Explain how Jones is GOAT..I don't understand..

p4p#1 and LHW GOAT and if he beats Cormier he is all time GOAT in my book

ALDO is p4p best,he cleared out fw and jones didnt beat dc,rumble,davis and gus fight was close(all top 5).aldo beat edgar,mendesx2,lamas,cub and only guys that would even stand a chanse vs him(that he didnt beat)are mcgregor and bermudez. aldo beat top 5 guys at his div,jones didnt

Jones is not the goat because he has no one strike KO power.

You're not going to stay the champ forever if you allow every decent fighter to try and knock you out for 25 mins.

Jones is not the goat because he has no one punch/kick power.

You're not going to stay the champ forever if you allow every decent fighter to try and knock you out for 25 mins.

georges-st-pierre-167press-640.jpg

Jones is not the goat because he has no one strike KO power.

Ya cuz he has gone to so many decisions in his fights right????/

Jones is not GOAT yet. But your argument is horrible. Quality over quantity, quality always has outweighed numbers in combats sports. Its why someone like Mayweather at 48-0 and having the legit talent of a GOAT and being one of the smartest boxers ever, is not even close to being the GOAT in boxing.

If mayweather isnt the boxing GOAT then who is?? undefeated multiple weight champion.
Jones is goat for me, look at his opponents, 5 former champions, 7 title defenses, hes undefeated, has 9 ko/tko's and 6 submissions, has a takedown defense rate of 97%,

Not sure if greatest of all time but,

With the exception of one fight, he completely obliterated some of the most well known and decorated competitors in the sport of MMA in a short period of time.

Alot of the other champions have quite a number of "gimme" fights mixed in with their legit wins.

KO's dont make a "greatest" criteria in anyones books but the "just bleed" crowd....except Jones seems to make his opponents "just bleed" all the time anyway so....

common dude fighting vitor (short period) and chael in a row is not a gimme ? I like Jones but he got some favorable fights too.

put Jones's list of opponents against all other champions and his is most impressive.
Jones- Bader, Rua, Rampage, Evans, vitor, machida, gus, glover.
Aldo- (ufc) Mendes x2, Lamas, jung, Edgar, Florian, hominick.
GSP- Has an impressive enough win streak against quality opponents but has two losses via finish against him.

put Jones's list of opponents against all other champions and his is most impressive.
Jones- Bader, Rua, Rampage, Evans, vitor, machida, gus, glover.
Aldo- (ufc) Mendes x2, Lamas, jung, Edgar, Florian, hominick.
GSP- Has an impressive enough win streak against quality opponents but has two losses via finish against him.

...that he both brutally avenged. Jon does not have Georges' body of work, not even close, in fact.

Dude, its proven that PRIDE was fixed and dirty. That takes a lot away from Fedor imo. Jones fought Shogun, Bader, Rashad, Gus, Glover, and Machida when they were in their prime. Shogun was holding the title when Jones pounded him. I can see where most won't give him credit for beating an old Rampage or Vitor but I think that's BS and most guys would have lost in Jones position.

Which of Fedor's fights were fixed? and don't tell me you believe the UFC doesn't fix fights too.

Shogun wasn't in his prime. Shogun was coming off one of his many surgeries. Jones has some great fights under his belt but Fedor was fighting the best of the best at the time and the HW div is the toughest to dominate. Fedor was a pudgy guy at 230lbs who could have made 205 if he really wanted to and would absolutely slaughter Jon Jones within the first minute if they fought even today.

fedor is my favourite and i would consider him #1 also (even if only out of fanboyism) but those reasons are pretty poor

fedor is the GOAT because he never worked with other good guys
fedor fought in the USA and Japan to show his versitility
fedor fought large, comparatively unskilled fighters a few times

fedor to me was great because of his demeanor, his attitude and his fearless fighting style in which he would aggressively throw himself into any situation to implement his gameplan... and with that attitude he won the fans and scared the opposition for a uniquely long period of time... but saying he was the best because he fought in both japan and the usa is pretty poorly argued

I understand that Jones was never able to fight under the rules in Japan..

I'm just saying that Fedor has showed a strong skill set fighting in rules that allowed knees to the head while on the ground, foot stomps, an organization that doesn't favor wrestlers, etc.

The term GOAT should be reserved until after retirement of any fighter. Right now it is Fedor

First off, GOAT is a silly discussion.

However, I think it's actually pretty easy to see why he's in the running for one of the best. Of course if he loses his next 5 fights that will change, but as of now? Pretty good CV.

...that he both brutally avenged. Jon does not have Georges' body of work, not even close, in fact.

Yes i know he avenged the losses but he was still ko'd and submitted. George is WW goat no doubt, and his resume may be longer but i dont feel hes fought better opposition than jones, his hardest opponents in my opinion were- Hendricks, Hughes, penn, Condit, Shields, koscheck.
I feel jone's has fought tougher opposition and performed better against his opponents, the only close fight hes had is with gus, and again jone's is undefeated, Gsp has been ko.d an d submitted.

I'm hearing a lot of "except" and "catching up".

Jones might become the GOAT, but he needs more fights. Just gotta slow your roll. The top 3 GOAT are pretty firm at this time.

Does "a lot" mean "once"?

Jones isn't the goat as of today but it seems like we all see him going that way and people like ts don't want that to happen

For me Anderson is the goat today. Can jones catch him? Yes

Yes i know he avenged the losses but he was still ko'd and submitted. George is WW goat no doubt, and his resume may be longer but i dont feel hes fought better opposition than jones, his hardest opponents in my opinion were- Hendricks, Hughes, penn, Condit, Shields, koscheck.
I feel jone's has fought tougher opposition and performed better against his opponents, the only close fight hes had is with gus, and again jone's is undefeated, Gsp has been ko.d an d submitted.

He's definetly fought better opposition than Jones. Jon's biggest claim to the throne is the same as Silva's, i.e. it's much more focused on the way he beat his opposition rather than the quality of the opposition itself.

Because, well, nobody can touch GSP in that regard.

And that's what makes GSP a true champ. He avenged his losses by training mentally and physically an ended up finishing them.

We'll see how tough Jones is if he ever suffers his first defeat. But c'mon, the WW division is greater than the LHW division. Rumble Johnson has set that example. The same fighter GSP beat twice (Kosheck) beat Rumble..

He's definetly fought better opposition than Jones. Jon's biggest claim to the throne is the same as Silva's, i.e. it's much more focused on the way he beat his opposition rather than the quality of the opposition itself.

Because, well, nobody can touch GSP in that regard.

There has never been a time on earth where holding the LHW belt was less meaningfull or important than holding the ww belt. Fighting 205 monsters is better than what George did

Jones doesn't have the length yet but he has a much better resume than Georges. Let's not even discuss how impressive jones performances have been

Lhw has always been the glamour division of UFC for a reason.

Back