F**k These Kids without Headphones

I have always kept a pair of closed-back, noise-cancelling headphones just for travel purposes like this.

But I'm also a 6'5" gorilla who understands the rational sensibilities of public civility.

That depends on the airline. Some airlines still charge $5 (usually) for headphones.

Did not know that, guess I haven’t been on one that did or if I was I had mine and didn’t notice.

I concur even earbuds are only 3 bucks on amazon for a tablet, I had a similar situation with someone playing their tablet out loud on an airplane.

All the free earbuds they had out on flights, just keep them in the laptop bag and hand those fuckers out on flights with charged earbuds/headphones.

I bet I’ve got ten pair of free airline earbuds around the house and laptop bag from forgetting mine.

i mean i do understand where the threadstarter is coming from. parents who allow their kids to bother everyone else are totally inconsiderate, and are crap people in general.

on the other hand, what is easier? to attempt to force others to change their ways, or to relieve yourself of the situation by doing something that's within your own control? i say the latter. if i were the threadstarter, i'd simply put headphones on myself, so that i don't have to hear whatever shit those kids are playing.

the last thing i want, is to allow others to get me riled up and upset. in a way, they win when their actions cause you to lose control.

I’m guessing the OP was so pissed b cause the kids tablet was louder than his phone speakers and he couldn’t hear his because he wasn’t wearing GD earphones either, or else he wouldn’t have even heard this shit.

Drive next time. That's no one else's problem.

You must have excelled in geography in school, pray tell oh wise one, what 14hr flight is it physically possible to actually drive to your destination??

I’m guessing the OP was so pissed b cause the kids tablet was louder than his phone speakers and he couldn’t hear his because he wasn’t wearing GD earphones either, or else he wouldn’t have even heard this shit.

You must have excelled in geography in school, pray tell oh wise one, what 14hr flight is it physically possible to actually drive to your destination??
Not our problem brotato. Don't travel until your kid is under control.

lol.. i literally just bought a pair for my son this morning because i don't want to hear that fucking peppa pig

Yeah, i agree with OP. It's an inconsiderate, shitty move. And it's not just kids, i see people of all ages doing it. The worst offenders in my neck of the woods are old people and high school boys though. If they're sitting next to me , i tell them to shut that shit down.

And lol at "you're not a parent, you don't understand"
I'm not a parent, but I used to be a kid, i have had a kid brother and sister. Been around kids...seen kids around my whole life. Yeaaa, i think i can comment on kids.
And what did your parents do to keep your mouths shut and keep you behaved in public? They didn't have tablets.
We are raising a future generation of assholes giving kids phones and tablets so early.

ALSO, speaking of inconsiderate, cunt parents....you motherfuckers that put those fucking squeaky shoes on your toddlers should be stoned to death. I want to beat the ass of the guy that invented those awful shoes. It is one of the most annoying things in the world to be sitting in a doctor's officeor airport, and have to hear a high pitched squeak sound everytime your kid takes a step.
It's like they were made for the explicit purpose of pissing people off

How old are the kids are you talking about? We bought headphones for our 1.5 year old for a 14 hour flight and she wouldn’t wear them for the duration of the flight. Believe me I was aware of the situation and felt super bad but it’s a fucking toddler.

You obviously don’t know what’s it’s like to try and control a child in a confined space like a plane.

I'm talking about "kids," ie, any age before they become teenagers.* I have sympathy for parents who have colicky or fussy babies, but that's not the same thing. Let your kid cry it out and have everyone hate you for that instead, because that's at least socially acceptable as everyone knows children cry.

*That being said, I'm in my early 30's, so anyone not out of college and/or in the workforce is a kid to me now.

Step to me with beef about my kid with that attitude and I will knock you the fuck out, it's that simple.

Anyone playing their tablet or phone, or even talking on their phone in the middle of a public place on the speaker is oblivious, and probably apathetic to other people. And most parents I know are so concerned about their kids and themselves, that everyone else falls short in their book of giving any fucks about. It's like they'd care about you, but only if they loved you.

It's like those baby on board stickers. The most entitled and oblivious thing you can put on your car. All people are supposed to drive safely, but somehow they feel like they need special treatment because they see themselves as more important.

So as long as their kid is happy, then everyone should be happy, even if the kid is a little shit. Parents never look at themselves in those situations, they use their kids as an excuse.

Every entitled parent reading this and their cryptic condescending comment: you obviously dont have kids.

Just say it. You'll prove my point.

You get triggerred by baby on board signs hahhahahahah

Seriously though the golden path here is for you to buy these 3 dollar headphones and hand them out.

Think about it.
It is not. They won't wear them.
I wonder, sometimes you make wise, meaningful posts, and sometimes it looks like you live in fairy land with kind elves and unicorns.

You're on a plane. Get noise cancelling headphones and pretend you're somewhere (and someone) else for a few hours. You gotta learn how to zap out entirely. And stop fucking kids.

It's like those baby on board stickers. The most entitled and oblivious thing you can put on your car. All people are supposed to drive safely, but somehow they feel like they need special treatment because they see themselves as more important.

Those stickers arent on their cars to tell you to drive safe around them you knob they are for emergancy workers incase of some horrific accident so its known that there is a child in the mix

U don’t need a kid to know this is a really inconsiderate thing to allow ur kids to do. I was raised to be aware of my surroundings. That means not making loud noises of ANY sort that disturbs people around you. There r too many adults who don’t get this concept.

So I fly a lot for work. I've noticed a slew of irresponsible shitheads who just refuse to make their kids put on headphones when watching their tablets (or they themselves do they same). This tells me a few things about the parents:

A) First and foremost, they're inconsiderate assholes. They know no one wants to hear the shrill retards who voice kid's shows, and by allowing their kids to blast the volume they're essentially telling those around them to fuck off;
B) They're cheap. Head phones aren't expensive unless you're buying some overpriced Beats by Dre that aren't necessary for kids;
C) They're lazy. Tablets aren't substitutes for parenting. You forgot to pull out, you take care of the little shit; and,
D) They're shitty parents. The majority of parents whom I see committing A, B, and C are also concurrently on their phones ignoring their children and teaching them by example how to define whatever shitty generation of untalented, anti-social, incel chodes that comes after the millennials.

So what I've started to do is bust shithead parents and call them out immediately. At the airport, on a plane, bus, train, etc., you name it. You'd be surprised how many agencies have rules against playing electronic devices with volume. I will immediately call a flight attendant, bus driver, train conductor, whatever, the moment they give me any lip (call me a narc all you want), but I'm also a 6'5," 235-pound, bearded slab of steel and if they try to step to me I will shove their entire kid up their ass and turn them into human headphones.
What a finish.

Those stickers arent on their cars to tell you to drive safe around them you knob they are for emergancy workers incase of some horrific accident so its known that there is a child in the mix
Do you think people use them for that?

You get triggerred by baby on board signs hahhahahahah
Isn't it funny that people express their opinions? You too afraid and insecure?

Go back to repeating buzz words others have already said since you don't possess the ability to express yourself.

Yes that is why they exist

It isnt to show that they think they are special its just that you might be a bit of a misanthrope
Because of an opinion? people don't use it for that, even if it was it's original purpose. Look at social media, and how it's being misused and misunderstood. They make what they want out of it instead of what it is. It's not misanthropy, it's being realistic.

Back