Explain how Jones is GOAT..I don't understand..

Jones isn't the goat as of today but it seems like we all see him going that way and people like ts don't want that to happen

For me Anderson is the goat today. Can jones catch him? Yes

I understand that Jones hasnt built up as big a record as Anderson or GSP, i do feel hes beat better people than anderson aswell, Andersons toughest opponents in my opinion are- Franklin, Belfort, Sonnen x2, Hendo, Maia, Okami, Add in thefact he has lost 6 times and was ko'd by weidman.
Im not fighter bashing, I think anderson is MW goat and Gsp WW goat, and both those two and Aldo are already legends in the sport, but in terms of oposition faced Jones is ahead, also having faced the oposition he has and being undefeated makes him the goat.
Im a massive fedor fan but you cant call him the goat, when he came to usa and faced his highest ranked opponents (Big foot, Werdum) he was beaten and was ko'd by Hendo, in Pride he was the man.

Seeing Gus completely beat up Jones in the stand up knocked him pretty far down the goat ladder, imo. Fedor, Anderson and GSP are all still above him. He's definitely the LHW Goat though.

P.S. When he eventually loses definitively, half the people calling him the goat will completely change their minds and start calling some other guy the goat....that's 100% guaranteed.

If I were to choose, it'd be:

** Fedor **
- Undersized HW that has beaten opponents two times bigger than him.
- Finished his opponents in every area (KO, TKO, submission off his back and top position)
- Has only trained with one small camp and without any big names besides Aleks to prepare for his fights.
- Has fought under Japan and U.S. rules to show his versatility.

You can say all of that for Mark Hunt too(besides the submission wins) but that doesn't make him the GOAT.

He's definetly fought better opposition than Jones. Jon's biggest claim to the throne is the same as Silva's, i.e. it's much more focused on the way he beat his opposition rather than the quality of the opposition itself.

Because, well, nobody can touch GSP in that regard.

No way, name your top 5 of GSP's opponents that are better/tougher than jones's.
Glover. Gus, Machida, Belfort, close between Rmpage and Rua for 5th.

As of now, he looks like the greatest LHW of all time.

If he doesn't fight at HW, he should never be considered GOAT.

There has never been a time on earth where holding the LHW belt was less meaningfull or important than holding the ww belt. Fighting 205 monsters is better than what George did

Jones doesn't have the length yet but he has a much better resume than Georges. Let's not even discuss how impressive jones performances have been

Lhw has always been the glamour division of UFC for a reason.

If his title was so meaningful and precious then multiple Middleweights wouldn't have been able to jump up a division and have a crack at it. What a nonsensical (and totally wrong) argument.

Guys with more than 20 victories.

He's been champion for 3 years.

Anderson, Fedor, and GSP were champions for 6 years each.
Aldo has been champion for 5.

and yet Jones has almost as many title defenses. its almost like he fights way more often than those guys.

as for the 20, he didnt rack up 20 scrub wins before hitting the big leagues.

Seeing Gus completely beat up Jones in the stand up knocked him pretty far down the goat ladder, imo. Fedor, Anderson and GSP are all still above him. He's definitely the LHW Goat though.

P.S. When he eventually loses definitively, half the people calling him the goat will completely change their minds and start calling some other guy the goat....that's 100% guaranteed.

I still had jones winning the fight against gus, he finished strong, but If thats the case you could add the mauling GSP got from hendricks to his ko by serra and sub by hughes, or the condit fight.
Anderson got beat up for 23mins by sonnen aswell as his ko loss to Weidman.

If his title was so meaningful and precious then multiple Middleweights wouldn't have been able to jump up a division and have a crack at it. What a nonsensical (and totally wrong) argument.

instead fighters lose to him and leave the division!!! like Machida and belfort.

- Youngest champion in UFC history, won the belt in his first shot (GSP had to fight Hughes twice to gain the belt).
- Took over what was once universally considered thee best division in MMA (LHW).
- Is still unbeaten.
- Wins in dominating fashion, finishes some of the best fighters the UFC has ever seen. Resume is fill with MMA greats and legends.
- Very well rounded, has wrestling, striking, submission, a great chin, good conditioning, etc. the guy is a very complete fighter.
- tied with Aldo with 7 consecutive title defenses, behind only GSP with 9 and Anderson with 10.

Jon Jones isn't the UFC GOAT... yet. Anderson and GSP are ahead of him right now, but he has had a much better start to his career than both. If he continues winning, it won't even be a debate anymore. Jon Jones will be the undisputed UFC GOAT. Personally, I'm picking DC to win. This is the first fight I didn't pick Jones since Shogun. But if Jon wins, I don't see anyone stopping him, not even Gus.

If I were to choose, it'd be:

** Fedor **
- Undersized HW that has beaten opponents two times bigger than him.
- Finished his opponents in every area (KO, TKO, submission off his back and top position)
- Has only trained with one small camp and without any big names besides Aleks to prepare for his fights.
- Has fought under Japan and U.S. rules to show his versatility.

He's 3-3 under US rules. He's never fought in different weight classes either.

The guy is probably LHW's GOAT but explain to me how he is the GOAT of all time..

- Never had any matches in a different weight class.
- Never KO'ed anyone in the UFC.
- Pokes almost every fighter in the eyes in each fight.
- Beat Gus by a controversial decision. (This means he lost at least 2 rounds, possibly 3).

He's great, don't get me wrong. I'll say he's in the top 5 best fighters of all time. But the GOAT? I find that ridiculous from what the people call him here.

So he's top 5, but it's "ridiculous" to say he's #1?

And he steps into a division stacked with all time greats and cleans it out, but one of his wins was a close decision, so he can't be the best?

I don't think he's the GOAT (yet) either, but still, we look at MMA differently, you and I.

Name a win for Anderson Silva, GSP or Fedor that is as impressive as a potential Jones victory over Danny Corms?

If youve actually followed the sport for longer than 3yrs
Easy
andy-hendo was a reigning 2division pride champ/Franklin was considered the future of the sport until he got his nose pushed to the side of his face
fedor-nog/crocop/blasting the two most dominate hws the ufc had at the time
gsp-hughes was far and away the greatest ww ever......until gsp beat him down

His level of competition is the most impressive (imo) and he isn't even 30 yet. If he keeps doing what he does for a few more years, he should easily be recognized as the GOAT.

imo he only beat 2 relevant opponents

Haha yeah ok dude. What you said makes no sense and is totally irrelevant to my point. Sorry to break it to you but LHW is what it is man. The best division in the UFC for a long time. Anyway....

Just for the record it's Anderson for me currently as greatest mma fighter.

He's 3-3 under US rules. He's never fought in different weight classes either.

You're right. Fedor has never fought in a different weight class. But a 230 pound Fedor fighting 300+ pound fighters doesn't count...

Back