Explain how Jones is GOAT..I don't understand..

His level of competition is the most impressive (imo) and he isn't even 30 yet. If he keeps doing what he does for a few more years, he should easily be recognized as the GOAT.

Your statement only leads to Jones being the LHW GOAT. Sorry bud, try again.

Your statement only leads to Jones being the LHW GOAT. Sorry bud, try again.

no, if he keeps going the way he is for another few years, undefeated he will pass GSP in title defenses, and will of cleaned out light heavy weight division.

Which of Fedor's fights were fixed? and don't tell me you believe the UFC doesn't fix fights too.

Shogun wasn't in his prime. Shogun was coming off one of his many surgeries. Jones has some great fights under his belt but Fedor was fighting the best of the best at the time and the HW div is the toughest to dominate. Fedor was a pudgy guy at 230lbs who could have made 205 if he really wanted to and would absolutely slaughter Jon Jones within the first minute if they fought even today.

You're delusional. How was Shogun not at the end of his prime back then? He ended the Machida era and was champion. 205 was the toughest division at that time and Shogun held gold.

And I'm not even gonna waste my time on the Fedor part. Jones beats Fedor wherever it goes.

Its GSP IMO.

Jones is top 3 with Anderson.

He's 14-1 UFC, 20-1 overall with his one loss having a MAJOR asterisk next to it.

7 title defenses

Beaten nearly every single elite fighter in his weight class that was/is still relevant during his career.

(Gus, Shogun, Lyoto, Rampage, Rashad, Glover)

I am a Jones hater but he has the strongest resume of any active fighter and is rivaled only by GSP all time in my opinion.
The guy has mauled numerous champions in ways most thought impossible.

As for the other weightclass studd that doesn't matter. GSP didn't move around and Silva smashing Forrest and Irvin didn't add much credit since he was vastly favores going inti noth fights.

I think when you talk GOAT everyone agrees its a short list with Jones, Fedor, GSP and Aldo on it,I believe jones has beaten the better fighters and would beat Fedor, GSP and Aldo.
I also believe Cormier Beats everyone and think he will beat jones tomorrow, Cormier future goat! lol
Didnt mean to leave anderson out.

I don't consider him GOAT. I think it's just to hype up his fights. Aldo, MM, GSP, Anderson are all on just about the same level. If Weidman keeps winning, he will be there too.....

Edit - Fedor too....;)

You're delusional. How was Shogun not at the end of his prime back then? He ended the Machida era and was champion. 205 was the toughest division at that time and Shogun held gold.

And I'm not even gonna waste my time on the Fedor part. Jones beats Fedor wherever it goes.

Fedor would knock Jon Jones out clean in less than 30 seconds. Fedor could also armbar him very easily.

He's top 4 for me, behind Aldo, Silva and GSP. If he beats Cormier, all four kind of become jumbled IMO. Fedor is a distant 5.

You're right. Fedor has never fought in a different weight class. But a 230 pound Fedor fighting 300+ pound fighters doesn't count...

Why would it? The 300 pound + fighters were among the worst competition he had. Fedor is definitely in contention for GOAT, but you could take out his fights with Zulu, Choi, etc and he'd still be in contention. Those fights were squash matches, regardless of how much they weighed. Being large doesn't make you talented or a favored over the smaller fighter.

Why would it? The 300 pound + fighters were among the worst competition he had. Fedor is definitely in contention for GOAT, but you could take out his fights with Zulu, Choi, etc and he'd still be in contention. Those fights were squash matches, regardless of how much they weighed. Being large doesn't make you talented or a favored over the smaller fighter.

Fedor still had the balls to take those fights. Look how small he was even standing next to Timmeh, Rogers, Arlovski, etc. and these fights were at HW.

At least Spider, when he was champ, had the balls to fight a few guys at LHW. Jon Jones doesn't even do that to put on a good show for the fans. This guy flaked out on Chael the first time, and then he makes some fake excuse to buy time to mentally and physically prepare for DC tomorrow.

Fedor still had the balls to take those fights. Look how small he was even standing next to Timmeh, Rogers, Arlovski, etc. and these fights were at HW.

At least Spider, when he was champ, had the balls to fight a few guys at LHW. Jon Jones doesn't even do that to put on a good show for the fans. This guy flaked out on Chael the first time, and then he makes some fake excuse to buy time to mentally and physically prepare for DC tomorrow.

Yes, he had the balls to fight big guys with less talent, less ranking, and less overall fighting ability. Big whoop. Fighting a squash match doesn't take balls. It took more balls to stand with Mirko or dive into Nogs guard. Fedor wasn't "small". Arlovski weighed in at seven pounds more than Fedor. This is some sort of huge differential? Guys like Timmeh, Zulu etc may be bigger, but their size brings significant disadvantages. They're generally awkward, lack athleticism and speed, etc or in the case of Zulu is just a huge fatass. It's not just an advantage, it's a double edged sword. Actually, being a fatass is a huge disadvantage.

The latter part of your post is just Jones hate. He smashed Chael, yet somehow he didn't have the "balls" to fight him. And this is the first I heard that he ducked Chael to prepare for Cormier, who hadn't even fought at 205 yet. Do you think before posting?

He could move up to HW and you'd say he's ducking Gus.

Last edited:
Yes, he had the balls to fight big guys with less talent, less ranking, and less overall fighting ability. Big whoop. Fighting a squash match doesn't take balls. It took more balls to stand with Mirko or dive into Nogs guard. Fedor wasn't "small". Arlovski weighed in at seven pounds more than Fedor. This is some sort of huge differential? Guys like Timmeh, Zulu etc may be bigger, but their size brings significant disadvantages. They're generally awkward, lack athleticism and speed, etc or in the case of Zulu is just a huge fatass. It's not just an advantage, it's a double edged sword. Actually, being a fatass is a huge disadvantage.

The latter part of your post is thinly veiled Jones hate. He smashed Chael, yet somehow he didn't have the "balls" to fight him. And this is the first I heard that he ducked Chael to prepare for Cormier, who hadn't even fought at 205 yet. Do you think before posting?

He could move up to HW and you'd say he's ducking Gus.

Whoever said he ducked Chael to prepare for Cormier?

Anyway, til that day happens when he finally steps up to HW, to even fight a guy like Frank Mir, Roy Nelson, hell even Crocop if he decides to come back for a fight, I'd give a little more props to Jones for stepping up. As of now, he's alright..just not bought on his hype.

Whoever said he ducked Chael to prepare for Cormier?

You did.

This guy flaked out on Chael the first time, and then he makes some fake excuse to buy time to mentally and physically prepare for DC tomorrow.

But I can chalk it up to just not writing your thought effectively. I guess what you meant to say was that ducked Chael, and in addition to that he faked an injury and underwent fake surgery in a fake hospital to buy time to fight DC. Because that makes more sense.

The key part of GOAT is "all time" which means it's a career assessment and it's important not to overrate guys who are simply peaking because you're comparing half of their career to other guys' full bodies of work. Jones might one day be the GOAT and he might be close today but I feel like he hasn't earned it, having made his name for the most part off legends in decline and middleweights.

Today, for me the only serious candidates are Aldo and Anderson. Fedor has 3 glaring losses that you can't write off and 33 when he started losing is not over the hill. GSP turned into a point fighter and went crazy and retired after he was outpoint fought and outboxed by a wrestler.

Back