Locked FEAR THE WALKING DEAD (Premiere Sets Cable Record)

The show isn't very good as it is. If they wanted to tell those stories they could integrate it into TWD, they don't need to add another ridiculously slow show to tell the same exact story using different characters and motivations.

well the ratings beg to differ and it is because of those ratings they want an excuse for a second show.

And I think the show could be way better written but just sayin that the network will not look at it as 'the show is not very good', when they must think it is frikkin awesome to bring in the numbers it does.

Key traits?

It might just be me but doesn't most zombie stories explain the origins?

Few yes, but some of the more key significant Zombies films don't explain the origin. Specifically the George Romero films, and Robert Kirkman already stated he did not want to explain how it occurs.

A bunch of haters up in hurr. I think the show is fun and interesting. Sure, I have some critiques, but it's good tv! I'll watch another group of survivors!

well the ratings beg to differ and it is because of those ratings they want an excuse for a second show.

And I think the show could be way better written but just sayin that the network will not look at it as 'the show is not very good', when they must think it is frikkin awesome to bring in the numbers it does.

I watch it every week. You can watch an entire season for 2 decent episodes. Its not that good.
The ratings don't call for a spinoff, they're using the ratings to justify a "money grab".

It will be called "The Talking Dead" featuring only female survivors from the original series and airing exclusively on Oxygen.

Why does everybody watch every episode if it sucks so bad? Lol

Best ratings on television. Cant argue with that.

I am definitely down for a spin-off. More zombies.

I'd watch the first few episodes and take it from there. I'm a zombie fan.

It will be called "The Talking Dead" featuring only female survivors from the original series and airing exclusively on Oxygen.

They already have a show called exactly that. It comes on AMC after the Walking Dead where they have guests on the discuss that night's episode.

I watch it every week. You can watch an entire season for 2 decent episodes. Its not that good.
The ratings don't call for a spinoff, they're using the ratings to justify a "money grab".

I don't disagree. I watch every week and honestly think 90% of the time I could write more compelling story lines.

But again that is like telling James Cameron that Avatar was not that great because it could be written better (which it could have been) and thus a sequel should not be made.

Fact is people are eating up what he is selling and that goes for TWD as well. And yes both are money grabs, which in my view is reason they create the first ones, in the first place.

Dear God, just concentrate on not having the first show suck. I don't even know if can bring myself to watch season 4 even a little bit. After Merle got killed I can't really think of anyone else I really care at all about.

Dear God, just concentrate on not having the first show suck. I don't even know if can bring myself to watch season 4 even a little bit. After Merle got killed I can't really think of anyone else I really care at all about.

Season 4 will be the most watched show on television.

In a sucky show viewership goes DOWN. TWD is one of the best shows.

Jersey Shore etc says different. They were doing better than ever in their 3rd season too. Viewership is not a valid reason for a show having any merit in my eyes.

So spinoff is the new remake?

TWD has gone down hill considerably, so I don't know if I'd be thrilled for a spinoff or not. I like my zombie shows full of terror, suspense and the feeling that humanity is going to completely die off. What we get in TWD is humans making the dumbest possible decisions imaginable for no reason other than to create false drama. If Andrea had one ounce of common sense 99% of what happened in season 3 gets avoided.

So Andrea to quote a great man.
[YT]XU7gnMSzf_c[/YT]

I just think a spinoff would be filled with more of that than people legit trying to survive. If they want to do this, show us some of these survivalists that's for real preparing for the zombie apocalypse.

They killed off their best character. No interest

YES, I think they should quadruple the production team and make it 5 days a week zombie action.

Walking Dead sucks, and viewership means nothing. ever heard of a show called Firefly?

Jersey Shore etc says different. They were doing better than ever in their 3rd season too. Viewership is not a valid reason for a show having any merit in my eyes.

but it is EVERYTHING to the network.

They could careless what your reasons are for watching if indeed you are watching.

Back