Examples of fighters that got jujitsu black belts from McDonalds happy meals

It's fake, because he ties it like a 4 year old ties a pair of shoes. You have to admit, that alone should give reason to question it's legit status. Not to mention, that their is literally ZERO video of him rolling, only wrestling defense.
13118326_966078473505143_1392730677_n.jpg

He competed in grappling tournament you retard, there is a video of it hahahahahha

Jui jitsu in MMA is different to an actual pure jits competition.

You dont have someone smashing your skull when you are trying to defend against attacks.

So either Joseph Duffy has ridiculous underrated jits, or Conor has ridiculous overrated jits.

Because Joe is a purple belt.
or, you have no clue what those belts mean.

jones is technically a white belt because he doesn't train with the gi, and he's submitted a couple of black belts in his mma fights. pettis is officially a blue belt, and won the belt by armbarring a blackbelt.

i've never seen joe duffy roll, but it wouldn't shock me if he was at a level of a regular bjj black belt. it's not an unattainable level, reserved only for some prodigies. any pro mma fighter trains roughly twice a day, a lot of which is spent on the ground. a regular person with a job takes about a decade of training to get a black belt. it's not unthinkable for a professional athlete to get there a few years earlier, and most of the guys at the highest level have more than 6 years of training.

just to make sure you understand: a belt, be it black or any other, does not mean you can't get submitted. it does not beat you can't get beaten on the ground. it just means you're at a certain level.

how is this so difficult to understand?

chris weidman went the distance in a grappling match with andre galvao, one of the greatest jiu jitsu fighters to ever walk the earth.

you have no fucking clue what you're talking about.
Highly overrated. The last few years his groundgame was displayed vs Luke.

jones is technically a white belt because he doesn't train with the gi, and he's submitted a couple of black belts in his mma fights. pettis is officially a blue belt, and won the belt by armbarring a blackbelt.

i've never seen joe duffy roll, but it wouldn't shock me if he was at a level of a regular bjj black belt. it's not an unattainable level, reserved only for some prodigies. any pro mma fighter trains roughly twice a day, a lot of which is spent on the ground. a regular person with a job takes about a decade of training to get a black belt. it's not unthinkable for a professional athlete to get there a few years earlier, and most of the guys at the highest level have more than 6 years of training.

just to make sure you understand: a belt, be it black or any other, does not mean you can't get submitted. it does not beat you can't get beaten on the ground. it just means you're at a certain level.

This - it's pretty retarded thinking.

That's like thinking a golden gloves champion boxer could never get knocked out in an mma fight.

Things aren't that simple in real life. I'd also love to see OP roll with any of those he listed to see how he'd handle their "happy meal" belt level.

How did he get on?

Was he against some legit guys, or was it one of those European tournaments where there are no Brazilian killers? ;)

Don't ask me that you lazy fuck, you can easily get your answer by googling it within 10 seconds.

I'm only here to point out your blind hatred against a fighter lol

Didn't Kevin Casey promote himself to black belt ?. I'm not sure of the details though.

Because you don't have an answer for mine either ;)

Did I once claim to have a BJJ belt? Purple, black or any colour?

The belt I'm wearing today is actually a nice Ralph Lauren number, black leather, golden buckle, pretty slick if I must say, also good for several types of jeans as it has a 3cm width.

I know where your BS argument is going, you're going to discredit my opinion because I'm not a BJJ practionier and that is swell.

You know the saying though, you don't need to be a dentist to know what good teeth look like.

;)

As I said to the other guy, its definitely fair to question Conor's grappling in relation to his MMA game. 100% that would be fair. But how can you question his legitimacy as a brown belt? You don't even know what a brown belt is/should be.
That belt sounds nice, how much did you pay for it? I got a nice Ben Sherman one from my sister for christmas. Just plain black with a silver coloured buckle.

