Family pressuring me to get married to a pregnant woman, but I don't want to.

NelmarksGhost

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I dated this woman for several years, and my family always wanted me to marry her, but I didn't want to. We broke up, and remained close friends for a couple years. She later met someone new, and they moved in together. They had planned to get married, and have kids. I was very happy she was going to get what she always wanted. Dude knocks her up. They planned to get married, but everything falls apart a few months later. Now she's too far along to get an abortion, and my family is telling me I should marry her. Her parents want me to as well, but damn it I never wanted to marry her, and now everyone expects me to rescue her. I've always treated her well, and care for her very much, but it feels like I would be sacrificing my life for her. What would you do?

I didn't even get an ipad.

Holy fucking hell don't do that

I dated this woman for several years, and my family always wanted me to marry her, but I didn't want to. We broke up, and remained close friends for a couple years. She later met someone new, and they moved in together. They had planned to get married, and have kids. I was very happy she was going to get what she always wanted. Dude knocks her up. They planned to get married, but everything falls apart a few months later. Now she's too far along to get an abortion, and my family is telling me I should marry her. Her parents want me to as well, but damn it I never wanted to marry her, and now everyone expects me to rescue her. I've always treated her well, and care for her very much, but it feels like I would be sacrificing my life for her. What would you do?

Definitely no

I hope you inherited some recessive traits.

Now she's too far along to get an abortion

No such thing.

shutterstock_107685965-615px.jpg

Also: fuck no, sir. No.

Should TS do it? No
Will TS do it? Yes

Why would your family want you to get married to someone you don't love who is pregnant with someone else's child?

Do they think you're gay or something?

Why would your family want you to get married to someone you don't love who is pregnant with someone else's child?

they clearly hate him.

TS - fuck no. If she's your friend that's one thing, be her friend, but marrying her when she's pregnant with somebody else's kid is fucking nutso. Kick your family in it's collective genitals.

She's got you miserable before it has even begun

A little more background. She and I have always been able to get along. There were never any big fights, or anything. I just never wanted to marry her. I tried to hook her up with a few guys I knew that were squared away, so she could have the little family life she wanted. She's a great friend, but that's all I wanted. Now her life is fucked, and I'm gonna have to hear about it. I thought about suggesting she put the kid up for adoption, but I thought it would be cruel.

Just drop the infant off at one of those places that take them after it's born. Or throw it in a dumpster, whatever.

Don't MARRY HER DUDE

LIFE IS TOO FUCKING SHORT

Do you really want to raise some other man's kid? Who may or may not come back into the kids picture in the future?

This is your life dude. You can be kind to her and support her, but don't marry her unless you're in love with her and want to spend the rest of your life with her.

Now her life is fucked, and I'm gonna have to hear about it.

Yeah, but you can either (A) hear about it and then still go on your merry way, or (B) hear about it and then still have to sleep next to her every night.

Last edited:

They really like her, and always wanted her to be a part of the family. They know I really care for her, and they think I will be happier if I'm not alone. I've fought with them for years over this. They think they know what's best for me, and also think one should sacrifice everything for the people one loves, (christians).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back