAD Spinoff Confirm Prequel Story

September 16, 2013

AMC Announces THE WALKING DEAD Spinoff in the Works

10ok2tk.jpg

Press Release: AMC announced today that the network is in the initial stages of developing a companion series to its original drama series The Walking Dead, which premiered on AMC in October of 2010. The Walking Dead is currently the #1 show on television among adults 18-49. Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd and David Alpert are on board as executive producers, with AMC Studios set to produce. The companion series has a target on-air date of 2015.

“Building on the success of the most popular show on television for adults 18-49 is literally a no-brainer,” said Charlie Collier, AMC’s president and general manager. “We look forward to working with Robert, Gale and Dave again as we develop an entirely new story and cast of characters. It’s a big world and we can’t wait to give fans another unforgettable view of the zombie apocalypse.”

“After 10 years of writing the comic book series and being so close to the debut of our fourth, and in my opinion, best season of the TV series, I couldn't be more thrilled about getting the chance to create a new corner of The Walking Dead universe,” said Kirkman. “The opportunity to make a show that isn't tethered by the events of the comic book, and is truly a blank page, has set my creativity racing.”

Season four of The Walking Dead returns to AMC on October 13. The Walking Dead is based on the comic book series created and written by Robert Kirkman and published by Skybound, Kirkman's imprint at Image Comics.

Last edited:
i heared it's a prequel series about Lori Grimes life as a desperate houswife called ''Better Call Shane.''

So breaking bad spinoff and walking dead spinoff. We gonna get a comic book men spinoff also AMC?

it needs to be about darryl and merle

They can't even fill the show they have now with interesting characters and story.

I can't even think of a viable idea for a TWD spin off.

West Coast Walking Dead?
Zombie Free Prequel?
Post Zombie Apocalypse where Man and Zombie Coexist Peacefully?

Maybe in a spinoff they could show the origin of the zombie epidemic? Maybe show what it was like when it started to happen? Give insight into what actions the government took to try and stop it?

..........oh wait, that's World War Z.

I hope they do it in a different part of the world. I want to see a zombie storyline that takes place in Africa and doesn't suck like Resident Evil 5.

I hope they do it in a different part of the world. I want to see a zombie storyline that takes place in Africa and doesn't suck like Resident Evil 5.

Walking Dead New Delhi would be bananas.

After the racism callout towards RE5, I think Africa will be avoided.

I lost interesting in TWD after the unlimited shogun glitch was exposed. It would take a really good story to even consider watching a spin off.

I can't even think of a viable idea for a TWD spin off.

West Coast Walking Dead?
Zombie Free Prequel?
Post Zombie Apocalypse where Man and Zombie Coexist Peacefully?

you can't?

How about Morgan and his son after Rick left

The events at the CDC and what led up to Jenner meeting the group

How the governor and the whole Woodbury thing started

Those are just three off the top of my head

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back