That's Conor in a high level BJJ tournament in 2012, competing at purple belt. Do you not think its possible he has improved enough to now be a legitimate brown belt?

what pisses me of is bjj politics ,take Jeff monson while he is defiantly a black belt skill wise he has never put on a gi so how is he a black belt were as you average man who trains nogi year in year out cant even get a srtripe

This - it's pretty retarded thinking.

That's like thinking a golden gloves champion boxer could never get knocked out in an mma fight.

Things aren't that simple in real life. I'd also love to see OP roll with any of those he listed to see how he'd handle their "happy meal" belt level.
I'd choke out Alexis in under a minute then lick out her happy meal. I'm a black belt in life.

As I said to the other guy, its definitely fair to question Conor's grappling in relation to his MMA game. 100% that would be fair. But how can you question his legitimacy as a brown belt? You don't even know what a brown belt is/should be.
That belt sounds nice, how much did you pay for it? I got a nice Ben Sherman one from my sister for christmas. Just plain black with a silver coloured buckle.

That's Conor in a high level BJJ tournament in 2012, competing at purple belt. Do you not think its possible he has improved enough to now be a legitimate brown belt?

Haha, I like the banter sir ;)

In all fairness I haven't seen much of Conor's grappling matches, and this is one of the few clips I've seen. In this clip, he is in top position the whole time, and not once is placed on his back. He maintains top control nicely, okay I'll give him some props on that. He does almost get armbar'd though and really has little of any offence at all in these 6 minutes. I'm not all that impressed, personally.

I'm suspicious of Conor's brown belt because Kavanagh is in love with him and has probably let him fuck his wife.

Cub Swanson
Diego Sanchez
Machida
JDS
They are decent but never submit anyone.

Uhh?!? Have you see Diego's fights with Diaz or Karo? Dude was an absolute beast on the ground until he adapted the brawler mentality. Oh, and he held his own with Marcelo Garcia in a grappling match so I think it's safe to say he's legit.

Rashad Evans, Junior Cigano, Conor Mcgregor (brown belt).
When has he ever tapped? He has great control and positioning. Just because he doesn't go for a ton of subs in fights doesn't mean that his ground game isn't legit. Look at how he completely dominated Sonnen on the ground and then finished him from back mount (albeit with strikes and not a sub). That was the same Sonnen that dominated and then tapped Shogun on the ground in his previous fight. Maybe you should be calling out Shogun for having a fake black belt instead. ;)

Never claimed either thing.

I'm just saying that the guy showed zero skill off of his back against an undersized wrestler. He also got choked out by Diaz, and also got choked out by a lower ranking BJJ belt holder in Duffy, in only 38 seconds, in a fight that starts on the feet. Going by my math, he was only on the ground for about 10 seconds, and got arm-triangle'd which are not that easy to pull off at that speed. He essentially Sage quick-tapped. He also got kneebar'd by a Flyweight :)

Just saying, I'm not rating his "brown belt" what so ever.

Haha, I like the banter sir ;)

In all fairness I haven't seen much of Conor's grappling matches, and this is one of the few clips I've seen. In this clip, he is in top position the whole time, and not once is placed on his back. He maintains top control nicely, okay I'll give him some props on that. He does almost get armbar'd though and really has little of any offence at all in these 6 minutes. I'm not all that impressed, personally.

You don't have to be impressed. I'm not even saying that he is that good of a grappler. Its just a purple belt match at the end of the day. You can see my point though right? If he was a purple belt then, its a fair presumption he is a brown belt now.
The guy with the Bibiano av explained it a lot better than I can be bothered to

Don't ask me that you lazy fuck, you can easily get your answer by googling it within 10 seconds.

I'm only here to point out your blind hatred against a fighter lol
Okay you cunt ;)

I had a search, found nothing but 2012 no-gi European tournament, he lost to Kywan Gracie. Cannot see what stage he was eliminated, also cannot see any history of him holding any victories in BJJ matches. Perhaps you have more information than I do, but from what Google tells me, he's not very good lol.

Back