Explain how Jones is GOAT..I don't understand..

I dont believe that statement. Lost a sig bet.

This is why I don't like sig bets, cause as soon as someone points out how ridiculous it is, you can just explain that it's a sig bet. You should have to not comment on it at as part of the bet.

I'm trying to make this a thing.

Not sure if greatest of all time but,

With the exception of one fight, he completely obliterated some of the most well known and decorated competitors in the sport of MMA in a short period of time.

Alot of the other champions have quite a number of "gimme" fights mixed in with their legit wins.

KO's dont make a "greatest" criteria in anyones books but the "just bleed" crowd....except Jones seems to make his opponents "just bleed" all the time anyway so....

This is why I don't like sig bets, cause as soon as someone points out how ridiculous it is, you can just explain that it's a sig bet. You should have to not comment on it at as part of the bet.

I'm trying to make this a thing.

Will probably enforce that as "rule" in my next sig bets. I have one for jones vs dc but we allready agreed upon on the rules.

-Youngest UFC champion in the toughest division when he won the belt.

-Has beat Rashad Evans, Glover Texiera, and Alexander Gustaffson.

-Has finished Ryan Bader, Shogun Rua, Rampage Jackson, Lyoto Machida, Vitor Belfort, and Chael Sonnen. (Better resume then Anderson and Fedor imo).

-Successfully defended the belt 7 times.

-Should have an undefeated record.

-Anderson refuses to fight him.

GOAT

He's not the goat but could challenge the Fedor era when Jones finally retires in like 5-7 years... A lot depends on the Cormier fight and the Gus rematch, beyond them its clear sailing for the next few years if he remains at LHW.

If he beats DC he'll feel confident about fighting Cain and will probably go up.

The guy is probably LHW's GOAT but explain to me how he is the GOAT of all time..

- Never had any matches in a different weight class.
- Never KO'ed anyone in the UFC.
- Pokes almost every fighter in the eyes in each fight.
- Beat Gus by a controversial decision. (This means he lost at least 2 rounds, possibly 3).

He's great, don't get me wrong. I'll say he's in the top 5 best fighters of all time. But the GOAT? I find that ridiculous from what the people call him here.

The UFC needs a new GOAT since Anderson lost, it's promotional hype as much as it is a serious title.

Yet he has more title defenses than all of them Except Anderson and GSP and he is catching up.

He is also finishes more than GSP and has done more at his age than Anderson did by the same period in time.

He is also a white belt with about 3 years of experience and yet he submited black belts and outstruck strikers with over a decades of experience. He made shogun tap to strikes for christ sakes!

He doesn`t have more title defenses than Aldo, who has a total of 9 WEC/UFC defenses.

Also all that you said makes him a Phenom, not the GOAT. Machida went undefeated for 16 straight fights, and now he wins some and looses some. The same could happen to Jones and then no one will be saying he is the GOAT. He is the best right now and that might elude people into believeing he is the GOAT. But the guy has to through the time like Anderson, GSP, Fedor, Chuck, Wand, and Shogun all did.

Who knows, Jones might go on a three fight loosing streak. Or he might continue his dominance for a couple of years and then gets in the discussion of GOAT.

He's not the goat but could challenge the Fedor era when Jones finally retires in like 5-7 years... A lot depends on the Cormier fight and the Gus rematch, beyond them its clear sailing for the next few years if he remains at LHW.

If he beats DC he'll feel confident about fighting Cain and will probably go up.

Lol he'll match Fedor's record in 5 - 7 years?!?

Fedor fought many cans, his win streak is impressive but many of those wins were over no bodies.

it's rare for guys to defend their titles so many times and continue to win. Look at Anderson Silva. He was GOAT for defending his title and looking unbeatable.

fedor,andy,gsp and aldo are def. in front of him
TBH he is the youngest champ in ufc and beat majority of former lhw title holders+he is well rounded and creative

The guy is probably LHW's GOAT but explain to me how he is the GOAT of all time..

- Never had any matches in a different weight class.
- Never KO'ed anyone in the UFC.
- Pokes almost every fighter in the eyes in each fight.
- Beat Gus by a controversial decision. (This means he lost at least 2 rounds, possibly 3).

He's great, don't get me wrong. I'll say he's in the top 5 best fighters of all time. But the GOAT? I find that ridiculous from what the people call him here.

I don't recall one person on here claiming that Jones is the GOAT....LHW yes, and he is. But not all time.

Lol he'll match Fedor record in 5 - 7 years?!?

Fedor fought many cans, his career is seriously overrated.

Can or no cans he's still the greatest. Remove the can from Fedor's record and he's still the best to ever fight MMA. Jones fought a murders row of guys who already fought through their prime and been though the wars... see, I can disregard Jones achievements too. Both are impressive, Fedor's career is more impressive. Must suck that you missed it.

Can or no cans he's still the greatest. Remove the can from Fedor's record and he's still the best to ever fight MMA. Jones fought a murders row of guys who already fought through their prime and been though the wars... see, I can disregard Jones achievements too. Both are impressive, Fedor's career is more impressive. Must suck that you missed it.

Dude, its proven that PRIDE was fixed and dirty. That takes a lot away from Fedor imo. Jones fought Shogun, Bader, Rashad, Gus, Glover, and Machida when they were in their prime. Shogun was holding the title when Jones pounded him. I can see where most won't give him credit for beating an old Rampage or Vitor but I think that's BS and most guys would have lost in Jones position.

Dude, its proven that PRIDE was fixed and dirty.
The UFC has just as many known fixed fights as PRIDE did.

Pre-2000 MMA is a wash. Anything after is legit.

- Never had any matches in a different weight class. (Don't understand what this has to do with anything)
- Never KO'ed anyone in the UFC. (I'm pretty sure this isn't in the criteria)
- Pokes almost every fighter in the eyes in each fight. (Just stop)
- Beat Gus by a controversial decision. (This means he lost at least 2 rounds, possibly 3). (Fedor got knocked out, submitted, and just beat up. Anderson got beat twice in a row. GSP tapped to strikes. All of them still considered on the GOAT list, so your point?)

Fixed a lot of things for you. There are plenty of legitimate reasons why JJ shouldn't be considered the GOAT at this stage in his career...you made none. Let's just wait and see how the 27 year olds fight career ends up when it's all said and done, THEN we can readdress this topic.

Back