Family pressuring me to get married to a pregnant woman, but I don't want to.

Michael-What-the-office-10400786-400-226.gif

My literal reaction.

I love her, but not romantically. She's probably my best friend seeing as how my 2 best friends died. It's going to suck watching her life take a shit. I've always wanted the best for her.

The only possible curve ball is her parents are fairly well off. But even if we inherit all their money it's still a fucking lifetime. Years ago she said she would let me bang other women if we got married. Is it possible to get that in a prenup? It almost sounds illegal.
How much $$$?

Yeah, I fully agree that marriage at this juncture is a terrible idea.

However, love is enough to start "that journey". Jumping into marriage, even without the weird extenuating circumstances, is a recipe for disaster.

From the sounds of it, OP isn't interested at all, so he should tell everybody to mind their own business.

What's weird is that even if by some off chance he was in love with her and wanted to get married, he would be somebody's consolation prize. The only thing worse that settling for someone, is to know that somebody else settled for you.

Just to clarify, she also wanted me to marry her for years. My brother even suggested to her that she just ask me. All of my friends, and family pushed for it, but I wouldn't back down. She tried the old cutting me off from sex routine, but I didn't budge.

It's very surprising that everyone agrees. Of course sherdog is filled with 6'6" monsters who bench 250.

Play them this song

I love her, but not romantically. She's probably my best friend seeing as how my 2 best friends died. It's going to suck watching her life take a shit. I've always wanted the best for her.

The only possible curve ball is her parents are fairly well off. But even if we inherit all their money it's still a fucking lifetime. Years ago she said she would let me bang other women if we got married. Is it possible to get that in a prenup? It almost sounds illegal.

You just answered your own question...don't marry her.

He wants to marry her. She doesn't want him, nor does her family.

Fair enough, but i don't see why you should marry her. It's not your kid and i am sure she will find some other stooge to take care of her. Thats what any remotely attractive woman would do. Dont beat yourself up about it after you say no.

And also like that other guy said you can still support her in other ways as a friend.

Bring her to Canada and get that abortion. We don't do "too late".

Fair enough, but i don't see why you should marry her. It's not your kid and i am sure she will find some other stooge to take care of her. Thats what any remotely attractive woman would do. Dont beat yourself up about it after you say no.

This is what I hope happens. I actually know a guy that would be perfect for the job. He is very stable, and kind, but has never had luck with women. I almost brought it up to him last week, but I thought I might blow it. I'll have her contact him about 6 months after the child is born.

Tell your family to fuck off I think marriage is a lame old scam

This is what I hope happens. I actually know a guy that would be perfect for the job. He is very stable, and kind, but has never had luck with women. I almost brought it up to him last week, but I thought I might blow it. I'll have her contact him about 6 months after the child is born.

this is starting to sound fake. Is this woman that hard up that she's taking applications or what the frick is going on here?

Where's @bigbangspiritbomb ? This thread was made for him, talking some sense into this TS is literally his raison d'être. This is the chance for his magnum opus for real.

I'll come at this from a different angle. How much child support would the biological father be paying? Does he have a good job with medical insurance?

I've heard of women getting knocked up to get a guy to marry her but they always tried to make the guy think it was his.

Wait the father of the kid actually wants to be with her? And she doesn't want to do the responsible thing and marry the kids father? AND what everyone is trying to guilt trip YOU about it?

This doesn't make sense. Why doesn't she want to get back with the babies father, and why is this suddenly your problem?

This entire scenario doesn't seem to make sense. Anyway of course you shouldn't marry her.

Making a marriage work is hard enough when you're in love. Then you're going to add a kid and a potential custody battle and raising someone else's kid?

Yeah screw that.

I'll come at this from a different angle. How much child support would the biological father be paying? Does he have a good job with medical insurance?

I've heard of women getting knocked up to get a guy to marry her but they always tried to make the guy think it was his.

The guy has a good job with medical insurance. She wanted to marry him, and have kids. They were living together, and had plans, but somehow after she got knocked up she said he showed his true colors, and she decided to go it alone. I know he's able to pay child support, but she definitely would have had an abortion if their falling out had happened earlier. She's about 6 months along now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back